Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583685 times)

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #18885 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:47 PM »

Trump:  I am prepared for everything, but NO, I don't think there will be a recession

Ari Melber, MSNBC:  "It's one thing for Trump to say there won't be a recession, yet another to be unprepared for it."

WTF?  He said it right after he played the clip.

Why should anybody believe a thing the "president" says, Kid?

I dont think he cares what you believe

That should worry you... the fact it doesn’t means you’re ready to carry your torch.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18886 on: August 19, 2019, 09:32:29 PM »

It’s all because of the trump tax hike.

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d5ade7ce4b04e1e14de8a9e

More than a grand per family so far.

Trade wars are easy to win...
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18888 on: August 19, 2019, 09:36:43 PM »

And you think it's the left that is pushing the recession news?

I haven't said

Bad habit of yours representing people without giving proper thought

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18889 on: August 19, 2019, 09:41:40 PM »

As pointed out (but ignored by you), Trump was angry with Fox News (whom he referred to as "we") for their suggesting that a recession is coming!

I ignored it?  Or didnt comment on it?

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #18890 on: August 19, 2019, 09:41:55 PM »

News Item
August 19, 2019

WASHINGTON—Planned Parenthood Federation of America said on Monday it would withdraw from the federal Title X family-planning program rather than comply with a new Trump administration rule preventing clinics from referring patients for abortions.
Leaving 40% of.Americans benefiting from Title X funding without access to their preferred provider, and many with no access to any provider at all. Got a replacement plan for them? Or, you know, it's just women who cares?
Hillsdale College is an example of an institution that refuses to adhere to federal mandates and
shuns the money that comes with them.  It makes up the difference by finding other sources of revenue. The new federal regulation bans abortion referrals by those who are federally funded, about $60 million dollars a year to Planned Parenthood.
Leaving 40% of Americans benefiting from Title X funding without access to their preferred provider, and many with no access to any provider at all. Got a replacement plan for them? Or, you know, it's just.women, who cares?
The Clinton Foundation might be a source to be tapped.
 Goodness knows it has a lot of funds in need of spending.
Oh, PP will explore all avenues to ensure it fulfills its mission to provide reproductive care to women. While proceeding with the law suit. Meanwhile, some will take note of the idea that what majority power can do to us majority power can do to them. And that if the government can silence one side.of the abortion debate it can silence.the other as well.
Elections have consequences.
But the issue is not abortion which is a SCOTUS interpreted right.
The issue at hand is federal tax support of abortions.

In every poll( in the last three years) a plurality of Americans opposes public funding of abortions. In every poll but one, that plurality is a majority. The questions vary, but the result is the same. Respondents support “banning federal funding for abortion” except in rape cases or to save the woman’s life (Politico/Morning Consult, 2019). They believe that “government health insurance programs for low-income women, like Medicaid,” should not “cover abortion” (PRRI, 2018). They oppose “using tax dollars to pay for a woman’s abortion” (Marist, 2019). They oppose allowing “Medicaid funds to be used to pay for abortions” (Politico/Harvard, 2016). When they’re told that “the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funds from being used to fund abortions, except in the case of incest, rape or to save the life of the mother,” they endorse the amendment (YouGov, 2016). These polls aren’t close. The average gap between the pro-funding and anti-funding positions is 19 percentage points.

When people are asked about government funding for ANYTHING if they don’t see it directly benefitting THEM then it’s no good.

Publicly funded abortions are perceived to go toward “inner city” welfare queens, and in the same breath those inner city moochers are derided for having children for the sake of benefits.

The side effect is all the programs Planned Parenthood provide toward preventing unplanned pregnancies and for education services and anti STD are also affected by these budget shenanigans.
In what way? No federal funds are being cut for services Planned Parenthood provide toward preventing unplanned pregnancies and for education and anti STD.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18891 on: August 19, 2019, 09:43:03 PM »

Its not my concern you took your interpretation of "unspoken agenda" and assigned anti-Semitism to it. I was just wondering if there was some pre-existing condition which may have formed Bo's thoughts about Israel.

If I thought him anti-Semitic I would have said so. As you should have gathered by now, I'm direct with people, and am not bashful about sharing my thoughts.

I think bankshot1 that you have enough integrity to not directly call someone anti-Semitic or anti-Israel when there is zero evidence of it.  You will, as has been demonstrated, imply it.  Which is fine, thats your right, but it remains a prism from which I will view your posts on the subject.

And yes I think you're a dumb cluessless motherfucker.

And any time you want to apologize to me for your false narrative, please do, or you can go fuck yourself, as I'm generally indifferent to dumb clueless motherfuckers.

Hope we're good.

You seem to have a problem making an argument without resorting to name-calling.  I probably don't need to tell you what that says about the quality of your argument.

He’ll get over it. Banks is very passionate in his positions.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18892 on: August 19, 2019, 09:46:07 PM »

Again NA its not my fault you jumped to an incorrect conclusion I was accusing Bo of being anti-Semitic.  I did not. My question as already stated was whether there were other factors, ("unspoken agenda") which may have formed his opinion of the issue, just as I have an agenda which helped form mine.

Cmon, Banks.

You do go from Zero to 60 in no time when you don’t agree with someone.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #18893 on: August 19, 2019, 09:50:06 PM »

News Item
August 19, 2019

WASHINGTON—Planned Parenthood Federation of America said on Monday it would withdraw from the federal Title X family-planning program rather than comply with a new Trump administration rule preventing clinics from referring patients for abortions.
Leaving 40% of.Americans benefiting from Title X funding without access to their preferred provider, and many with no access to any provider at all. Got a replacement plan for them? Or, you know, it's just women who cares?
Hillsdale College is an example of an institution that refuses to adhere to federal mandates and
shuns the money that comes with them.  It makes up the difference by finding other sources of revenue. The new federal regulation bans abortion referrals by those who are federally funded, about $60 million dollars a year to Planned Parenthood.
Leaving 40% of Americans benefiting from Title X funding without access to their preferred provider, and many with no access to any provider at all. Got a replacement plan for them? Or, you know, it's just.women, who cares?
The Clinton Foundation might be a source to be tapped.
 Goodness knows it has a lot of funds in need of spending.
Oh, PP will explore all avenues to ensure it fulfills its mission to provide reproductive care to women. While proceeding with the law suit. Meanwhile, some will take note of the idea that what majority power can do to us majority power can do to them. And that if the government can silence one side.of the abortion debate it can silence.the other as well.
Elections have consequences.
But the issue is not abortion which is a SCOTUS interpreted right.
The issue at hand is federal tax support of abortions.

In every poll( in the last three years) a plurality of Americans opposes public funding of abortions. In every poll but one, that plurality is a majority. The questions vary, but the result is the same. Respondents support “banning federal funding for abortion” except in rape cases or to save the woman’s life (Politico/Morning Consult, 2019). They believe that “government health insurance programs for low-income women, like Medicaid,” should not “cover abortion” (PRRI, 2018). They oppose “using tax dollars to pay for a woman’s abortion” (Marist, 2019). They oppose allowing “Medicaid funds to be used to pay for abortions” (Politico/Harvard, 2016). When they’re told that “the Hyde Amendment prohibits federal funds from being used to fund abortions, except in the case of incest, rape or to save the life of the mother,” they endorse the amendment (YouGov, 2016). These polls aren’t close. The average gap between the pro-funding and anti-funding positions is 19 percentage points.

When people are asked about government funding for ANYTHING if they don’t see it directly benefitting THEM then it’s no good.

Publicly funded abortions are perceived to go toward “inner city” welfare queens, and in the same breath those inner city moochers are derided for having children for the sake of benefits.

The side effect is all the programs Planned Parenthood provide toward preventing unplanned pregnancies and for education services and anti STD are also affected by these budget shenanigans.
In what way? No federal funds are being cut for services Planned Parenthood provide toward preventing unplanned pregnancies and for education and anti STD.

Shaddap...

https://www.vnews.com/New-Hampshire-budget-limbo-STD-treatment-on-hold-27740351

Lyndon Johnson

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18894 on: August 19, 2019, 09:50:42 PM »

https://time.com/5655251/us-recession-economists-survey/

From your link:
Thirty-four percent of economists surveyed by the National Association for Business Economics, in a report being released Monday, said they believe a slowing economy will tip into recession in 2021. That’s up from 25% in a survey taken in February. Only 2% of those polled expect a recession to begin this year, while 38% predict that it will occur in 2020.

That would seem to add to 74% who believe that we will have a recession between now and the end of 2021.

And you think it's the left that is pushing the recession news? As pointed out (but ignored by you), Trump was angry with Fox News (whom he referred to as "we") for their suggesting that a recession is coming!

Careful josh.  You are perilously close to making kiidcarter8's ignore list!

Oh, I've been there for weeks, if not months, but... he can't put me on ignore.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18895 on: August 19, 2019, 09:55:05 PM »

And you think it's the left that is pushing the recession news?

I haven't said

Bad habit of yours representing people without giving proper thought

Trump:  I am prepared for everything, but NO, I don't think there will be a recession

Ari Melber, MSNBC:  "It's one thing for Trump to say there won't be a recession, yet another to be unprepared for it."

WTF?  He said it right after he played the clip.

Why should anybody believe a thing the "president" says, Kid?

I dont think he cares what you believe

The incredible thing kiidcarter8 is that you believe what he says he cares about. 

You post a quote from the man as though it closes the matter.  Trump said he is prepared for everything, therefore he must be prepared for everything?

Forget the mountain of evidence that Trump is a liar.  Where is the evidence that Trump has actually been prepared for any disaster while "president?"

Keep pushing the RECESSION word with your gang

It's an interesting ploy.

Bad habit of yours, denying your own words. Kind of like your president/candidate whom you "haven't chosen." Or your pretending you don't bet on sports.

Still not as absurd as the suggestion that if one believed X one would perform in Y way. But still absurd.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #18896 on: August 19, 2019, 09:59:00 PM »

Again NA its not my fault you jumped to an incorrect conclusion I was accusing Bo of being anti-Semitic.  I did not. My question as already stated was whether there were other factors, ("unspoken agenda") which may have formed his opinion of the issue, just as I have an agenda which helped form mine.

Cmon, Banks.

You do go from Zero to 60 in no time when you don’t agree with someone.

I give someone time to make their argument. I pay attention. Then I make mine.

As I said to NA, and which you seem to second, I'm pretty direct. If I wanted to call someone out for bias, I would. But in this case I did not.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18897 on: August 19, 2019, 09:59:23 PM »

Needs has a "left" gang, I guess.  I didn't know.

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star

Lyndon Johnson

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #18899 on: August 19, 2019, 10:02:12 PM »

I don't bet on sports?  I just told you I scored 12-1 on Liverpool but then lost betting the Super Cup.

Please - pay better attention or just lose your fucking obsession already
Pages: 1 ... 1258 1259 [1260] 1261 1262 ... 4288