Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Have you  ever been accused by a woman of having sex with her without her permission?

Yes
- 1 (9.1%)
No
- 9 (81.8%)
I'm not sure.
- 1 (9.1%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: August 18, 2019, 10:39:33 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1270

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 148704 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #16815 on: July 17, 2019, 02:58:22 PM »

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/453519-rand-paul-blocks-senate-vote-on-9-11-victim-compensation-fund?fbclid=IwAR0kf3k5HPuLqLFNEZZwg1_UPq3etur0FQon_xH-QZiYsgyEZtZzueYSbPc#_=_

Speaking of dicks.

Rand Paul today:

But Paul objected, pointing to the country's growing debt and arguing that any new spending should be offset by cuts to other spending.

Rand Paul 12/02/2017 on tax cuts...

“While I still would have preferred larger cuts, this bill provides a foundation on which to continue building.“

https://www.paul.senate.gov/news/dr-rand-paul-applauds-senate-passage-tax-cuts-calls-further-action
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #16816 on: July 17, 2019, 02:59:34 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16817 on: July 17, 2019, 03:24:12 PM »

I suspect that John Boehner is chuckling today at the disarray in the US House as Nancy Pelosi struggles to keep her fragmented majority from destroying each other.

Nah, he’s sipping merlot and vaping his product...
“To be led by a fool is to be lead by the opportunists who control the fool." - Octavia Butler

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #16818 on: July 17, 2019, 03:25:59 PM »

GOPers just don’t care.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/republicans-admit-everything-they-said-about-obama-was-a-lie.html

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Blood is streaming and he’s playing golf.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #16820 on: July 17, 2019, 03:59:42 PM »

Happy Birthday, Disneyland! Iconic park opened 64 years ago on July 17, 1955

https://abc7.com/entertainment/happy-birthday-disneyland/1429121/

"To all who come to this happy place: welcome. Disneyland is your land. Here age relives fond memories of the past, and here youth may savor the challenge and promise of the future. Disneyland is dedicated to the ideals, the dreams, and the hard facts that have created America, with the hope that it will be a source of joy and inspiration to all the world."

---------

Happy Birthday to Disneyland!

Today tourism creates over 160,000 jobs in Orange County, thanks to Disneyland, and the new minimum wage at Disneyland is $15.00 per hour.

Now it is time to build a high speed train between Anaheim and Las Vegas. Our tourists would love it.

Salute,

Tony V.

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #16821 on: July 17, 2019, 04:19:49 PM »

The classic psychological projection of racists everywhere:  "No, it's [insert name of group currently prone to being pinned down under an institutional jackboot] who are really racist!" 

When someone cries out "I can't breathe!" (eleven times!) it goes beyond "negligence" to keep on choking them.  When did the complacent stupidity of Americans completely swamp their common sense?

I thought it was reported that the officer "went in and out of the maneuver".

Farewell, common sense!

When a man is held in an illegal chokehold, pushed to the ground, and the choking is then continued after he's subdued and said he can't breathe many times, that it homicide. 

This, from The Verge article, seems to address your curious unwillingness to confront the facts of the matter, captured on video, and supported by a medical examiner's findings:

Humans are inherently, psychologically motivated to reduce the discomfort of cognitive dissonance, and fewer things will create more painful cognitive dissonance than watching those sworn to protect shoot and kill a civilian who posed no threat to them. Our minds protect us, often without our realizing it, by latching on to narratives that can reconcile such tragic opposing facts. It is easier to see the victims as one-dimensional criminals, threatening the fearful police, and therefore deserving of whatever comes their way.   

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

Barton

• View Profile
« Reply #16822 on: July 17, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »

I answered a question. Honestly. That's rare for the one who asked it. Your concern about where to post is with him.

Fully aware of DOJ and Barr.

Followed the case all along.

Lawbreaker resists arrest. Died. You can question the police training and work to improve it.

But he didn't die from being choked.

He is no loss to society.

Nothing has changed my opinion about the original incident.

Your racism is so profound, you can't see it at all, you can't sense its existence at all, can you?  "He is no loss to society."  This remark, its callous disregard for the value of human life aside, begs the obvious question:  What would his life have been?  the one he wasn't allowed to live?   You don't have that information.  When did it become the right of people like you, or the police, to make rulings on the value of a man's life?   

How well do you, Hamilton, think you would fare if it were up to your fellow forumites to rule on your life's value?   Or your right to keep breathing until facts can be determined?   I suspect you would at least hope to keep breathing until you had your day in "court." 

There will be only a mockery of justice in this country until "I feared for my life [from the mortal danger of an unarmed man with a) hands in the air, or b) running in terror away from me, or c) lying on the ground hoping not to die]" is recognized as a self-serving lie from a cowardly killer.

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #16823 on: July 17, 2019, 04:44:19 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/mike-kelly-trump-tweets-person-of-color/index.html

White GOP congressman says he isn't offended by racist Trump tweets because 'I'm a person of color'

"You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended," Rep. Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania told Vice News.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #16824 on: July 17, 2019, 05:04:13 PM »

Rep. Mike Kelly of Australia.
Freight train, each car looks the same.....

Hairy Lime

• Used to be whiskeypriest.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16825 on: July 17, 2019, 07:33:58 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/17/politics/mike-kelly-trump-tweets-person-of-color/index.html

White GOP congressman says he isn't offended by racist Trump tweets because 'I'm a person of color'

"You know, they talk about people of color. I'm a person of color. I'm white. I'm an Anglo Saxon. People say things all the time, but I don't get offended," Rep. Mike Kelly of Pennsylvania told Vice News.
As a wise man once noted, you know they hate you when they don't even let you have your slogans. Or in this case, identity.

But then, Conservative whites have been playing identity politics and throwing down the race card for centuries. We just dont realize it for what it is because white is the default "normal" in society.
You and I aren't heroes. This world doesn't make any heroes, outside of your stories

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #16827 on: July 17, 2019, 07:42:43 PM »

I'm a person of color. I'm white.   

This is something you might expect from a ten year old kid in some rural cracker enclave.   Beyond stupid.   

Garner case is a travesty from start to finish.   There will be no peace in this country without justice.   And Barr is the enemy of justice, a corrupt festering shit-stained pustule on the anus of government.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #16828 on: July 17, 2019, 07:53:48 PM »

GOPers just don’t care.

http://nymag.com/intelligencer/2019/02/republicans-admit-everything-they-said-about-obama-was-a-lie.html

Thanks for the link.
Rest in peace, Toni Morrison

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #16829 on: July 17, 2019, 08:17:51 PM »

Congress has found Barr and Ross to be flat out crooks. Choke them as long and as hard as you want when making your citizen’s arrest. Our laws seem say it perfectly ok with such dangerous thugs who will likely try to resist.
Blood is streaming and he’s playing golf.
Pages: 1 ... 1120 1121 [1122] 1123 1124 ... 1270