Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1601353 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18855 on: August 19, 2019, 08:24:21 PM »

Banks and NeedsAdjustment,  from my experience you both make sound, clear and thoughtful
Posts....but I can't see what your disagreement is.  I usually agree with just about everything you
Both post.  Except for Banks once over on the football thread....🤔

You are both with the good guys as far as I can tell!

hey Deej

people can get fired up and go over the top, whether its Clemson-Bama, Sox-Yankees, or Israel-Palestine.

Go figure

barton

« Reply #18856 on: August 19, 2019, 08:31:24 PM »

I blame Hamilton.   He sneaks in with a post that equates Israel critique with being anti-Israel (whatever that actually means), then ducks out after everyone else gets drawn into the vortex, parting with repeated instructions for us to "wake up" and smell how bad Iran is.   Why I would want to disturb my nap for such trollery is beyond me. 

Facility, meanwhile, is generating a lot of spirochete based invective.  That's fine, so long as you understand that it's the tertiary phase of syphilis where men turn into John C. Calhoun.  Before that, Nietzschean moments of genius may be had.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18857 on: August 19, 2019, 08:32:22 PM »

NA-You dumb clueless motherfucker, the "unspoken agenda" that your false narrative hangs on, is not anti-Semitism, but rather pro-Palestinian.

People who support the Palestinians may be pro-Palestinian, for all sorts of reasons, including, but not limited to, being of that ethnicity. I was wondering whether Bo's politcal leanings were Pro-Palestinian. Which I suggested in one of my posts was a perfectly fine stance to have. And being Pro-Palestinian does not equate with anti-Semitism.

I hope that helps, but I sincerely doubt it.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:38:01 PM by bankshot1 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18858 on: August 19, 2019, 08:37:44 PM »

NA-You dumb clueless motherfucker, the "unspoken agenda" that your false narrative hangs on, is not anti-Semitism, but rather pro-Palestinian.

People who support the Palestinians may be pro-Palestinian, for all sorts of reasons, including being of that ethnicity. I was wondering whether Bo's politcal leanings were Pro-Paestinian. Which I suggested in one of my posts was a perfectly fine stance to have.

LOL.  You must really think I am a dumb clueless motherfucker to believe that.

This was your post, in its entirety:

Bo seems to think that israel is among the most repressive countries on earth.

I think Bo may have an unspoken agenda.

You may not have intended to imply Bo was anti-Israel, anti-semitic, or both.  But you simply can not be so clueless as to not understand how the above reads.  Particularly in the context of other posts of yours which implied that some posters here did not recognize Israel's right to exist.

It's perfectly fine for you, at this point, to say "yeah, I see how someone could take it that way.  I didn't intend it, sorry."

You don't even need to use those exact words.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18859 on: August 19, 2019, 08:38:30 PM »

Trump:  I am prepared for everything, but NO, I don't think there will be a recession

Ari Melber, MSNBC:  "It's one thing for Trump to say there won't be a recession, yet another to be unprepared for it."

WTF?  He said it right after he played the clip.

Why should anybody believe a thing the "president" says, Kid?

I dont think he cares what you believe

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18860 on: August 19, 2019, 08:40:29 PM »

I blame Hamilton.   He sneaks in with a post that equates Israel critique with being anti-Israel (whatever that actually means), then ducks out after everyone else gets drawn into the vortex, parting with repeated instructions for us to "wake up" and smell how bad Iran is.   Why I would want to disturb my nap for such trollery is beyond me.

Josh said largely the same thing.

I don't need to dwell on this.  But the denial bothers me.  I don't have an agenda here and I'm not willfully misreading posts.  I think anyone of some intelligence would have viewed these statements the same way.  Including the posters who made them, if they were on the other side of this.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18861 on: August 19, 2019, 08:42:33 PM »

Trump:  I am prepared for everything, but NO, I don't think there will be a recession

Ari Melber, MSNBC:  "It's one thing for Trump to say there won't be a recession, yet another to be unprepared for it."

The incredible thing kiidcarter8 is that you believe what he says he cares about. 

You post a quote from the man as though it closes the matter.  Trump said he is prepared for everything, therefore he must be prepared for everything?

Forget the mountain of evidence that Trump is a liar.  Where is the evidence that Trump has actually been prepared for any disaster while "president?"

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18862 on: August 19, 2019, 08:44:16 PM »

And as I said in the original post, Josh was implying the same thing.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to imply anything. I thought I more directly stated it!

The argument was made, not by Bo, that we are each free to choose our own causes. On the face of it, that seems like a pretty rational position, too!

I have a comparison to make:

Each of us is free to hire whomever we please. We're free to rent apartments and to sell houses to whomever we please.

But when that freedom extends to a consist pattern of exclusion, then it is problem.

The claim was made that American media is overwhelmingly pro-Israel, in contrast with my own perspective on it. I'm wrong, based on a study of 50 years of media coverage, though apparently it has been changing to something closer to balanced in the last couple years. Further, a separate (less recent) study found that European new coverage bent the other way. This may have contributed to my erroneous impression.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18863 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:24 PM »

I judge people by what they post, and their Elbanese history, and how I've grown to know them over the years, that's it.

No, you don't

If so, you would link to a post every time you trash someone.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2019, 08:48:03 PM by kiidcarter8 »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18864 on: August 19, 2019, 08:45:42 PM »

And as I said in the original post, Josh was implying the same thing.

I'm sorry. I did not mean to imply anything. I thought I more directly stated it!

My mistake.  You did!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18865 on: August 19, 2019, 08:47:40 PM »

I don't think he cares what any of us believes, Kid.

That's half the point.

The other is that most Americans, quite rightly, think President Trump is a liar.

I asked you a question that has nothing to do with Trump's opinion of me or anybody else. It was only about believing him. I asked for reasons to believe him and you gave none.

I have good cause to believe you have none.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18866 on: August 19, 2019, 08:49:41 PM »

The incredible thing kiidcarter8 is that you believe what he says he cares about. 

You post a quote from the man as though it closes the matter.  Trump said he is prepared for everything, therefore he must be prepared for everything?

Forget the mountain of evidence that Trump is a liar.  Where is the evidence that Trump has actually been prepared for any disaster while "president?"

Keep pushing the RECESSION word with your gang

It's an interesting ploy.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18867 on: August 19, 2019, 08:50:01 PM »

I judge people by what they post, and their Elbanese history, and how I've grown to know them over the years, that's it.

No, you don't

If so, you would link to a post every time you trash someone.

That's close to the most absurd think you have ever said and you've said some doozies!

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #18868 on: August 19, 2019, 08:53:14 PM »

Each of us is free to hire whomever we please. We're free to rent apartments and to sell houses to whomever we please.

But when that freedom extends to a consist pattern of exclusion, then it is problem.

A) I think it is awfully hard to judge a person's pattern of exclusion based on what they post here on Escape from Elba.  People respond to the news of the day, subjects that are raised, etc.  "Your criticism of Israel is not valid because I've never seen you post anything about China" is (almost literally) something that was posted here.

B) There are some very good reasons to focus on Israel that are in no way problematic.  Start with what I said, their strategic importance to us, as a key democratic ally in a part of the world that is critical to our national security.

Then there is the fact that simply no country has the kind of relationship with the US that Israel has.  Canada?  We tariff their dairy and steel products.  Britain?  They are facing a no deal Brexit that will tank their economy and maybe the world and our response to them has been "good luck!"

We have a special relationship that is great and important and needs to be maintained, and the shit Netanyahu is pulling (and not talking only about barring Tlaib and Omar) is straining that relationship and there may be nothing more pro-Israel we can do than point it out.

Now, about Kashmir...

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18869 on: August 19, 2019, 08:55:24 PM »

People who support the Palestinians may be pro-Palestinian, for all sorts of reasons, including being of that ethnicity. I was wondering whether Bo's politcal leanings were Pro-Paestinian. Which I suggested in one of my posts was a perfectly fine stance to have.

LOL.  You must really think I am a dumb clueless motherfucker to believe that.

This was your post, in its entirety:

Bo seems to think that israel is among the most repressive countries on earth.

I think Bo may have an unspoken agenda.

You may not have intended to imply Bo was anti-Israel, anti-semitic, or both.  But you simply can not be so clueless as to not understand how the above reads.  Particularly in the context of other posts of yours which implied that some posters here did not recognize Israel's right to exist.

It's perfectly fine for you, at this point, to say "yeah, I see how someone could take it that way.  I didn't intend it, sorry."

You don't even need to use those exact words.

NA

Its not my concern you took your interpretation of "unspoken agenda" and assigned anti-Semitism to it. I was just wondering if there was some pre-existing condition which may have formed Bo's thoughts about Israel.

If I thought him anti-Semitic I would have said so. As you should have gathered by now, I'm direct with people, and am not bashful about sharing my thoughts.

And yes I think you're a dumb cluessless motherfucker.

And any time you want to apologize to me for your false narrative, please do, or you can go fuck yourself, as I'm generally indifferent to dumb clueless motherfuckers.

Hope we're good.
Pages: 1 ... 1256 1257 [1258] 1259 1260 ... 4288