Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583936 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16830 on: July 17, 2019, 11:24:54 AM »

He’s exemplary, Hammy. You are the fool.

The cabal of illiberal Leftists gathers, as one of their own refuses to answer a direct question regarding his opinion, the same tactic they say their opposition routinely employs.

Here’s a direct question:

How was the 1862 Battle of Memphis more important to the USA and the world than the 1944 DDay invasion?
As was previously explained, and in greater detail, slow one.

There's no USA without winning the Battle of Memphis. It secured the West for the Union, allowing for control of the Mississippi down to Vicksburg. From then on, the Union could bring in and supply its army as it worked to win the West, which it did, allowing for General Grant to emerge, and eventually for General Sherman to march to the sea and destroy the CSA.

Absent that naval victory, the South holds on, and there is no United States of America that comes of age internationally under McKinley and with TR developing and expanding the Naval presence in the world (having learned the importance of a navy from examining the Civil War), building the Panama Canal, etc.

Absent those successive events from that battle in 1862, Germany may have won WW1, but for sure, WW2, because there would be no D-Day, without that important victory at Memphis.

But you knew that, because you had family in Memphis, who later built the Panama Canal, before storming the beaches of Normandy, after giving Ike the plan for the invasion, and writing most of Elvis's songs at Sun Records, though completely uncredited.
That is an arbitrary battle in a string of battles, and not the most momentous one. Had the Union lost that single engagement they would have won it a month later.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16831 on: July 17, 2019, 11:28:20 AM »

The cabal of illiberal Leftists gathers, as one of their own refuses to answer a direct question regarding his opinion, the same tactic they say their opposition routinely employs.

Here’s a direct question:

How was the 1862 Battle of Memphis more important to the USA and the world than the 1944 DDay invasion?
As was previously explained, and in greater detail, slow one.

There's no USA without winning the Battle of Memphis. It secured the West for the Union, allowing for control of the Mississippi down to Vicksburg. From then on, the Union could bring in and supply its army as it worked to win the West, which it did, allowing for General Grant to emerge, and eventually for General Sherman to march to the sea and destroy the CSA.

Absent that naval victory, the South holds on, and there is no United States of America that comes of age internationally under McKinley and with TR developing and expanding the Naval presence in the world (having learned the importance of a navy from examining the Civil War), building the Panama Canal, etc.

Absent those successive events from that battle in 1862, Germany may have won WW1, but for sure, WW2, because there would be no D-Day, without that important victory at Memphis.

But you knew that, because you had family in Memphis, who later built the Panama Canal, before storming the beaches of Normandy, after giving Ike the plan for the invasion, and writing most of Elvis's songs at Sun Records, though completely uncredited.

The only reason the Battle of Memphis was fought at all was because the South had no coal to power their cotton clads to run away.

You’re describing a butterfly effect made entirely of bullshit and you know it.

It matters not how the South lost. It matters that the Union won. It's clearly explained.

You gave no counterargument of any means.

If the South bugs out the outcome remains the same. If the Rebels scuttle their ships and retreat with the rest of the Confederate garrison the outcome remains the same.

They stayed and got fucked up. The outcome was the same.

The Union already had control before the fight the only thing different would have been if the Rebels had moved their cotton clad rams to Vicksburg where they would have been destroyed later..

Memphis was inconsequential unless you use your BUTTERFLY EFFECT rationale.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16832 on: July 17, 2019, 11:38:57 AM »

The only reason for anyone to respond to you is to occasionally remind anyone who has forgotten what a fucking racist asshioe you are.

The cabal gathers outrage, repeating its lies.

How to get away with murder...

https://www.gq.com/story/eric-garner-william-barr-civil-rights-division

How to turn a petty criminal into a martyr? Just keep ignoring the facts of the case.

Petty criminal.

Human being. Son, husband and father.

Oh yes. A regular Jean Val Jean.

Puhleeeeeeze, bitch.

Tomorrow[today] it will have been five years since Eric Garner was choked to death by a police officer. He was selling loose cigarettes. It was caught on camera. He wheezed, “I can’t breathe.”

Today it was announced that Officer Daniel Pantaleo will face no federal charges, thus bringing to a close the criminal portion of this case. Officer Pantaleo walks free while Eric Garner will never breathe again.

Five years.

The lasting legacy of this case will be the imprint that it leaves on the minds of Black people in this country. Most of the country and, indeed, most of my friends, have already tucked this case away to the recesses of history. But for those of us born under the direct weight of racism, the effect accumulates.

It took five years to reinforce the notion that Black poverty and the economies that spring up in response to that systemic damage renders our bodies worthless. It took five years for us to be reacquainted with the knowledge that there is no justice for Black bodies in this country. It took five years for a mother to learn that, even with the weight of mass protest and entire new movement lifting up her son’s story, Eric Garner meant nothing to the state.

So while you move on, arguing over Emmy picks, unaware of the impact of an additional five years on the collective Black psyche, I’ll be sitting here wondering what the statute of limitations is on justice for Black people and how that word will never apply to people who look like me.

A cop walks by as I write. I shrink into my seat, quiet myself, and avert my eyes. The room is undisturbed. My discomfort is inconsequential.

Oh.

This is what five years does.

—Bear Bellinger
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 11:41:42 AM by LarryBnDC »
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16833 on: July 17, 2019, 11:39:32 AM »

Takei delivers timely story about what happens when a group of people are defined as the enemy and forced into camps....

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/17/742558996/george-takei-recalls-time-in-an-american-internment-camp-in-they-called-us-enemy

His voice is important...

Lyndon Johnson

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #16834 on: July 17, 2019, 11:42:43 AM »

We are just one week away from the Managing VBA Performance & Results: Q3 webcast, hosted by Dr. Paul Lawrence, Under Secretary for Benefits. Join us at 2 p.m. EDT on July 25 for the webcast!

Dr. Lawrence will provide an update on the performance of Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) as well as his vision for the future. At the beginning of the webcast he will provide a brief update on Blue Water Navy.

He will be joined by Willie Clark, Deputy Under Secretary for Field Operations who will discuss the Independence Day Challenge and Jeffrey London, Executive Director of Loan Guaranty Service who will focus on the Home Loan funding fee refund initiative.

Everyone is invited to join, including all VA staff, Veterans, Service members, family members and members of the general public, so please feel free to share information on the webcast with your friends and family.---

Found this in the e-mail box, unheard of transparency and communications.
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

barton

« Reply #16835 on: July 17, 2019, 11:50:06 AM »

The only reason for anyone to respond to you is to occasionally remind anyone who has forgotten what a fucking racist asshioe you are.

How to turn a petty criminal into a martyr? Just keep ignoring the facts of the case.

Your dismissal of Garner, by reducing his entire being to "pretty criminal" says a lot about you, and very little about Garner.  You're obsessed with outrage from forumites, but where is the outrage for, as the writer put it, "William Barr furthers the administration’s efforts to protect law enforcement officers from accountability." ??  Have you actually followed these developments?  Are you aware that DOJ overruled the attorneys in its own Civil Rights division and their recommendation to charge Panteleo?

As for y'all debating Civil War history, etc. I checked...we have a forum for that:

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Could you take your time traveler based theories over there?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16836 on: July 17, 2019, 11:51:21 AM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inMiUuGYJGs

What is Omar talking about? White supremacist terrorists blowing up mosques and synagogues (That is not why Homeland security was formed princess). Still in denial about 9-11, Al Qaeda, and Isis.

I noticed you never acknowledged all the stuff you love about the VA under Trump you got from Obama.
  From BHO I only got disrespect. Delays and turndowns of appeals. Apparently it was pervasive.  Veterans were dying while waiting for service according to one scandal. It got really bad near the end of his second term At the emergency room I saw a female doctor chasing a vet out yelling that he was only there for the free lunch. After twenty years I had a comp Dr. ask me who put me on. He was terrible to the vets. Cynical haters all over the place. Big improvement from donald. Comp exams were farmed out and handled by a private agency with courteous caring professionals at the other end. Prior to that Clinton was best to the vets, creating auxiliary clinics and bringing in professionals . W soso.

You stupid racist asshole.

uh............

wow.

Fuck off
Racist asshole.

A note that hasnt been looked at here - maybe the black guy among us is in fact the racist.

I give him a pass though.

Look at it more like, "is he being a dick or not?"

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16837 on: July 17, 2019, 11:57:18 AM »

I think the video actually worked against you in this case

If it was murder it would have looked more like it.

Do you mean negligent manslaughter?

barton

« Reply #16838 on: July 17, 2019, 12:01:53 PM »

The classic psychological projection of racists everywhere:  "No, it's [insert name of group currently prone to being pinned down under an institutional jackboot] who are really racist!" 

When someone cries out "I can't breathe!" (eleven times!) it goes beyond "negligence" to keep on choking them.  When did the complacent stupidity of Americans completely swamp their common sense?

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #16839 on: July 17, 2019, 12:06:49 PM »

Your dismissal of Garner, by reducing his entire being to "pretty criminal" says a lot about you, and very little about Garner.  You're obsessed with outrage from forumites, but where is the outrage for, as the writer put it, "William Barr furthers the administration’s efforts to protect law enforcement officers from accountability." ??  Have you actually followed these developments?  Are you aware that DOJ overruled the attorneys in its own Civil Rights division and their recommendation to charge Panteleo?

As for y'all debating Civil War history, etc. I checked...we have a forum for that:

http://forums.escapefromelba.com/index.php?topic=45.0

Could you take your time traveler based theories over there?

I answered a question. Honestly. That's rare for the one who asked it. Your concern about where to post is with him.

Fully aware of DOJ and Barr.

Followed the case all along.

Lawbreaker resists arrest. Died. You can question the police training and work to improve it.

But he didn't die from being choked.

He is no loss to society.

Nothing has changed my opinion about the original incident.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #16840 on: July 17, 2019, 12:12:19 PM »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inMiUuGYJGs

What is Omar talking about? White supremacist terrorists blowing up mosques and synagogues (That is not why Homeland security was formed princess). Still in denial about 9-11, Al Qaeda, and Isis.

I noticed you never acknowledged all the stuff you love about the VA under Trump you got from Obama.
  From BHO I only got disrespect. Delays and turndowns of appeals. Apparently it was pervasive.  Veterans were dying while waiting for service according to one scandal. It got really bad near the end of his second term At the emergency room I saw a female doctor chasing a vet out yelling that he was only there for the free lunch. After twenty years I had a comp Dr. ask me who put me on. He was terrible to the vets. Cynical haters all over the place. Big improvement from donald. Comp exams were farmed out and handled by a private agency with courteous caring professionals at the other end. Prior to that Clinton was best to the vets, creating auxiliary clinics and bringing in professionals . W soso.

You stupid racist asshole.

uh............

wow.

Fuck off
Racist asshole.

A note that hasnt been looked at here - maybe the black guy among us is in fact the racist.

I give him a pass though.

Look at it more like, "is he being a dick or not?"

Well, there is that.

Enjoy his schtick, if you wish, but he's just a full of shit hater.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16841 on: July 17, 2019, 12:17:02 PM »

The classic psychological projection of racists everywhere:  "No, it's [insert name of group currently prone to being pinned down under an institutional jackboot] who are really racist!" 

When someone cries out "I can't breathe!" (eleven times!) it goes beyond "negligence" to keep on choking them.  When did the complacent stupidity of Americans completely swamp their common sense?

I thought it was reported that the officer "went in and out of the maneuver".

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16842 on: July 17, 2019, 12:18:51 PM »

Eric Garner
He is no loss to society.

Larry Bellinger

Enjoy his schtick, if you wish, but he's just a full of shit hater

Well...

If anyone has any remaining doubt...

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16843 on: July 17, 2019, 12:20:06 PM »

It wasnt DOJ vs Civil Right Division

It was Civil Rights Division vs NEW YORK - with DOJ making the final call.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16844 on: July 17, 2019, 12:48:55 PM »

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1121 1122 [1123] 1124 1125 ... 4288