Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1584352 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18000 on: August 07, 2019, 11:26:01 AM »

You make a good case for why federal law is needed, rather than piecemeal state-by-state.  Thanks.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18003 on: August 07, 2019, 02:15:36 PM »

On the issue of locking people in Mental Hospitals against their will...

In California they can already lock you up for mental illness, against your will, they can lock you up and they can forcefully medicate you. And they take away your right to own guns, you can no longer own guns after you have been locked in a mental hospital.

I guess they say that if you are a danger to yourself or others that they can lock you up involuntarily. And some people say that the homeless people are in grave danger, and that we should be able to involuntarily lock up homeless people. It is crazy.

It seems to me that locking people up who have not committed a crime goes against our Constitution, and it can be abused.

In Russia I heard that if you went against the government that you could disappear into a mental hospital.

Then there is the movie "Changeling" with Angelina Jolie, it was directed by Clint Eastwood, in the movie her son disappears and they give her another boy, but it is not her son, so they lock her in a mental hospital until she accepts the boy as being her son, I will not spoil the movie for you by telling you more. But, it shows how mental hospitals can be abused.

Then there is "A Streetcar Named Desire." Stanley Kowalkski raped Blanche, and then instead of going to prison for rape, Blanche went to the mental hospital as being crazy.

Also, there is the song "Institutionalized" by my friend Jon's old band Suicidal Tendencies. The kid gets locked in a mental hospital by his parents against his will.

I have mixed feelings when it comes to locking someone up against their will and taking their Constitutional rights away. And when do they get their rights back? I think this issue needs to go to the Supreme Court. The ACLU also needs to look into this issue.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 02:17:26 PM by FlyingVProd »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18004 on: August 07, 2019, 02:48:27 PM »

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18005 on: August 07, 2019, 04:07:29 PM »

Donald Duke rides again.

He still can’t find the line.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #18006 on: August 07, 2019, 04:43:54 PM »

My tv news last night.
"Shooter walked into Walmart, walked past White, and Black, shoppers and targeted Hispanic shoppers".

Wonder why.

One question people could be entitled to ask is;

"Does this type of thing have something to do with such actions?"

https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/education/texas-students-refusal-to-say-mexican-pledge-anthem-starts-controversy/287-410534761

RIO GRANDE VALLEY, Texas - Every day students in Texas public schools pledge allegiance to the flags of the United States and Texas.

But when a teacher in a Rio Grande Valley high school assigned students to stand and pledge allegiance to the Mexican flag and sing Mexico's national anthem, one student refused.

But in mid-September she got an unexpected lesson on personal conviction and taking on the system.
I feel that I did what's right, Brinsdon said. And I know what I did what's right [...] I'm going to stand my ground.

Brinsdon said she stood her ground by staying seated when first-year Spanish 3 teacher Reyna Santos assigned her class to stand and recite Mexico's pledge of allegiance.

Students stood with right arms straight out and palms down, which is how the school district says Mexicans say their pledge.

Calling the lesson un-American, Brinsdon recorded the class, which occurred the week of Mexico's Independence Day and also the 10th anniversary of 9/11.

The teacher also told students to memorize and recite the pledge individually.
And when the time came for the part of the assignment to sing Mexico's national anthem, Brinsdon again refused.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 04:47:12 PM by bambu. »
Go woke, go broke.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18007 on: August 07, 2019, 04:55:14 PM »

Look at the energy racists expend floundering around trying to come up with excuses for the most violent and extreme racists.

I can’t decide who is sinking to a lower level, Bambi or Tucker Carlson.

If Bambi had done anything with his career except sit in his cage and play with his turds, he might have a more interesting and worthwhile point of view.

Richard P. Feynman

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18008 on: August 07, 2019, 05:04:50 PM »

SELF-DEFENSE!!!!
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

barton

« Reply #18009 on: August 07, 2019, 05:29:46 PM »

Where is General Ripper when we need him?  Precious bodily fluids!  Freedom!

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18010 on: August 07, 2019, 06:42:28 PM »

Josh
I can't log in from my computer as I get the message, I've been banned. I think bart had the same problem. Could you unban me. Thanks.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #18011 on: August 07, 2019, 06:45:26 PM »

I've had the same issues as well.  I have the problem with I.E., but it seems to be okay with Chrome.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18012 on: August 07, 2019, 07:05:36 PM »

Josh
I can't log in from my computer as I get the message, I've been banned. I think bart had the same problem. Could you unban me. Thanks.

When did it start?

I haven't changed settings in a fair while.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18013 on: August 07, 2019, 07:18:42 PM »

Richard P. Feynman

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18014 on: August 07, 2019, 07:20:37 PM »

I've had the same issues as well.  I have the problem with I.E., but it seems to be okay with Chrome.

Same.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1199 1200 [1201] 1202 1203 ... 4288