Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1612436 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19200 on: August 22, 2019, 09:20:44 AM »

Trump: A dangerous and delusional raving psychotic madman desperate to distract the public from the chaos he created and which will likely consume him.

Discuss

You left out pathological liar.   Which, because of its apparent contagiousness among the GOP coalition, may be a particularly dangerous aspect.   

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19201 on: August 22, 2019, 09:29:04 AM »

When Trump states a figure at 500 million and it is really 420 million is that what you consider a lie?

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #19202 on: August 22, 2019, 09:39:37 AM »

POWER corrupts.

First you add words to my posts that aren't mine, now you want to censor my links?

Heh - sad.

Republicans spread malware.

Your post is suspect.

You are obviously all fucked up.

No one wants what you got.

Fuck off, Wimpy.

The 49% Trump approval is what to him was "suspect"  - which to Josh is another way of saying "dont post that pro Trump shit around here!"

Heh

I'd say it's BIDEN central around here but

a)  nobody here wants to admit they support/like Joe
b)  Joe hasnt really taken the reins, has he?
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 09:41:10 AM by kiidcarter8 »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #19203 on: August 22, 2019, 09:40:25 AM »

http s://docs.google (dot) com/spreadsheets/d/e/2PACX-1vSsq6n4lTn3pNfoKBrHdLDZVs8XSmHLD9qtGhHbEiDyU57aTiQeVWGiWf5Znx8QG_hqXIQCGFgXLP8M/pubhtml/sheet?headers=false&gid=0
« Last Edit: August 27, 2019, 12:27:00 AM by josh »

barton

« Reply #19204 on: August 22, 2019, 09:43:39 AM »

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/elections/faithless-elector-court-ruling-just-changed-how-we-pick-our-n1044961?fbclid=IwAR1H4WzbwG2wsUsBj2MBwSh1j17YutYvLBgmj6vhmg0A8Dt1bV7QUd2THTg

States cannot remove a faithless elector and discard his vote, regardless of their laws.

IOW, electors under this ruling have complete autonomy in their voting, largely disenfranchising the voter.

This should go to scotus.   And further demonstrates the stupidity of the EC system.   Not every line in the Constitution is a gem of wisdom.   That's why a living document needs interpretation and sometimes amending.   

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19205 on: August 22, 2019, 09:53:23 AM »

When Trump states a figure at 500 million and it is really 420 million is that what you consider a lie?

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/21/politics/fact-check-trump-11-false-claims-greenland/index.html

Running to the forum after you see this and saying "Trump kicked ass today!" without verifying or understanding if anything he said was actually true is one thing.

Not caring that the things he said are untrue and just riding the high because the things he said made you feel good, is just sad.
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19206 on: August 22, 2019, 10:01:23 AM »

The 49% Trump approval is what to him was "suspect"  - which to Josh is another way of saying "dont post that pro Trump shit around here!"

Heh

a) a poll showing Trump has 49% approval is suspect, yes.  We've covered it well here why that is. 

b) Biden is not my preferred candidate.  His current lead is name recognition, "electability" and the hope that he would return the country to the normalcy of teh Obama Administration after four years of the US being run by an incompetent buffoon.  While those numbers may hold, I'm not sure that all of those reasons are valid.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19207 on: August 22, 2019, 10:05:52 AM »

"Danish prime minister's comment on Greenland sale was inappropriate"

Discuss.

Trump and his supporters are snowflakes who want to dish out insults with impunity but then act all scandalized when a fraction of that is sent back their way.

Discuss.

So...they're like you.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19208 on: August 22, 2019, 10:06:34 AM »

Turning to the personal, in recent days I have spoken to three individuals  (2 of whom are very close to me) who have told me that if Biden is the nominee they won't vote.  That concerns me. 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19209 on: August 22, 2019, 10:08:30 AM »

Heh

a) a poll showing Trump has 49% approval is suspect, yes.  We've covered it well here why that is. 

b) Biden is not my preferred candidate.  His current lead is name recognition, "electability" and the hope that he would return the country to the normalcy of teh Obama Administration after four years of the US being run by an incompetent buffoon.  While those numbers may hold, I'm not sure that all of those reasons are valid.

Yeah. Who wants a candidate that could get elected and return us to normalcy? Typical of the extreme let of the Democratic Party.

HamiltonIII

• View Profile
« Reply #19210 on: August 22, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »

Turning to the personal, in recent days I have spoken to three individuals  (2 of whom are very close to me) who have told me that if Biden is the nominee they won't vote.  That concerns me.

Amazing insight.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19211 on: August 22, 2019, 10:11:08 AM »

I like to keep things simple so you'll understand. 
« Last Edit: August 22, 2019, 10:15:04 AM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19212 on: August 22, 2019, 10:13:38 AM »

"Danish prime minister's comment on Greenland sale was inappropriate"

Discuss.

Trump and his supporters are snowflakes who want to dish out insults with impunity but then act all scandalized when a fraction of that is sent back their way.

Discuss.

So...they're like you.

This is literally a "I know you are but what am I" post, with zero basis in anything that has happened on this forum.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19213 on: August 22, 2019, 10:15:10 AM »

Heh

Yeah. Who wants a candidate that could get elected and return us to normalcy? Typical of the extreme let of the Democratic Party.

Unsurprisingly, the meaning of my post sailed over your head.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19214 on: August 22, 2019, 10:23:52 AM »

I think there are two sides to the "electability" debate.  On one side the assumption that one needs to be white and male to be elected to our highest office is problematic.  On the other it is undeniably true that if Hillary Clinton was a man she would be our President right now.

The unmitigated disaster that would be another four years of our country being run by an incompetent and corrupt Putin puppet has people nervous.  Rightfully.  But I don't think that means we need to shy away from a candidate that would excite the electorate to vote for him/her, as opposed to it being primarily a vote against Trump.  And you pinpoint why.

Plus, if the economy was on an upward trajectory I would say that despite historically low approval ratings Trump is a threat to win in 2020.  Unfortunately I don't see the economic outlook a year from now being better than it is now.  A candidate with a 42% approval who needed 46% to squeak out a victory against a candidate who was, frankly, not that great a campaigner...if that holds the "electability" of the Democratic candidate will not be a factor.
Pages: 1 ... 1279 1280 [1281] 1282 1283 ... 4288