Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1610389 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16020 on: June 30, 2019, 06:35:18 PM »

barton

« Reply #16021 on: June 30, 2019, 07:01:34 PM »

That De Adder lost his contract after web publishing this powerful cartoon (i.e. shocked people, that thing good political cartoons do sometimes).

His contract terminated with the Brunswick News, a privately-held publishing company that operates in New Brunswick, Canada. The sole owner, James K. Irving is one of the wealthiest people in Canada and he and his family have a vast array of interests and holdings, many of them dependent on access to the United States.   His brother, Arthur, owns an oil company.   

De Adder strongly condemns Trump's callousness and, boom, he's dropped by Irving's paper.  Aren't you alt-Right folks supposed to be big on free speech? 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16022 on: June 30, 2019, 07:19:43 PM »

That De Adder lost his contract after web publishing this powerful cartoon (i.e. shocked people, that thing good political cartoons do sometimes).

His contract terminated with the Brunswick News, a privately-held publishing company that operates in New Brunswick, Canada. The sole owner, James K. Irving is one of the wealthiest people in Canada and he and his family have a vast array of interests and holdings, many of them dependent on access to the United States.   His brother, Arthur, owns an oil company.   

De Adder strongly condemns Trump's callousness and, boom, he's dropped by Irving's paper.  Aren't you alt-Right folks supposed to be big on free speech?

Red got a tax cut...
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16024 on: June 30, 2019, 07:39:07 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16025 on: June 30, 2019, 07:47:40 PM »

This shit should really piss you off.

https://mobile.twitter.com/aodespair/status/1145167207330193408?s=21
In what way?

Not you, you fascist fuck. It pisses off people. You’ve burned that card long ago.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16027 on: June 30, 2019, 09:49:53 PM »

In what way?

Fuck off.
LOL

Ward says: "In what way should a person's being fired for doing his job piss me off?"

Because it's all a joke to him, same as the kids being mistreated is a joke to him or the deaths of transgender women is a joke to him.

LOLOLOLOL, Ward.

Someday, perhaps, you will understand the real joke.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16028 on: June 30, 2019, 09:56:15 PM »

Just a couple bad apples...

working in packs. Or bushels.

https://youtu.be/oVCgCHnmjSY
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16029 on: June 30, 2019, 11:08:53 PM »

In what way?

Fuck off.
LOL

Ward says: "In what way should a person's being fired for doing his job piss me off?"

Because it's all a joke to him, same as the kids being mistreated is a joke to him or the deaths of transgender women is a joke to him.

LOLOLOLOL, Ward.

LOL
You seemto have trouble following a thread.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 11:11:32 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16030 on: June 30, 2019, 11:33:09 PM »

In what way?

Fuck off.
LOL

LOLOLOLOL, Ward.

LOL
You seemto have trouble following a thread.

Go kick rocks.

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16031 on: June 30, 2019, 11:34:16 PM »

Yup - I've seen projected maps where 60+ percent of FL is submerged late in the century.   Relevant to that is another story I wanted to pass along here....

https://www.npr.org/2019/06/29/737029654/north-carolina-tries-to-clean-up-its-electricity

It's a hot issue in North Carolina. Last fall, Gov. Roy Cooper declared that the state would try to reduce its greenhouse emissions by 40% by 2025, compared 2005 levels.

The state can do this most quickly and easily at power plants, replacing coal and gas with wind and solar power. So energy experts now are trying to hammer out a plan for how to do it. The goal is controversial, but the debate isn't nearly as partisan as it used to be. That's mainly because wind and solar power have become much cheaper.

They've won over state legislator John Szoka. "I would describe myself as a conservative Republican who has come to believe in renewable energy based on the economic facts behind it," he says.   

You can believe in renewable energy and not set such extreme goals.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16032 on: June 30, 2019, 11:35:50 PM »

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16033 on: June 30, 2019, 11:37:14 PM »

Where I grew up, out in the Desert of Southern California, we did not have very many Black kids.

Then, Lancaster elected a Black Mayor, Mayor Henry Hearns.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Henry_Hearns,_mayor_of_Lancaster.jpg

https://henryhearns.org/

Mayor Hearns started bringing the poor Black people from Los Angeles to Lancaster, and he built welfare housing in the Desert, and brought the poor Black people from Los Angeles to the free welfare housing in Lancaster.

Lancaster used to be a small aerospace town, where the Space Shuttles were built, and top secret aircraft, and satellites, and stuff. Now the population of Lancaster is 150,000 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancaster,_California

And the population of the Antelope Valley is about 500,000.

Because of Henry Hearns the population of Lancaster became mixed quickly, and now there are a large number of Blacks in Lancaster. Unfortunately as they left Compton and Watts and South Central to go out to the peaceful Desert, they brought the gangs with them to the Desert. The Desert was peaceful, and now the Desert has gang violence. And the Desert is full of meth addicts. What was once a good place to live and to raise your kids, with a local job making spaceships and airplanes, etc, became a ghetto with high crime.

You tell me how the white people ruin a neighborhood, go look at the Antelope Valley. And the proof is in the pudding, you gotta clean it up to prove that Black people do not ruin neighborhoods.

The Antelope Valley has great schools, and a great community college.

Here is an example of a class at AVC...

-------------

Antelope Valley College’s Aircraft Fabrication & Assembly Rapid Training Program. This program is a great partnership between AVC and local community partners. Cohorts of 24 students take classes in compressed 8 week sessions, gaining valuable hands on training in aircraft fabrication while earning transferrable college credits. The program is rigorous with students spending well beyond 40 hours per week in this classroom and lab setting. With two cohorts, classes begin at 6:30 a.m. and end at 10 pm, six days per week. The program has a 90% job placement rate.

Link...

https://www.avc.edu/

---------------

The Black people in the Antelope Valley have all of the benefits that I had, and they are behaving foolishly, they need to clean up their act. If they want to they can work, and have a good life in the Antelope Valley. And even just a little thing like mowing your neighbors' lawns will pay your bills, it is not "dog eat dog" and it is not the "jungle" it is the Desert of Southern California, and you can mow a couple of lawns and buy a steak dinner. We even had hot air balloons, and I earned sixty dollars an hour working as a hot air balloon crew.

A lot of my friends have Black girlfriends now, I have family with Black girlfriends too. Everyone is mixing.

They are calling Lancaster a "ghetto." It pisses me off. We built the fucking Space Shuttles. Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier at Edwards. Watch the movie "The Right Stuff." Lancaster is not a "Ghetto."

And they call Anaheim a "ghetto" too. What a bunch of bullshit. Anaheim is not a ghetto, Anaheim is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

Good post, Tony - you fucking racist.

heh

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16034 on: June 30, 2019, 11:44:07 PM »

Where I grew up, out in the Desert of Southern California, we did not have very many Black kids.

Then, Lancaster elected a Black Mayor, Mayor Henry Hearns.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Henry_Hearns,_mayor_of_Lancaster.jpg

https://henryhearns.org/

Mayor Hearns started bringing the poor Black people from Los Angeles to Lancaster, and he built welfare housing in the Desert, and brought the poor Black people from Los Angeles to the free welfare housing in Lancaster.

Lancaster used to be a small aerospace town, where the Space Shuttles were built, and top secret aircraft, and satellites, and stuff. Now the population of Lancaster is 150,000 people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lancaster,_California

And the population of the Antelope Valley is about 500,000.

Because of Henry Hearns the population of Lancaster became mixed quickly, and now there are a large number of Blacks in Lancaster. Unfortunately as they left Compton and Watts and South Central to go out to the peaceful Desert, they brought the gangs with them to the Desert. The Desert was peaceful, and now the Desert has gang violence. And the Desert is full of meth addicts. What was once a good place to live and to raise your kids, with a local job making spaceships and airplanes, etc, became a ghetto with high crime.

You tell me how the white people ruin a neighborhood, go look at the Antelope Valley. And the proof is in the pudding, you gotta clean it up to prove that Black people do not ruin neighborhoods.

The Antelope Valley has great schools, and a great community college.

Here is an example of a class at AVC...

-------------

Antelope Valley College’s Aircraft Fabrication & Assembly Rapid Training Program. This program is a great partnership between AVC and local community partners. Cohorts of 24 students take classes in compressed 8 week sessions, gaining valuable hands on training in aircraft fabrication while earning transferrable college credits. The program is rigorous with students spending well beyond 40 hours per week in this classroom and lab setting. With two cohorts, classes begin at 6:30 a.m. and end at 10 pm, six days per week. The program has a 90% job placement rate.

Link...

https://www.avc.edu/

---------------

The Black people in the Antelope Valley have all of the benefits that I had, and they are behaving foolishly, they need to clean up their act. If they want to they can work, and have a good life in the Antelope Valley. And even just a little thing like mowing your neighbors' lawns will pay your bills, it is not "dog eat dog" and it is not the "jungle" it is the Desert of Southern California, and you can mow a couple of lawns and buy a steak dinner. We even had hot air balloons, and I earned sixty dollars an hour working as a hot air balloon crew.

A lot of my friends have Black girlfriends now, I have family with Black girlfriends too. Everyone is mixing.

They are calling Lancaster a "ghetto." It pisses me off. We built the fucking Space Shuttles. Chuck Yeager broke the sound barrier at Edwards. Watch the movie "The Right Stuff." Lancaster is not a "Ghetto."

And they call Anaheim a "ghetto" too. What a bunch of bullshit. Anaheim is not a ghetto, Anaheim is great.

Salute,

Tony V.

Good post, Tony - you fucking racist.

heh

Tony works to be a good man, we know where his heart lies. I’m not sure you have one.

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1067 1068 [1069] 1070 1071 ... 4288