Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1870346 times)

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #17640 on: August 01, 2019, 01:14:12 AM »

Salute to the late Hal Prince, the king of Broadway theater productions.
From the Pajama Game, West Side Story, Phantom of the Opera, and even Sweeney Todd,no one has done it better. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17641 on: August 01, 2019, 04:00:31 AM »

RIP

Now I’m stuck with the picture of Red down in his bunker, dodging the IRS cause he won’t pay his taxes, listening to show tunes...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #17642 on: August 01, 2019, 09:55:24 AM »

I was in Bordeaux, last week. 114'F, and high humidity. They say it is too soon to tell how this will impact the vineyards. It was raining, when I left, Saturday.

In other news, last night's biggest winner, IMO...
https://youtu.be/WMT5-C3igZ4

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #17643 on: August 01, 2019, 11:52:29 AM »

SNOPES PRE-APPROVED ALL DEM  DEBATE COMMENTS AS TRUE!
Snopes clarified that in the event a candidate did say anything that sounds untrue/conservative,  it will automatically conclude that the individual had pure intentions and meant something completely different. As a very last resort, it may change a particular rating to “mixed,” assuming some context was missing.

Babylon Bee

« Last Edit: August 01, 2019, 11:56:36 AM by REDSTATEWARD »

oilcan

« Reply #17644 on: August 01, 2019, 11:57:43 AM »

Need clarification on the Pete is unelectable theory.   America seems to be attracted to Beltway outsiders these days.
kid does not think America will vote for one of them.

Bad combination of youth inexperience and small stature

Your lack of height is not usually one of our topics.

James Madison, sometimes dubbed "The Father of the Constitution," two-term President, and co-wrote the Federalist Papers:

5ft. 4 in.

oilcan

« Reply #17645 on: August 01, 2019, 11:58:46 AM »

the 64 dollar question;

Would President Pelosi ilk tell NK it would be turned into ash if it fired missiles at USA or any of its allies?  [US allies should all get nukes to save America  the trouble].

The question is will NoKo launch a missile carrying a nuke knowing full well it would mean total annihilation?

Kind of goes without saying, ya know?

It might, if it thinks leader of the West too weak to do anything about it.
Another reason to dump Trump.

And say, "Nein, danke," to Ivanka.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17646 on: August 01, 2019, 12:04:11 PM »

SNOPES PRE-APPROVED ALL DEM  DEBATE COMMENTS AS TRUE!
Snopes clarified that in the event a candidate did say anything that sounds untrue/conservative,  it will automatically conclude that the individual had pure intentions and meant something completely different. As a very last resort, it may change a particular rating to “mixed,” assuming some context was missing.

Babylon Bee

Context, context, context.

“It’s asking a lot of the audience to sift through for an error,” he said. “Snopes was a little overly snarky with their review before they changed it, but the Bee isn’t doing a very good job of accepting their responsibility as a satire site.”

https://religionnews.com/2019/07/31/babylon-bee-snopes-feud-over-fact-checking-satire/

I’m just posting this so I can get a “Say what?”
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

oilcan

« Reply #17647 on: August 01, 2019, 12:07:54 PM »

How to describe Gabbard?  A member of my family and I have to agree that, if she is elected, the acronym MILF will have to move over and make room for:  POTUSILF

That said, I thought her attack on Harris about enforcing MJ laws, as they were on the books at that time in CA, was a misfire.  She was the Atty Gen, what was she supposed to do?  And she's clearly evolved on the issue, as has just about every politician on that stage or any stage anywhere.

If we're going to attack anyone who was a former AG on the basis of every conviction in their jurisdiction during their term of office, then I'm thinking no former AG should ever run, because who the hell has 100% perfect convictions based on perfect laws??

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #17648 on: August 01, 2019, 12:16:55 PM »

Putting your misogyny, aside, oilcan, what Gabbard did was expose Harris as the chameleon she is, and she embarrassed her.

Gabbard also raised her own profile. She'll make a great Veep for the real nominee.

Meanwhile...this part of the debate is getting some highlight, today, as it should: https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/yang-immigrants-debate-america-122345151.html

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17649 on: August 01, 2019, 12:17:32 PM »

Heh

Gabbard torpedo on Harris hit hard

Those eventually in the mix owe her thanks
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #17650 on: August 01, 2019, 12:22:07 PM »

I was thinking vp for Gabbard as well

But moreso Gillibrand
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

barton

« Reply #17651 on: August 01, 2019, 12:36:31 PM »

What went largely unnoticed is that one candidate didn't spend any time putting anyone else in a pillory and just made constructive suggestions about saving the planet and "get the white nationalist out of the WH."  He has no shot, but I appreciated Gov. Jay Inslee for his tone. 

I like Tulsi, but I didn't like her joining the dogpile on Harris.  It was all baboon troop stuff.  The debates needed a lot more of candidates detailing their own vision for the country and giving people a sense of a coherent party platform that all are agreed on.  Booker seemed to want that at the start, but then later his attack on Biden suggested otherwise. 

Regarding Oilcan's acronym, erm, I think that was sort of a joke.  If he had said, "She's pretty, so she has to be dumb," THAT would be misogyny.  But simply saying someone is a hottie is an assertion that, AFAICT, remains welcome to the ears of anyone on the cusp of middle age. 

barton

« Reply #17652 on: August 01, 2019, 12:43:23 PM »

Harris as chameleon?  Seems to me that, if you went from being a state AG to a US Senator, and you didn't change some of your priorities and views, there would have to be something seriously wrong with your brain. 

One reason so many people don't like Trump, and get on his case, is that he has NOT evolved on so many issues during the course of his life, and seems entrenched in the 1950s and white nationalism.  So here we get candidates who do evolve and rethink and then people complain that they're "chameleons." 

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17653 on: August 01, 2019, 12:58:17 PM »

Tulsi Gabbard is this year’s Jill Stein. The preferred candidate for Sputnik and RT.
I see folks talking up her attack on Harris using the current state of alt-right talking points, anyone notice Gabbard didn’t get slammed for visiting Assad and supporting Russian interests in Syria?

No?

Because she is ultimately irrelevant. No need to punch down at her.
That was her big moment.
I hope she enjoyed it.

I’m surprised she didn’t bring up the other big right wing attack point on Harris which is her relationship with Willie Brown.

Trump and GOP terrified of Warren and Harris. Fight me!

Just kidding. I can’t type fast enough to get in a back and forth.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #17654 on: August 01, 2019, 12:59:55 PM »

"Dipping into the koolaid and you don't know the flavor..."

I knew Booker would kick some ass and show his ease at thinking on his feet.  Good job of calling Biden on his tired obfuscations.  And Biden generally seems on the defensive, continually pointing to his Obama seal of approval.   Again, I'm impressed by the mayors.  Castro and Booker.    Have to leave, but it's clearer where the dynamism lies.

Gotta say that Diss about Koolaid was a new one on me!

Lyndon Johnson
Pages: 1 ... 1175 1176 [1177] 1178 1179 ... 4288