Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1868008 times)

oilcan

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17610 on: July 31, 2019, 09:46:15 AM »

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/746777305/new-california-law-requires-presidential-candidates-to-release-tax-returns

Newsom actually signed it.  Well, this should be fun to watch, see how far it gets.

The GOP should love it:  it's the sort of sneaky tactic to suppress votes that they do all the time.   A taste of their own medicine?   Trump would be losing 172 delegates at the convention.   

oilcan

« Reply #17611 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:59 AM »

Need clarification on the Pete is unelectable theory.   America seems to be attracted to Beltway outsiders these days.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17612 on: July 31, 2019, 09:57:16 AM »

Need clarification on the Pete is unelectable theory.   America seems to be attracted to Beltway outsiders these days.
kid does not think America will vote for one of them.
When your real enemies prove too strong, choose weaker enemies.

- William of Baskerville

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17613 on: July 31, 2019, 10:28:34 AM »

the 64 dollar question;

Would President Pelosi ilk tell NK it would be turned into ash if it fired missiles at USA or any of its allies?  [US allies should all get nukes to save America  the trouble].

The question is will NoKo launch a missile carrying a nuke knowing full well it would mean total annihilation?

Kind of goes without saying, ya know?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17614 on: July 31, 2019, 10:31:22 AM »

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17616 on: July 31, 2019, 02:25:53 PM »

A federal judge in New York on Tuesday dismissed a lawsuit from the Democratic National Committee (DNC) alleging that the Trump campaign, WikiLeaks and the Russian government had conspired to interfere in the 2016 election.

https://thehill.com/regulation/court-battles/455404-judge-dismisses-dnc-lawsuit-against-trump-campaign-russia-over

The witch hunt is over? HRC must be beside herself.

Given that she was not a party to the suit, I doubt it is more than of passing interest.

Nor was it the exoneration that Trump has declared it to be or a witch hunt:
The Trump campaign had also asked Koeltl to sanction the DNC for continuing to pursue the lawsuit after the release of Mueller's report earlier this year. The now-defunct special counsel's office had found that there was no sufficient evidence to charge Trump campaign officials with conspiracy in assisting the Russians in the election interference.

But the judge declined to do so, writing that the allegations in the lawsuit were not "so objectively unreasonable as to warrant the imposition of sanctions."

"Nor was it so objectively unreasonable for the DNC to pursue its lawsuit after the Mueller Report was issued that sanctions should be imposed," Koeltl wrote.

I think it was a dumb suit. I thought so in April of 2018. The judge could as easily have dismissed it as having no actionable remedy - the election could not be undone and no amount of damages would have changed anything nor could they be demonstrated financially.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17617 on: July 31, 2019, 02:27:27 PM »

I think trump can get 30 more defections and retirements from the GOP caucuses before the primaries are set. The diseased defective bastard just needs to keep chugging along.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17619 on: July 31, 2019, 02:41:35 PM »

President Trump, who the majority of Americans know to be racist, will have mixed feelings from the Fed's decision to lower the interest rates, but by less than he had hoped they would.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/31/business/fed-rate-cut-july-meeting/index.html

Why did they lower them?

To try to stave off an economic downturn.

This economy that Ward keeps telling us is booming is at risk of going (further) in the wrong direction. Growth has been slower than predicted (by the president and his economic cheerleaders) and has been slowing down, with more reduction expected. This is an effort to prop up the growth.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17620 on: July 31, 2019, 04:08:25 PM »

http://s.al.com/WRXzAtO?fbclid=IwAR00FIgHg0zoA_rXyC8NHWQtNSmQnXxrykO_Ft7yZQpE-Lqe1XzYeyDDhNA

"I've never seen anything like it"
~George Wallace's daughter on the topic of the racism of candidate and then President Trump

“Unfortunately it does look like the ‘60s now,” Wallace Kennedy said. “Each of us individually need to act with compassion and pray for our democracy. I hope we don’t go back. But it looks like where we are slipping … that seems to be where the top is taking us.”

Wallace Kennedy never said Donald Trump’s name out loud, but she likened his politics to that of her father’s tactics, only worse.

“I’ve never seen anything like it,” she said. “I saw daddy a lot in 2016.”

Emphasis to make it clear to Kid who she is talking about, since otherwise he'd use her failure to say Trump's name as reason to suggest she did not mean the president.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17621 on: July 31, 2019, 04:32:03 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17622 on: July 31, 2019, 04:42:07 PM »

Meltwater canyon in Greenland.

See the two tiny figures toward the top left?

Those are people.

luee

• View Profile
« Reply #17623 on: July 31, 2019, 04:56:47 PM »

Adam Schiff <[email protected]>
To:
[email protected]

Jul 31 at 1:09 PM

xxx --

I’m reaching out to you because we are at a critical moment with the most dangerous, undemocratic and corrupt president in modern American history.

As the Democratic House continues to investigate Trump and and hold him accountable, his behavior continues to get worse. And it’s no coincidence. He’s desperate to distract.

That’s why this week he’s been ranting about the respected African American Chairman of the Oversight Committee in the most divisive fashion. That’s why he’s been attacking the entire population of one of America’s great cities.

It’s despicable, but it’s not surprising.

The Democratic Majority is going to keep up the pressure, and you can bet that Trump’s behavior and actions will only get worse. That’s why I’m writing.

Now more than ever, I need you to show your support with a contribution of $1 to fortify our Democratic Majority.

My colleagues and I know there has never been a more important time to fight for the truth -- the integrity of our democracy depends on it.

I am profoundly motivated to make sure our Majority is not only protected, but expanded. It’s the only way to fight back against Trump’s lies. It's the only way we're going to make progress on voting rights, on health care, climate change, and so much more.

Will you stand with me and pitch in $1 to ensure our Democrats hit their critical End of Month goal before the deadline hits in 12 hours?

I’m depending on your $1. That’s why I’m personally triple-matching every gift until midnight---

Dear Adam your pitch is definitely an improvement. No mention of children in cages or open borders or Russian conspiracy theories, were you getting negative responses?
Stuck in Nueva Tegucigalpa with a shotgun by my side.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17624 on: July 31, 2019, 05:04:49 PM »

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/30/746777305/new-california-law-requires-presidential-candidates-to-release-tax-returns

Newsom actually signed it.  Well, this should be fun to watch, see how far it gets.

The GOP should love it:  it's the sort of sneaky tactic to suppress votes that they do all the time.   A taste of their own medicine?   Trump would be losing 172 delegates at the convention.

From the piece

......will almost certainly face a challenge in federal court

Don’t get yer hopes up.

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -
Pages: 1 ... 1173 1174 [1175] 1176 1177 ... 4288