Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1873638 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17430 on: July 27, 2019, 09:29:24 AM »

Well, here we are...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/04/22/report-shifts-focus-to-wary-democrats-now-weighing-trump-impeachment-prospects/

2020 is the only way to remove Trump from office [/i]
Adam Schiff- erstwhile impeachment guru of the democrat party following the Mueller debacle before  Congress hearings.

Did you happen to notice the date of publication?
Yes.  Glad you asked. Maybe you are finally paying attention.

What does that even mean?
That Red posted an outdated article without realizing it and is trying to cover up with an obtuse comment. In the immortal words of David Byrne, same as it ever was.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17431 on: July 27, 2019, 09:34:33 AM »

Well, here we are...

https://exjournalistsunite.wordpress.com/2019/04/22/report-shifts-focus-to-wary-democrats-now-weighing-trump-impeachment-prospects/

2020 is the only way to remove Trump from office [/i]
Adam Schiff- erstwhile impeachment guru of the democrat party following the Mueller debacle before  Congress hearings.

Did you happen to notice the date of publication?
Yes.  Glad you asked. Maybe you are finally paying attention.

What does that even mean?
That Red posted an outdated article without realizing it and is trying to cover up with an obtuse comment. In the immortal words of David Byrne, same as it ever was.

I posted that outdated article. I wrote it.

It pretty much tells us where are at this moment in terms of impeachment.

I have no idea what Red is talking about.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17432 on: July 27, 2019, 10:36:43 AM »

I stand corected.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17433 on: July 27, 2019, 11:03:55 AM »

I stand corected.

Don’t worry about the correction, please read the article!
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17434 on: July 27, 2019, 11:43:21 AM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

About that amazing economy...
https://www.wsj.com/articles/economic-growth-didnt-hit-3-mark-last-year-revised-data-show-11564144200?fbclid=IwAR1WroLPmjHspax4ZP-Dh7VqWT5NzkERx3qe1dYt6AxtODwbO56yciP2kAA

Or if you don't like the Wall Street Journal, which I don't:
http://www.aei.org/publication/who-stole-our-3-economy/?fbclid=IwAR07Hb7bT0UijZHNc3TXCYZFqUnAy859ZeZ5UZ8ft8YBhFfP685vwI36EiQ

Given Wall Street whispers of a very European 1-handle for second-quarter GDP growth, the Trump White House might well have been pleased with the (preliminary) 2.1% number. Although the economy slowed from Q1’s 3.1% pace, it was “a better-than-anticipated outcome,” according to JPMorgan. Thanks, American consumer! And thanks American taxpayer, too, since solid government spending also helped.

But no thanks to American business, whose capital spending contracted by 0.6%. Another sign, perhaps, that the Trump trade war is offsetting the Trump tax cuts. (At least that’s JPMorgan’s theory.) While it’s good that the record-long economic expansion continues to roll in year ten, one led by consumer/government spending rather than business investment is not the boom you’re looking for.

A lack of corporate investment dragged down the previous estimates, along with fewer exports.

Wait, didn't the president promise us expanded corporate investment from reduced corporate tax rates?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17435 on: July 27, 2019, 12:36:33 PM »

A new distraction!

https://apple.news/AFs_YfNAkTLKxUWVxIVU5TA?fbclid=IwAR3l8qIXKz-bFOgo_xyaXjMa5MYAAf4fOLEiRBi0CXqGonr8D6kAF1LSCkE

What about Obama's book deal? That's what Trump thinks should be investigated next.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17436 on: July 27, 2019, 12:54:37 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Trump's trade positions were always problematic and why many republicans took a pass on voting in 2016(Hillary's ideas were  just as bad).
The drag( such that it is) on GDP numbers are rooted in Trumps tariffs and and trade positions.
But you overlook the strong consumer spending numbers (4.3%) and a consistent rise in wages amid low inflation and a strong labor market.
You, and the democrats, are left seemingly longing for a recession as the Russian hoax continues to be an albatross around your necks.
At this point nearly all the democrats favor huge tax increase to pay for cradle to grave social programs  while doubling down on open borders and taxpayer health plans for illegal immigrants, No wonder you oppose asking who is a citizen on the census.
You don't want to know the answer.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17437 on: July 27, 2019, 01:08:35 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Trump's trade positions were always problematic and why many republicans took a pass on voting in 2016(Hillary's ideas were  just as bad).
The drag( such that it is) on GDP numbers are rooted in Trumps tariffs and and trade positions.
But you overlook the strong consumer spending numbers (4.3%) and a consistent rise in wages amid low inflation and a strong labor market.
You, and the democrats, are left seemingly longing for a recession as the Russian hoax continues to be an albatross around your necks.
At this point nearly all the democrats favor huge tax increase to pay for cradle to grave social programs  while doubling down on open borders and taxpayer health plans for illegal immigrants, No wonder you oppose asking who is a citizen on the census.

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

But what else is new.

(a) I prayed that Trump was right and I was wrong about the economy.

(b) No, I don't ignore a thing. Like it said - you don't want government and consumer spending to be the primary driving forces. Or did you miss that part? Important, yes. Central? Not so much.

(c) You ignore (1) the comment that it is the lack of business investing that is a major factor, when you listed the drags, and (2) the "consistent rise in wages" is not Trump's fault.

(d) Your reasoning on my wanting the citizenship question off the census is bogus. I want a complete census of who lives here. The proof that that question will preclude a complete count is solid.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17438 on: July 27, 2019, 01:39:53 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

But what else is new.

Your prayer was answered.
(b) No, I don't ignore a thing. Like it said - you don't want government and consumer spending to be the primary driving forces. Or did you miss that part? Important, yes. Central? Not so much.
Whatever that means.

(c) You ignore (1) the comment that it is the lack of business investing that is a major factor, when you listed the drags, and (2) the "consistent rise in wages" is not Trump's fault.
Huh? The lack of business investing is the result(as of now) the lack of confidence in Trump’s trade and tariff actions. How the “ consistent rise in wages” a ‘fault’. ?
(d) Your reasoning on my wanting the citizenship question off the census is bogus. I want a complete census of who lives here. The proof that that question will preclude a complete count is solid.
LOL

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17439 on: July 27, 2019, 02:45:27 PM »

The same applies to Ward

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17440 on: July 27, 2019, 02:47:44 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

But what else is new.

Whatever that means.

Huh? The lack of business investing is the result(as of now) the lack of confidence in Trump’s trade and tariff actions. How the “ consistent rise in wages” a ‘fault’. ?
LOL

(a) Bullshit. See the posts about the economy
(b) You have no comprehension of what you read.
(c) You cannot even manage to understand simple sentences.
(d) You have no rebuttal, so you LOL.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17441 on: July 27, 2019, 03:40:04 PM »

Hey, Ward and Kid -

Wrong, wrong, and wrong.

But what else is new.

Whatever that means.

LOL

(a) Bullshit. See the posts about the economy
There are no bad numbers to report.
(b) You have no comprehension of what you read.
Only stuff I read from you is incomprehensible.
(c) You cannot even manage to understand simple sentences.
That should have been written You  can’t understand simple sentences.
(d) You have no rebuttal, so you LOL.
ROFL
« Last Edit: July 27, 2019, 03:41:59 PM by REDSTATEWARD »

barton

« Reply #17442 on: July 27, 2019, 03:43:04 PM »

WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Saturday denigrated a majority-black district represented by a congressional nemesis as a “disgusting, rat and rodent infested mess,” broadening a campaign against prominent critics of his administration that has exacerbated racial tensions.

Trump lashed out in tweets against Rep. Elijah Cummings, the powerful House Oversight Committee chairman, claiming his Baltimore-area district is “considered the worst run and most dangerous anywhere in the United States.” It was the president’s latest assault on a prominent lawmaker, and the people he represents, two weeks after he sparked nationwide controversy with racist tweets directed at four congresswomen of color....

https://apnews.com/3d49bd171f9b4245b3d24e62a77ad35f

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17443 on: July 27, 2019, 04:13:04 PM »

---ABCNews #BorderWall #SupremeCourt
Supreme Court lifts funds freeze for border wall---

Nancee is in a dither

Nancy Pelosi

Verified account

@SpeakerPelosi
Follow Follow @SpeakerPelosi
More
This evening’s Supreme Court ruling allowing @realDonaldTrump to steal military funds to spend on a wasteful, ineffective border wall rejected by Congress is deeply flawed. Our Founders designed a democracy governed by the people — not a monarchy.

4:44 PM - 26 Jul 2019

Puts Americans in the building trades back to work and helps protect the southern border. When did the dems become so anti-union?

Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17444 on: July 27, 2019, 04:50:36 PM »

Gets a Russian oligarch a nice steel contract over American suppliers.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1161 1162 [1163] 1164 1165 ... 4288