Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1880068 times)

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Banning
« Reply #19695 on: August 29, 2019, 08:41:07 PM »

I have attempted to impose a ban on the poster known as HamiltonIII.

As we all know, sometimes people can work around the bans because I cannot broadly ban many a given IP address without impacting others among you. I have attempted to address that, as well, but we will see whether that effort is successful.

If you see a new post from somebody that you are pretty sure is him, flag it and I will take a look as soon as I can.

Regretfully,

Josh

Thats a bad call

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #19696 on: August 29, 2019, 08:44:00 PM »

Leaning Bernie

I will certainly give him a deserved look

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19697 on: August 29, 2019, 08:51:51 PM »

As we all know, sometimes people can work around the bans because I cannot broadly ban many a given IP address without impacting others among you. I have attempted to address that, as well, but we will see whether that effort is successful.

If you see a new post from somebody that you are pretty sure is him, flag it and I will take a look as soon as I can.

Regretfully,

Josh

Thats a bad call

You are welcome to your opinion and I encourage you to take it up with Liq, Kid.

If you would like to plead Ham's case to me in private, go ahead and do so. I will read whatever you send and give you a reasoned response.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19698 on: August 29, 2019, 08:53:43 PM »

No, thanks.

He's one of us.  That should be enough.

barton

« Reply #19699 on: August 29, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »

Seriously WTF is wrong with these people?

Calling them short-sighted souless evil motherfuckers doesn't quite capture how short-sighted these souless evil motherfuckers are....

Ignorant SSSEMFers.  Methane, depending on concentration and ambient conditions has 20-80 times the potency of CO2 as a GHG.   Sadly, this is also a compelling reason to grow millet instead of rice (paddies produce mucho methane) and avoid beef, also things the human race seems not ready to do. 

The US could be taking a leadership role in all this, but we have an administration that has enshrined invincible ignorance.   

barton

« Reply #19700 on: August 29, 2019, 09:13:33 PM »

Thats a bad call

Josh,

I also have some doubts.   Ham delivers the kind of open race baiting that you don't see much nowadays - he doesn't even bother code switching.   To me, that's something kind of useful to watch, to get an idea of what sort of shit is in people's heads out there. 

I would actually like to engage with him on posts like "It means you suck at raising your boys to be men."  I would like to get a better handle on where that is coming from - is it some unpleasant experience he had in formative years? or something driven by the six o'clock news? or someone playing amateur social scientist with an emotional need to look down on a group?  or something else, maybe scratching an itch to be flamboyantly non PC?  All of the above?  None of the above?   

barton

« Reply #19701 on: August 29, 2019, 09:32:53 PM »

Court okay ban on Atheists delivering opening prayers in PA's legislature.

This is one of those rare cases where I could actually see the opining judge's point, philosophically having some merit.  Atheists, by definition, do not believe in the power of prayer.   Prayer, by definition, is an appeal to a higher power (or for Buddhists, to the oneness of all being).  An atheist could certainly offer an illuminating vision of human aspiration and secular moral principle, but that's not really what the word "prayer" means.   If I were an atheist, I would be quite happy not to have my statement construed as prayer.   Many well known atheists, including Christopher Hitchens, have stated in strong clear terms that they see prayer as an inherently false and ineffectual appeal to superstition.  I think most atheists would be okay with having no part of a ceremonial prayer.   

(I'm agnostic, so my prayers are mostly, "uh, hello?  in case anyone's tuned into this frequency, could you by any chance....")

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19702 on: August 29, 2019, 09:33:01 PM »

Cocoa Gauf showing Serena how to act.

dick.

If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

LarryBnDC

• View Profile
    • The Shinbone Star
« Reply #19703 on: August 29, 2019, 09:38:12 PM »

Thats a bad call

Josh,

I also have some doubts.   Ham delivers the kind of open race baiting that you don't see much nowadays - he doesn't even bother code switching.   To me, that's something kind of useful to watch, to get an idea of what sort of shit is in people's heads out there. 

I would actually like to engage with him on posts like "It means you suck at raising your boys to be men."  I would like to get a better handle on where that is coming from - is it some unpleasant experience he had in formative years? or something driven by the six o'clock news? or someone playing amateur social scientist with an emotional need to look down on a group?  or something else, maybe scratching an itch to be flamboyantly non PC?  All of the above?  None of the above?

I don’t give a fuck what makes him such a racist asshole.
If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you.

Lyndon Johnson

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19704 on: August 29, 2019, 09:54:44 PM »

Cocoa Gauf showing Serena how to act.

Next up is Osaka if she gets by tonight (on now - ESPN2)

You truly are a racist motherfucker. Not even trying to hide it, are you?
"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19705 on: August 29, 2019, 10:25:11 PM »

No, thanks.

He's one of us.  That should be enough.
and

Thats a bad call

Josh,

I would actually like to engage with him on posts...

A poster who repeatedly attempts to reveal the name and residence of another poster, even after he has said he would stop, is not "one of us" to me, despite his having been around the NYT message boards far longer than I.

That he has threatened me with the same, going so far as to post my picture and (attempt to) talk about my private life just exacerbates the problem.

He was given warning after warning. He either chose not to change or could not change. Either way, he had gone over the top too many times.

Kid, if Bankshot is willing to have him back then I'll probably undo the ban - but also, I will probably not stay, myself. He is too volatile, IMO.

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19706 on: August 29, 2019, 10:25:53 PM »

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19707 on: August 29, 2019, 10:45:32 PM »

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19708 on: August 29, 2019, 10:58:01 PM »

Thats a bad call

Josh,

There is no reason to explore the psychological underpinnings of a troll's posts.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: 1 ... 1312 1313 [1314] 1315 1316 ... 4288