Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601147 times)

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18060 on: August 08, 2019, 10:57:15 AM »

I think you need to separate the term "Trump supporters" from those that happened to vote for him and may very well do so again.

Leaving aside how dumb this is (I don’t support him, just vote for him…) it’s unclear who you think this should be applied to here. 

I define Trump supporters as people who parrot his ridiculous talking points, agree with his white nationalist views, and make every excuse for him when he makes it obvious how disqualified he is for the office he holds.

Know anyone here who fits that description?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18061 on: August 08, 2019, 11:01:01 AM »

Man who lives his entire life in the US dies after being deported to Iraq, after Iraq was forced to accept repatriation to get off of the travel ban list:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/iraqi-man-dies-deportation-trump-administration-1643512

But you see, the difference is really one of "style."
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

barton

« Reply #18062 on: August 08, 2019, 11:57:14 AM »

Obama faced real hatred, and you don't need me to post examples of that here unless you had your head completely up your ass for eight years.  And yes, people do hate Trump.  Racism does seem to inspire strong feelings. 

And corruption.  And lying.  And slanderous attacks on anyone who challenges his narcissistic self-image.  The "ridiculous" stuff you allude to, KidC, is Americans doing what they're supposed to:  pay attention to their elected officials and be watchdogs of democracy.  Dismissing criticism of Trump as "hate" is a putridly dishonest attempt to somehow equate racial hatred and hate crimes with the legitimate criticism of a demagogue. 

And, as Needs has pointed out, bad governance is not a "style," that we must "accept," as if were just some personal tic or harmlessly poor choice of tie.  Bad governance can lead to mass death, poverty, war, financial collapse.  It's worse than a bad hair day. 

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18063 on: August 08, 2019, 11:57:40 AM »

It’s amazing that a few out and out fascists are loudly and weakly defending trump at this late date.

Why do they prefer a government that doles out torture more frequently that it adheres to US law?

By propping up the crooked traitors, they day by day become more crooked and treasonous themselves.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #18065 on: August 08, 2019, 01:48:28 PM »

http://news.vice.com/en_us/article/59nzpn/send-him-back-el-paso-gives-trump-some-of-his-own-medicine?ref=vice

“Send him Back”

“Lock him up”

America is starting to express how it’s come to feel about this guy. He needs to flee now.

Richard P. Feynman

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18066 on: August 08, 2019, 01:53:11 PM »

Hi guys!

I was banned from the joint since last week, but I’m sorry to say I’ve been released from purgatory.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18067 on: August 08, 2019, 02:55:44 PM »

The president's spokesman made up crap about what Sherrod Brown and the Mayor of Dayton said about reactions to Trump in the hospital.

They called the spokesman and the president out for misrepresentation.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/07/politics/fact-check-trump-brown-hospital-visit-dayton/index.html
If I was Sherrod Brown that would be the last time I said anything nice about Drumpf.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18068 on: August 08, 2019, 02:58:05 PM »

Hi guys!

I was banned from the joint since last week, but I’m sorry to say I’ve been released from purgatory.
Others were having log.in issues to.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18069 on: August 08, 2019, 03:10:21 PM »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18070 on: August 08, 2019, 03:33:28 PM »

Man who lives his entire life in the US dies after being deported to Iraq, after Iraq was forced to accept repatriation to get off of the travel ban list:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/07/iraqi-man-dies-deportation-trump-administration-1643512

But you see, the difference is really one of "style."

An ICE spokesperson in Detroit said that Aldaoud had “an extensive criminal history“ that involved at least 20 convictions from 1998 to 2017, and had twice been ordered removed from the U.S.

The convictions included assault with a dangerous weapon, domestic violence, theft of personal property, and breaking and entering, according to ICE. A POLITICO search of court records showed Aldaoud served 17 months for a home invasion in 2013.

The spokesperson said Aldaoud was released pursuant to a federal court order in December 2018, but removed a GPS tracking bracelet on the day of his release. The spokesperson added that ICE had supplied Aldaoud “with a full complement of medicine“ when he was removed to Iraq in June, “to ensure continuity of care.“

Thanks for the link

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18071 on: August 08, 2019, 04:05:59 PM »

There was a live feed on "Now This" on Facebook, and they had a bunch of preachers from Mississippi, and union leaders, and members of the ACLU, and other civil rights leaders and immigrant group leaders, and they had some talent in that room, the people were weeping while they spoke. Mississippi is on the side of the immigrants.

And as I said before...

America is for everyone, and all men are created equal by God.

You cannot start dividing America up into groups based on race, or religion. And no one is more "American" than someone else. No one has more rights than someone else. We are all created equal by God.

And you cannot put a child in a cage and say the child does not have the same rights as all children. All children are created equal by God.

We need to change our laws so that we can make all of our immigrants legal. It is not the people who are broken, it is our immigration laws that need fixed. We need to make everyone legal, President Reagan did it, and we can do it again. We need to make our immigrants legal, and we need new laws so that future immigrants can easily become legal and stay legal. We need to change our laws to reflect who we are as Americans.

Frank Sinatra understood what America is all about...

https://youtu.be/UpO6mpYvyqQ

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: August 08, 2019, 04:08:31 PM by FlyingVProd »

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #18072 on: August 08, 2019, 04:42:12 PM »

Donald J. Trump
19 mins ·

I have asked the Justice Department to work in partnership with social media companies to develop tools that can detect mass shooters before they strike. Social media companies can play a big role in reducing gun violence and online hate!     

------------------     

I think it is unconstitutional, just like using facial recognition on people who have not committed any crimes.     

And I would not want Trump to decide if what people say on line is hateful or not. Trump is a very racist hateful guy himself, I think we have established this fact.     

I do not want the social media companies to work together with the government to monitor what we say.     

This is not the path that we need to go down. 

The ACLU and others need to get involved on this. We should not be monitored if we have not committed any crimes.     

Salute,     

Tony V.

oilcan

« Reply #18073 on: August 08, 2019, 05:03:46 PM »

Wouldn't it depend on where and what you say?  If someone stands up in a coffee shop and says, I am going to shoot a bunch of Hispanics, that's a fairly serious threat and I would hope someone pays attention.   Why would social media, which function as public venues, be different?   We do have laws that provide consequences for making death threats, or inciting violence, and I have a hard time seeing this as repressive of ordinary venting and grievances.   If anything, the ease with which you can obtain a VPN (makes your online identity anonymous) would seem to protect and embolden the very worst kinds of hate speech.  As does our "president." 

oilcan

« Reply #18074 on: August 08, 2019, 05:07:00 PM »

I noticed Needs Adj has started putting quotes around president.   Now that I have tried this, it doesn't look right any other way.
Pages: 1 ... 1203 1204 [1205] 1206 1207 ... 4288