Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1608956 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19185 on: August 22, 2019, 01:15:09 AM »

It’s from Salon about what’s airing on faux,

http://www.salon.com/2019/08/21/a-republican-group-is-pressuring-mitch-mcconnell-to-stop-obstructing-election-security-legislation/

Thank you.

Your link specifies that it is coming from Salon. When I mouse over the link, I see that it will lead me to Salon.

While there is a chance that Salon will have malware in it, the chance is miniscule.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19186 on: August 22, 2019, 01:28:28 AM »

POWER corrupts.

First you add words to my posts that aren't mine, now you want to censor my links?

Heh - sad.

Stupidity is a bigger problem as is self-deceit.

Kid, do you know how many posts I delete per week?

I delete them because I cannot quickly and easily be sure that there is no malware at those sites that could damage our computers or even the host system, as has happened before.

You posted a link to a piece of software that has macros built into it - and we have no idea whether those are set to run or not when we open the file you have provided with no data.

It used to be that you could download/open a Word doc online with a link like yours, and your MS Word on your computer would be infected. You wouldn't notice it until some days or weeks later when a bunch of your files had been renamed Ethan Frome... the Ethan Frome virus spread that way.
https://www.f-secure.com/v-descs/ethan.shtml

That was 1999. Macro viruses are far more sophisticated today.

"Remember macro viruses? Infected Word and Excel files? They're Back!" - 2014
"Microsoft Excel Files Increasingly Used To Spread Malware" - 2017

"What is the Excel/Laroux virus?" - 2018
The auto_open macro executes whenever an infected spreadsheet is opened, followed by the check_files macro that determines the startup path of Excel. If there is no file named PERSONAL.XLS in the startup path, the virus creates it. This file contains a module called "Laroux."

New Microsoft Excel Attack Vector Surfaces - July, 2019

So, damned straight I am going to delete your fucking MS Excel links that have no explanation and give me zero reason to trust them.

I am going back to it now to see if you could follow simple instructions or if you are as big a fool as "Putin said he didn't do it" Trump.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19187 on: August 22, 2019, 01:36:13 AM »

Kid removed it himself, rather than explain what it was.

I have removed my post that contained Kid's online Excel spreadsheet, as well.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19188 on: August 22, 2019, 01:56:03 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19189 on: August 22, 2019, 02:19:24 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/faithless-elector-court-ruling-just-changed-how-we-pick-our-n1044961?fbclid=IwAR1H4WzbwG2wsUsBj2MBwSh1j17YutYvLBgmj6vhmg0A8Dt1bV7QUd2THTg

States cannot remove a faithless elector and discard his vote, regardless of their laws.

IOW, electors under this ruling have complete autonomy in their voting, largely disenfranchising the voter.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19190 on: August 22, 2019, 02:32:02 AM »

This is fascism.

I know you wondered and had asked for an example. Here is an example.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/michael-halpern/on-mental-health-and-guns-experts-ordered-not-to-contradict-president-trumps-lies

Union of Concerned Scientists blog about the following news:
rAs people searched for answers around the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services prevented its scientists from posting relevant research about guns, violence, and mental health on social media. According to the Washington Post, which broke the story, the orders came in the wake of the president’s incorrect suggestion that mental illness leads to mass shootings.
the public relations people at HHS didn’t think it was their job to help you learn more about the causes of mass violence. They didn’t care about increasing stigma for people with mental illness. They thought it was more important to protect the president’s untruths.

In other words, as we experience hundreds of multiple-victim shootings per year, and as many thousands take their own lives, it was more important to the public affairs folks for President Trump to save face than for scientists to tell us what they know. And the CDC and National Institutes of Health can’t tell you about what the science says about health.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19191 on: August 22, 2019, 02:32:37 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/us/mississippi-ice-raids-employers/index.html

Still no arrests of any employers in the Mississippi raids.

We've all so surprised, right?

The raid was done on behalf of the employers to squash the unions and punish the complainers.

It’s cyanide bombs for uppity brown people. As close as trump can get so far in one term.

As for mentioning the link I posted was at Salon, I know we had malware from the maladroit on our minds, but I mentioned it because somewhere around here there’s a parrot or a cracker who posts “SALON!” when articles are linked to from that source. I mentioned it to forestall that peculiar arthritic knucklehead’s shenanigans.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19192 on: August 22, 2019, 02:35:34 AM »

This is fascism.

I know you wondered and had asked for an example. Here is an example.

https://blog.ucsusa.org/michael-halpern/on-mental-health-and-guns-experts-ordered-not-to-contradict-president-trumps-lies

Union of Concerned Scientists blog about the following news:
rAs people searched for answers around the shootings in El Paso and Dayton, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services prevented its scientists from posting relevant research about guns, violence, and mental health on social media. According to the Washington Post, which broke the story, the orders came in the wake of the president’s incorrect suggestion that mental illness leads to mass shootings.
the public relations people at HHS didn’t think it was their job to help you learn more about the causes of mass violence. They didn’t care about increasing stigma for people with mental illness. They thought it was more important to protect the president’s untruths.

In other words, as we experience hundreds of multiple-victim shootings per year, and as many thousands take their own lives, it was more important to the public affairs folks for President Trump to save face than for scientists to tell us what they know. And the CDC and National Institutes of Health can’t tell you about what the science says about health.

“We've always been at war with Eastasia.”
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19193 on: August 22, 2019, 03:58:38 AM »

Trumpist immigration policy is how the 9/11 hijackers won. Steven Miller is carrying the ball closer and closer to the goal line.

Dumpster Don the Dirty Bomb and all his personal deficits is now plumb looney out of his fucking mind. Red-Bambi-Kid-Luee bad all at the same time multiplied by enough Adderall to kill a horse.

Richard P. Feynman

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19194 on: August 22, 2019, 07:09:55 AM »

POWER corrupts.

First you add words to my posts that aren't mine, now you want to censor my links?

Heh - sad.

Republicans spread malware.

Your post is suspect.

You are obviously all fucked up.

No one wants what you got.

Fuck off, Wimpy.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19195 on: August 22, 2019, 07:11:53 AM »

barton

« Reply #19196 on: August 22, 2019, 09:05:55 AM »

Actually, how hard would it take to get Greenland the old-fashioned way?

Harry Truman must have asked that same question.   Of course, back then we thought of many European nations as allies.
Still do.
It was a joke.   If you've followed the news the past 2.5 years, you shouldn't have any trouble can figuring it out.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19197 on: August 22, 2019, 09:13:16 AM »

Harry Truman must have asked that same question.   Of course, back then we thought of many European nations as allies.
Still do.
It was a joke.   If you've followed the news the past 2.5 years, you shouldn't have any trouble can figuring it out.
. https://www.nj.com/politics/2019/08/murphy-administration-staffer-fired-after-anti-semitic-facebook-posts-surface.html

Because you and all the others strangely missed it.

And it's not a joke.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19198 on: August 22, 2019, 09:15:58 AM »

Still do.

It's not how we treat them.

Really?
How do we treat them?

Threaten to release ISIS fighters back into their countries if we don’t get paid off.

For a start.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19199 on: August 22, 2019, 09:17:33 AM »

"Danish prime minister's comment on Greenland sale was inappropriate"

Discuss.

Trump and his supporters are snowflakes who want to dish out insults with impunity but then act all scandalized when a fraction of that is sent back their way.

Discuss.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020
Pages: 1 ... 1278 1279 [1280] 1281 1282 ... 4288