Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1593247 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16845 on: July 17, 2019, 01:24:30 PM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16846 on: July 17, 2019, 01:46:05 PM »

He’s exemplary, Hammy. You are the fool.

The cabal of illiberal Leftists gathers, as one of their own refuses to answer a direct question regarding his opinion, the same tactic they say their opposition routinely employs.
The only reason for anyone to respond to you is to occasionally remind anyone who has forgotten what a fucking racist asshioe you are.

The cabal gathers outrage, repeating its lies.

How to get away with murder...

https://www.gq.com/story/eric-garner-william-barr-civil-rights-division

I think the video actually worked against you in this case

If it was murder it would have looked more like it.

Do you mean negligent manslaughter?
Technicality manslaughter is usually classified as a species of murder. The difference is in level of of knowledge and intent.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16848 on: July 17, 2019, 02:07:26 PM »

He’s exemplary, Hammy. You are the fool.

The cabal of illiberal Leftists gathers, as one of their own refuses to answer a direct question regarding his opinion, the same tactic they say their opposition routinely employs.
The only reason for anyone to respond to you is to occasionally remind anyone who has forgotten what a fucking racist asshioe you are.

The cabal gathers outrage, repeating its lies.

If the cabal is the list of people who recognize you as a fool, it’s got more subscribers than google, amazon and Netflix combined. Billions strong and growing.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2019, 02:35:46 PM by facilitatorn »
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16851 on: July 17, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/453519-rand-paul-blocks-senate-vote-on-9-11-victim-compensation-fund?fbclid=IwAR0kf3k5HPuLqLFNEZZwg1_UPq3etur0FQon_xH-QZiYsgyEZtZzueYSbPc#_=_

Speaking of dicks.

Rand Paul today:

But Paul objected, pointing to the country's growing debt and arguing that any new spending should be offset by cuts to other spending.

Rand Paul 12/02/2017 on tax cuts...

“While I still would have preferred larger cuts, this bill provides a foundation on which to continue building.“

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-rand-paul-applauds-senate-passage-tax-cuts-calls-further-action

Lyndon Johnson

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16852 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16853 on: July 17, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

Nah, he’s sipping merlot and vaping his product...

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16854 on: July 17, 2019, 03:25:59 PM »

GOPers just don’t care.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/republicans-admit-everything-they-said-about-obama-was-a-lie.html

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16856 on: July 17, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

Happy Birthday, Disneyland! Iconic park opened 64 years ago on July 17, 1955

https://abc7.com/entertainment/happy-birthday-disneyland/1429121/

"To all who come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

---------

Happy Birthday to Disneyland!

Today tourism creates over 160,000 jobs in Orange County, thanks to Disneyland, and the new minimum wage at Disneyland is $15.00 per hour.

Now it is time to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas. Our tourists would love it.

Salute,

Tony V.

barton

« Reply #16857 on: July 17, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »

The classic psychological projection of racists everywhere:  "No, it's [insert name of group currently prone to being pinned down under an institutional jackboot] who are really racist!" 

When someone cries out "I can't breathe!" (eleven times!) it goes beyond "negligence" to keep on choking them.  When did the complacent stupidity of Americans completely swamp their common sense?

I thought it was reported that the officer "went in and out of the maneuver".

Farewell, common sense!

When a man is held in an illegal chokehold, pushed to the ground, and the choking is then continued after he's subdued and said he can't breathe many times, that it homicide. 

This, from The Verge article, seems to address your curious unwillingness to confront the facts of the matter, captured on video, and supported by a medical examiner's findings:

Humans are inherently, psychologically motivated to reduce the discomfort of cognitive dissonance, and fewer things will create more painful cognitive dissonance than watching those sworn to protect shoot and kill a civilian who posed no threat to them. Our minds protect us, often without our realizing it, by latching on to narratives that can reconcile such tragic opposing facts. It is easier to see the victims as one-dimensional criminals, threatening the fearful police, and therefore deserving of whatever comes their way.   

barton

« Reply #16858 on: July 17, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »

I answered a question. Honestly. That's rare for the one who asked it. Your concern about where to post is with him.

Fully aware of DOJ and Barr.

Followed the case all along.

Lawbreaker resists arrest. Died. You can question the police training and work to improve it.

But he didn't die from being choked.

He is no loss to society.

Nothing has changed my opinion about the original incident.

Your racism is so profound, you can't see it at all, you can't sense its existence at all, can you?  "He is no loss to society."  This remark, its callous disregard for the value of human life aside, begs the obvious question:  What would his life have been?  the one he wasn't allowed to live?   You don't have that information.  When did it become the right of people like you, or the police, to make rulings on the value of a man's life?   

How well do you, Hamilton, think you would fare if it were up to your fellow forumites to rule on your life's value?   Or your right to keep breathing until facts can be determined?   I suspect you would at least hope to keep breathing until you had your day in "court." 

There will be only a mockery of justice in this country until "I feared for my life [from the mortal danger of an unarmed man with a) hands in the air, or b) running in terror away from me, or c) lying on the ground hoping not to die]" is recognized as a self-serving lie from a cowardly killer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16859 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/mike-kelly-trump-tweets-person-of-color/index.html

White GOP congressman says he isn't offended by racist Trump tweets because 'I'm a person of color'

"You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended," Rep. Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania told Vice News.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham
Pages: 1 ... 1122 1123 [1124] 1125 1126 ... 4288