Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1583551 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19065 on: August 21, 2019, 01:00:27 AM »

Just Cheney and Biden among VPs choosing not to run in recent times, right?

Cheney had his health issues

Using your standard that Biden didn't run, then more haven't than have. Mind you, it is unclear to me what you think are modern times. 2 of the last 3 didn't. 3 of the last 5 didn't. That brings us to 1988. 31 years count as recent to you?

Quayle, Rockefeller, and Cheney didn't run. Agnew didn't run, but I suppose he doesn't count. Barkley didn't run.
Bush, Gore, Nixon, and Humphrey ran.

Both of FDR's VPs before Truman ran - one against FDR for the Democratic nomination of 1940! The other, Wallace, ran for the presidency as part of a 3rd party ticket.

Mondale and Biden are in the group that did not run immediately, but did run.

Truman, Ford and Johnson became president before they could run as ex-VPs.

Quayle?  What are you, a moron?  Rockefeller?

Like I said - TWO in recent years chose not to.  Ol' Dan and Ol' Nelson don't count for obvious (to most) reasons
« Last Edit: August 21, 2019, 01:04:23 AM by kiidcarter8 »

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19066 on: August 21, 2019, 01:03:15 AM »

Trump trying to sell donors that the inevitable recession will be over shortly after the election.

http://www.politico.com/story/2019/08/20/donald-trump-gop-donors-recession-1470360

He must think Mexico will pay for the wall he hasn’t built and will never build.

Or that once he gets his inmate number assigned to him, this will all be some Democrat’s problem anyway.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19067 on: August 21, 2019, 01:30:41 AM »

Using your standard that Biden didn't run, then more haven't than have. Mind you, it is unclear to me what you think are modern times. 2 of the last 3 didn't. 3 of the last 5 didn't. That brings us to 1988. 31 years count as recent to you?

Quayle, Rockefeller, and Cheney didn't run. Agnew didn't run, but I suppose he doesn't count. Barkley didn't run.

Both of FDR's VPs before Truman ran - one against FDR for the Democratic nomination of 1940! The other, Wallace, ran for the presidency as part of a 3rd party ticket.

Like I said - TWO in recent years chose not to.  Ol' Dan and Ol' Nelson don't count for obvious (to most) reasons

Like I say, you pick and choose to make yourself seem right.

But your point was "Just Cheney and Biden among VPs choosing not to run in recent times."

You still haven't defined "recent times," because no matter how you define it, you are wrong.

"Only Biden and Cheney" which is "only" 2 of 3 in 19 years.
3 of 5 going back 31 years.

Why doesn't Quayle count? Because he's upset your claim. Ditto Rockefeller. Everybody who doesn't run has a reason. Everybody who runs has a reason.

But it's the same thing as your bullshit about your betting or about your "not having chosen." You lie and then you lie some more because what you want to have be the truth doesn't fit external reality.

I am sure that you will count exactly whomever you need to count and discount whomever you need to discount and have "recent years" mean exactly what you want it to mean so you can claim victory.

You're a goddamned pigeon. Get off my chessboard!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19068 on: August 21, 2019, 01:42:40 AM »

"Obama got outsmarted"!
Dog bites man.
I'm confident that Obama could match intellects with you, let alone President Nitwit, any day of the week.
Proving what?
That, like Trump, you criticizing Obama's intellect demonstrates even further your lack of one.

Wasn't he AFFIRMATIVE ACTION at Harvard?

He was president of the Law Review and you don’t get that by winning a game of horse.

One thing folks miss when it comes to Affirmative Action, something you should understand, “they may let you in but no one lets you out.” Caspice?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19069 on: August 21, 2019, 01:46:47 AM »

So the “ Business Roundtable”’now wants to put less emphasis on shareholder interest as opposed to some esoteric concept of community value,  a question arises. Are their hefty re­mu­ner­a­tion pack­ages with the value they cre­ate for shareholders now re­duced? After all the salary they get from im­prov­ing com­mu­ni­ties should be much lower, since the value that the mar­ket puts on a com­mu­nity or­ga­nizer is much lower.

I hope so. It would be consistent with what they said.

You, OTOH, likely object to the plan. You like the idea that businesses seek to make money hand-over-fist for their stockholders by screwing communities.

If those bastards really wanted to do something they would pay their corporate taxes. They’re really just worried the game is up and we’re getting close to barricades and guillotines.

Oh, remember when all the smart people were upset because Obama had injected uncertainty into the markets and that’s why they could repatriate money or invest in their companies and workers?
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19070 on: August 21, 2019, 01:50:18 AM »

So the “ Business Roundtable”’now wants to put less emphasis on shareholder interest as opposed to some esoteric concept of community value,  a question arises. Are their hefty re­mu­ner­a­tion pack­ages with the value they cre­ate for shareholders now re­duced? After all the salary they get from im­prov­ing com­mu­ni­ties should be much lower, since the value that the mar­ket puts on a com­mu­nity or­ga­nizer is much lower.

I hope so. It would be consistent with what they said.

You, OTOH, likely object to the plan. You like the idea that businesses seek to make money hand-over-fist for their stockholders by screwing communities.
How do they “ screw communities ?”y

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19071 on: August 21, 2019, 02:02:54 AM »

The last time we went from July 15 through Aug. 19 with no named storms in the Atlantic was 1982, according to a Colorado State University meteorology report.

How come Josh is not thanking Climate Change?

Because those storms are blasting the shit out of the Midwest...
There is always a storm cloud in your life.

There’s always a storm cloud over your head, asshole...

Lyndon Johnson

bambu.

• View Profile
« Reply #19072 on: August 21, 2019, 02:46:55 AM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

And he is considering a payroll tax cut for shits and giggles.

Deficit spending currently at a higher stimulus level than it was in 2008, and that was when unemployment was at over 10%.  Trump's enablers in Congress gave him all the toys he wanted, and he still couldn't help but fuck it up.

It's not fucked up.

Just keep up with that denial.

"Kid says 'no recession!'"

"Bambi says 'no climate change, it's a hoax.'"

"Bambi admits climate change, but insists, 'it's natural, not man made.'"

"Ward says he is 'never wrong.'"

Yeah, Kid. Good company you keep there.

For a moderator you sure don't understand how these message boards work

Man-made climate change is the hoax.
Go woke, go broke.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19073 on: August 21, 2019, 03:22:13 AM »

"Obama got outsmarted"!
Dog bites man.
I'm confident that Obama could match intellects with you, let alone President Nitwit, any day of the week.
Proving what?
That, like Trump, you criticizing Obama's intellect demonstrates even further your lack of one.

No. Other than his being black, what makes you think that?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #19074 on: August 21, 2019, 03:25:53 AM »

Why? He's just a different kind of ex-President.

Nah

Not yet anyway

Has to talk his wife into running if they want their legacy to be grand

Stay tuned.

Addendum - some would say Michelle is letting down her nation by being content to just lay in her millions

Like Joe not running in 2016.......
Obama did not let Joe run in 2016.
According to YankGuy Obama is a genius.
Obama gave Beau Biden brain cancer?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #19075 on: August 21, 2019, 03:32:08 AM »

If so, you have just cited the most compelling single case for AA ever cited.
Harvard Law does not have an Affirmative Action program. Harvard does not need to to obtain diversity.
They use diversity as a factor in selection among people who meet admissions standards, but that is not Affirmative Action. It does not mean Obama was an Affirmative Action candidate any more than, say, the child of an autoworker would be. And he was probably helped more by his community organizer work.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19076 on: August 21, 2019, 04:30:38 AM »

Kiid knows trump is losing and the tumbling economy is going to make it worse.

He’s worried pretty soon a tired desiccated cracker won’t get no respect or be able to obtain weapons he’s not stable enough to handle - the ones he really wants.

Bambi is s hoax. No doubt about it.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19077 on: August 21, 2019, 06:44:56 AM »

Wayne LaPierre has receipts on NRA laundering for the Russians in 2016 election attack collusion.

Don: Background checks?

Wayne: Collusion?

Don: No!

Wayne: no.

The puppeteers overestimated the puppet and he’s springing all the traps that were supposed to sink him along with the United States in his second term a year and a half before the election.

Deficit Don is a dirty bomb, the kind that tends to backfire spectacularly like a Russian nuclear rocket.

Richard P. Feynman

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19078 on: August 21, 2019, 07:36:45 AM »

Like I say, you pick and choose to make yourself seem right.

But your point was "Just Cheney and Biden among VPs choosing not to run in recent times."

You still haven't defined "recent times," because no matter how you define it, you are wrong.

"Only Biden and Cheney" which is "only" 2 of 3 in 19 years.
3 of 5 going back 31 years.

Why doesn't Quayle count? Because he's upset your claim. Ditto Rockefeller. Everybody who doesn't run has a reason. Everybody who runs has a reason.

But it's the same thing as your bullshit about your betting or about your "not having chosen." You lie and then you lie some more because what you want to have be the truth doesn't fit external reality.

I am sure that you will count exactly whomever you need to count and discount whomever you need to discount and have "recent years" mean exactly what you want it to mean so you can claim victory.

You're a goddamned pigeon. Get off my chessboard!

Your idiocy is confirmed.  I will allow someone else to chime in and explain it to you - or maybe you can take a break from your obsession and figure it out yourself.

Enjoy the day

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19079 on: August 21, 2019, 08:02:28 AM »

“I think the word ‘recession’ is a word that's inappropriate because it's just a word that the — certain people; I'm going to be kind — certain people and the media, are trying to build up because they'd love to see a recession. We're very far from a recession,” the president said.

And he is considering a payroll tax cut for shits and giggles.

Deficit spending currently at a higher stimulus level than it was in 2008, and that was when unemployment was at over 10%.  Trump's enablers in Congress gave him all the toys he wanted, and he still couldn't help but fuck it up.

It's not fucked up.

Just keep up with that denial.

"Kid says 'no recession!'"

"Bambi says 'no climate change, it's a hoax.'"

"Bambi admits climate change, but insists, 'it's natural, not man made.'"

"Ward says he is 'never wrong.'"

Yeah, Kid. Good company you keep there.

For a moderator you sure don't understand how these message boards work
Pages: 1 ... 1270 1271 [1272] 1273 1274 ... 4288