Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1595828 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16290 on: July 05, 2019, 09:13:30 PM »

68% of White Evangelicals say America has no responsibility to house refugees fleeing famine and war. That’s 25% over the national average

"Christians"
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16292 on: July 05, 2019, 09:37:32 PM »

Joe Biden has no clue.
https://iowastartingline.com/2019/07/05/joe-biden-interview-talk-about-the-future-in-dem-primary/?fbclid=IwAR3BKFSTkEGqC-pcbIhhca3gCizcZ4bUa2HX9x2OQdzbTJhMZXJIbcWPZnE

Let's talk about the future, says he, then suggests he would be open to  renominating Garland.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16293 on: July 05, 2019, 10:18:50 PM »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16294 on: July 05, 2019, 10:47:57 PM »

Christians are supposed to help the poor and the needy, and we are supposed to defend the weak, etc.

One time I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ to do charity work, we took food, medicine, hygiene items, blankets, and shoes and clothes, to people in Mexico who lived in a garbage dump, and also to orphans at two of the orphanages.

When we went to the garbage dump in Mexico, at first the children hated me, and they were spitting on me, but I had candy, so I started passing out candy to the children, and then I climbed up on a dumpster and I did a flip off of the dumpster onto a pile of cardboard next to the dumpster. Soon the children were all laughing and playing, and they were doing flips off of the dumpster onto the cardboard like I did, and they were all eating candy, and everything was cool. They also had wooden tops, that they spun with a string, I do not know if the tops were homemade or if they somehow purchased them or something, they all had tops.

And then at the orphanages, the Catholic nuns ran the orphanages, and the orphanages were very clean and tidy, and the orphan children were very polite and respectful. The orphanages were pretty nice, especially when compared with the way the people were living at the dump. The Catholic Church does a good job at helping orphans. Both orphanages that we went to were pretty nice, and the children were great.

I was about fourteen years old when I went to Mexico with Youth For Christ, and it changed my life. After going to Mexico and seeing how the people lived in the garbage dump, I was always grateful for what I had, I saw that there are people who have it way worse than me. Even when I was homeless, I was grateful to be homeless in the USA instead of living in a garbage dump in Mexico. And I have enthusiastically helped other people whenever I get the opportunity, both before and after.

Salute,

Tony V.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16295 on: July 05, 2019, 11:01:46 PM »

After Franklin Graham revived the Templar initiation rituals, it’s hard to say what religion Evangelicals are any more.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16297 on: July 05, 2019, 11:34:27 PM »

Joe Biden has no clue.
https://iowastartingline.com/2019/07/05/joe-biden-interview-talk-about-the-future-in-dem-primary/?fbclid=IwAR3BKFSTkEGqC-pcbIhhca3gCizcZ4bUa2HX9x2OQdzbTJhMZXJIbcWPZnE

Let's talk about the future, says he, then suggests he would be open to  renominating Garland.

By the time Joe can appoint him Garland will be a 68 year old moderate. Sorry sir, the GOP is filling the courts with young rightwing assholes... your only recourse may be to punch Mitch McConnell in his fucking beak.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16298 on: July 05, 2019, 11:45:33 PM »

The battle for a Christian in a spiritual battle against evil, has to be the battle against all of the human suffering caused by evil. God wants his people to be blessed with abundance.

I had a friend, Tom, who lead a group which raised over a million dollars to feed hungry people, and he managed a homeless shelter, and that was how he fought against evil. He was also a Vet, he served as a Combat Medic in the Marine Corps in Operation Desert Storm. My Uncle Dennis helped him, and their team sold hot dogs, and beer, and ice cream, and stuff, at Angel Stadium, and at the Rose Bowl, etc, they all worked for free to raise money for "Canning Hunger."

https://www.canninghunger.org/

They served God by raising money to feed the hungry people.

That is how you win people over for Christ.

Salute,

Tony V.

bodiddley

• View Profile
« Reply #16299 on: July 06, 2019, 06:24:03 AM »

In China, they were known as "rice christians"  . . .

Biden is a total hack.
His whole premise is that he's moderate and not like those nutty radical left-wingers.  Which makes him sound a lot like a Republican.  His other play is he wa buddy's with Obama, and we all like Obama, and Uncle Joe will bring back Obama centrism (which of course was center-right Rockefeller Repub stuff of yesteryear).

When you are gaffe-prone, poorly spoken, have no reason to be running, nothing you really want to accomplish, and base your whole campaign on being centrist and electable, you're just asking to lose the general election. 

He better hope it's clear how awful trump is, and better be ready to hit Trump hard and often.  Because Biden has nothing positive going for him.  his only way to rev up the base is to attack Trump like a bulldog.  But I wouldn't hold my breath, as Biden has already pitched a get-along and work with cretins strategy by recalling fondly his segregationist colleagues. 

He seems to want to be the reconciliation candidate, like Obama tried, to be a bi-partisan moderate guy.  Obama got elected that way after W trashed the whole country in so many ways.  But Biden is no Obama.  If Biden is the nom, I'm expecting another Dem blown election.
Good Gov't Saves Lives
 --- Bad Gov't Kills ---

barton

« Reply #16300 on: July 06, 2019, 08:34:56 AM »

Good analysis.  As the country grows more polarized, that sweet spot in the center has been gutted.  "Centrist" has come to mean "thinks oligarchy should be caring and nice." 

Driver125

• View Profile
« Reply #16301 on: July 06, 2019, 02:27:03 PM »

68% of White Evangelicals say America has no responsibility to house refugees fleeing famine and war. That’s 25% over the national average
"Christians”…….
Too right, Josh. Every time someone starts to get their shizzel on as a holler-than-thou, right-wing do-gooder some sad-sac sticks his nose in with some of those completely inappropriate Christ-isms……”Turn the other cheek……Do unto others as you would have them do unto you……feed the poor and the hungry….., etc., etc., etc.” Bah!  Can’t we do without those weak-kneed, out-dated ideas yet still be counted as Christians? Isn’t there a religion that has no use for flaccid, watery, shit like that? Scientology?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16302 on: July 06, 2019, 03:39:32 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16304 on: July 06, 2019, 04:12:47 PM »

Biden's entire campaign is, "I am not going to piss anyone off"

Good luck with that - nation needs more.
Pages: 1 ... 1085 1086 [1087] 1088 1089 ... 4288