Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583974 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16545 on: July 11, 2019, 06:07:45 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied to a record high on Thursday, led by UnitedHealth shares, after testimony by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell this week that signaled easier monetary policy could be implemented later this month.

The 30-stock average broke above 27,000 for the first time in its history, rising 227.88 points, or 0.9% to 27,088.08. The Dow first closed above 26,000 in January of 2018, so it’s been a little more than a year-and-half trek between 1,000 point moves. The gains were largely driven by expectations the Fed will cut rates, insulating the market from a slowing economy and a trade battle with China.
The Dow now joins the NASDAQ and the S&P 500 in record territory.
96.056 million.

The economy is “roaring” yet the fed says it’s gonna cut interest rates...

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16546 on: July 11, 2019, 06:13:40 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

The Dow Jones Industrial Average rallied to a record high on Thursday, led by UnitedHealth shares, after testimony by Federal Reserve Chair Jerome Powell this week that signaled easier monetary policy could be implemented later this month.

The 30-stock average broke above 27,000 for the first time in its history, rising 227.88 points, or 0.9% to 27,088.08. The Dow first closed above 26,000 in January of 2018, so it’s been a little more than a year-and-half trek between 1,000 point moves. The gains were largely driven by expectations the Fed will cut rates, insulating the market from a slowing economy and a trade battle with China.
96.056 million.

Yep. Good time to invest. Money will be cheap. You know a real stimulus.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16547 on: July 11, 2019, 06:26:51 PM »

Trump is wanting to make a data base of the info of the illegal immigrants.

It is all bullshit. And the USA belongs as much to me as it does to him, and the USA belongs as much to the next guy as to me and Trump. The USA belongs to humanity. Trump needs to read the words on our Statue of Liberty again.

And we have dying cities with shrinking populations which need the new immigrants, such as Detroit, Michigan, and Gary, Indiana, which need the people. We need to bus our immigrants from our Southern Border to Detroit, and to Gary. And we are all good Christians here in the Western Hemisphere. (Of note, Raquel Welch's father was from Bolivia, the Latin women are beautiful.)

We also need workers in the vineyards, etc.

The USA is for everyone, it is as much yours as it is mine, and it belongs as much to the next guy as me and you.

Salute,

Tony V.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #16548 on: July 11, 2019, 06:29:45 PM »

I remember a time wheen the economy was strong, the govt used growing tax receipts to pay down our national debt.

Pres. Clinton managed to balance a budget as he got his dick sucked and the Repubs recoiled in horror

Today the largest corporations and wealthiest individuals largely escape the responsibility of paying taxes.

What's going to happen when the opiate of lower interest rates no longer delivers the high, and the economy needs a greater fix?

Or the no regs/low regualtions on corporations leads to the next financial crisis?

Will the Chinese be the lender of last resort?

Caveat emptor.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16549 on: July 11, 2019, 07:40:56 PM »

I do not support Trump on a lot of issues.

Thank God that in the USA the people are in power, and thank God that we have checks and balances, in Congress, as well as with the Supreme Court, and thank God for states' rights.

And I have always been a Republican, I loved Reagan, and I even was front and center when Reagan gave a speech at Edwards when the first space shuttle landed. I remember when Reagan made all of our immigrants legal so that they could legally work, and pay taxes, and so that they could join labor unions, etc, and so that they could come out of the shadows and so that they could call the police in the case of an emergency, etc. Reagan was great. And Reagan was against walls, he told Gorbechev to tear down the Berlin Wall.

I wanted Marco Rubio for President of the USA, and I think that Marco would have been much better than Trump, and Marco supports our Latino allies here in the Western Hemisphere.

And I am against putting children in cages, and I am against separating families, and I am against putting people in detention camps. We can bus the people to Detroit, Michigan, and to Gary, Indiana, and we can set them free with help to get settled. Etc. There is no reason to put children in cages or to separate families, just put our immigrants on a bus to Detroit.

Salute,

Tony V.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16550 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

96.056 million.

Don’t buy on margin, bruh...

(Roughly to the tune of ‘Give My Regards to Broadway’)

Put my dough on Wall Street
in early 1929.
When my stock went all the way up
my broker said a million bucks was mine!
Then the stock went down and
he told me it was just a scare.
Put my dough on old Wall Street
and now I sell my apples there!*

*One of those Mad Magazine parody tunes... I think.

« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 08:00:30 PM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

barton

« Reply #16551 on: July 11, 2019, 08:14:54 PM »

Tony.

I wanted Marco Rubio for President of the USA, and I think that Marco would have been much better than Trump,     

Our cats have gagged up hairballs that would have been much better than Trump.

Reagan you love?   

Reagan slashed federal money to schools by a billion dollars. 

As a president who said "trees cause more pollution than automobiles do," Reagan issued leases for oil, gas, and coal development on tens of millions of acres of national lands. Reagan's appointee to the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Anne Gorsuch, tried to gut the 1972 Clean Water Act, cut EPA funding by 25%, and mismanaged a $1.6 billion program to clean up hazardous waste dumps.

He spent 33 billion dollars on SDI, the "Star Wars" ray gun program that never worked.

Reagan believed that widespread freeloading plagued welfare and social programs. As Reagan slashed spending in his first term on programs such as food stamps and subsidized housing, the poverty rate climbed from 12% to 15% and unemployment rose from 7% to 11%.

Reagan broke his own vows not to make deals with terrorists or states that aided them. In the "Iran-Contra" scandal, Reagan's administration bypassed congressional restrictions on aiding Nicaragua's Contra guerilla fighters, in part by diverting money to them from the sale of missiles to Iran.

Reagan pledged during his 1980 campaign for president to balance the federal budget, but never submitted a balanced budget in his eight years in office. In 1981, the deficit was $79 billion and, in 1986, at the peak of his deficit spending, it stood at $221 billion. The federal debt was $994 billion when he took office in 1981 and grew to $2.9 trillion when his second term ended in 1989.

Yeah, "great" president!

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16552 on: July 11, 2019, 08:22:42 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

96.056 million.

in early 1929.

And totally irrelevant.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16553 on: July 11, 2019, 08:46:21 PM »

According to Trump supporters, Reagan would have been a "snowflake."

Reagan did a lot of great things, and I believe that he really did love people. He was friends with Roy Rogers, and my Brother married Roy's Granddaughter, so I always heard great things about Reagan, we all loved Reagan.

Reagan made the immigrants legal, and he helped to improve the whole world economy. 

I did some work building a secret laboratory for the Star Wars program, and we did a lot of other stuff. I was employed because of the money spent on the Star Wars program. It created good jobs. And we made progress, we have new inventions, a lot of stuff is secret. If you worked in the defense industry, and aerospace, then you loved Reagan.

And if everyone was a Christian, then we would all help each other, we would help the poor, and the weak, and the needy, and we would welcome people to America.

Reagan made everyone legal, you gotta give him credit for that, he even made Tommy Chong legal, Chong is from Canada. 

The real Reagan supporters need to stand up in defense of our immigrants. Reagan loved the immigrants, and Reagan made the immigrants all legal.

Salute,

Tony V.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16554 on: July 11, 2019, 09:01:48 PM »

Work on the Star Wars program resulted in the invention of laser eye surgery.

The researchers made progress, and there are a lot of things that you do not know about, a lot of stuff is secret.

Salute,

Tony V.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16555 on: July 11, 2019, 09:02:49 PM »

Tony.

Yeah, "great" president!
It’s worth noting that Reagan inherited  6.6 per cent unemployment and left with the rate at 5.4.
If he cut “one $billion” from the Department of Education it resulted in a measly 7 per cent  of the Growth  in its budget. His biggest failure was not doing away with unnecessary Department.
As for SDI it effectively ended the Soviet Union.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16556 on: July 11, 2019, 10:09:01 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

96.056 million.

in early 1929.

And totally irrelevant.

Hubris...

Won’t save y’all from the guillotine...

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16557 on: July 11, 2019, 10:32:35 PM »

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/06/28/football/megan-rapinoe-jill-ellis-uswnt-womens-world-cup-spt-intl/index.html

Megan Rapinoe: 'You can't win a championship without gays'

#####

Really?
Wouldn't bet your house on it.

How would you avoid having them, oh discriminatory one?

Going to ask them their orientation before they join the team? Going to snoop around their private lives to check on them?!

I'd love to know.

If I were running the show I would select the best players.
There could come the day that they are not among the best players and don't deserve selection on merit.
What would you like..."gay quotas"?

Can you get any less clueful?!

If they select the best players, some of them are overwhelmingly likely to be gay.

Not because of quotas, but because of the combination of odds plus the change in the odds based on who goes into women's football.

In rugby, the chance of having no lesbians on our women's team are even lower.

Deal with it.

You are missing the larger point. Any championship team (or runner up or bottom feeder) on a team larger than a doubles in tennis will most likely have a few gay players on it. Gayness is a huge part of sports culture.

That was my point.

Did you mean that for Bambi-ignorance?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16558 on: July 11, 2019, 10:35:40 PM »

News Item
Thursday, July 11, 2019

96.056 million.

Because one is needed. Got it.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1102 1103 [1104] 1105 1106 ... 4288