Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1876517 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19830 on: September 03, 2019, 09:41:31 PM »

One of those nations allows few people to carry guns.  The other one, pretty much anyone can have any kind of gun they want, short of a bazooka or grenade launcher. 
the right of an individual guaranteed by the US Constitution.

No, it's guaranteed by one of the lamer comparatively recent SCOTUS decisions in the last couple decades. If the McConnell Court-packing gets undone in the future, so does that.
Your research is pretty lame.

SCOTUS on the 2nd Amendment

Dred Scott v. Sandford, 60 U.S. 393 (1857)
United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1876)
Presser v. Illinois, 116 U.S. 252 (1886)
Miller v. Texas, 153 U.S. 535 (1894)
Robertson v. Baldwin, 165 U.S. 275 (1897)
United States v. Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939)
Lewis v. United States, 445 U.S. 55 (1980)
United States v. Verdugo-Urquidez, 494 U.S. 259 (1990)
Casey v. Planned Parenthood, 503 U.S. 833 (1992)

"last couple decades"

2019 - 20 years = 1999.

But okay, let's go back 30 years. You listed 2. I'd add a few you skipped, but...

"one of the lamer comparatively recent SCOTUS decisions"

Not the lamest. Not in history.

I was briefly inpressed that you had offered evidence to support your position and I was expecting you to try to support Heller, but you wisely didn't do that.

OTOH, you unwisely chose to ignore what I did write.

Wrong, again, Ward.
LOL
I don’t need to ignore what you wrote.
SCOTUS long ago settled the Constitutionality of the 2nd Amendment

I do not think you thought this one through. The Constitionality of the 2nd Amendment was settled by its ratification. The applicability of the 2nd Amendment beyond regular organized militias to individuals and the incorporation of the 2nd Amendment against the states were both decided by the SCOTUS in cases of first impression in the 2000s.
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19831 on: September 03, 2019, 09:50:37 PM »

One of those nations allows few people to carry guns.  The other one, pretty much anyone can have any kind of gun they want, short of a bazooka or grenade launcher. 

No, it's guaranteed by one of the lamer comparatively recent SCOTUS decisions in the last couple decades. If the McConnell Court-packing gets undone in the future, so does that.

"last couple decades"

2019 - 20 years = 1999.

But okay, let's go back 30 years. You listed 2. I'd add a few you skipped, but...

I was briefly inpressed that you had offered evidence to support your position and I was expecting you to try to support Heller, but you wisely didn't do that.

Wrong, again, Ward.
LOL

I do not think you thought this one through. The Constitionality of the 2nd Amendment was settled by its ratification. The applicability of the 2nd Amendment beyond regular organized militias to individuals and the incorporation of the 2nd Amendment against the states were both decided by the SCOTUS in cases of first impression in the 2000s.
Uh, no.
The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19832 on: September 03, 2019, 09:53:08 PM »

"last couple decades"

2019 - 20 years = 1999.

Wrong, again, Ward.
LOL

Which still has nothing to do with the Heller decision which is about whether the right of individuals to own guns is tied to militias or not.

But you don't care about that because it would undermine your position.

p.s. Claiming Dred Scot supports your position is really stupid, not because it does or does not.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19833 on: September 03, 2019, 09:54:03 PM »

"last couple decades"

2019 - 20 years = 1999.

Wrong, again, Ward.
LOL

Uh, no.
The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.
Uh, no. You have no idea what you are saying. And neither, for that matter, does espnthree.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2019, 09:55:52 PM by Hairy Lime »
"Not that others should have relief while you are burdened, but that as a matter of equality your abundance at the present time should supply their needs, so that their abundance may also supply your needs, that there may be equality."

2 Corinthians 8:13-14

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19834 on: September 03, 2019, 09:57:21 PM »

https://t.co/tRtqZyeYQV?fbclid=IwAR0Dlgu8Hmt1TdokVlawE-UAkBMOMMppe6UuxcYWkRasVzB7QJk-L-ChtWA

Scientists must act on our own warnings to humanity

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/115409735/temperature-high-up-in-atmosphere-above-antarctica-sets-record?fbclid=IwAR2QC8I8vg9-axbff2VjKeu6_Gq8m2TuqOIFvgLX4fWXFfZiEEkzF0ph-a0

Temperature high up in atmosphere above Antarctica sets record
Rapid warming high above Antarctica is a 'fascinating event' and uncharted territory for experts:
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19835 on: September 03, 2019, 09:58:04 PM »

"last couple decades"

2019 - 20 years = 1999.

Wrong, again, Ward.
LOL

Uh, no.
Uh, no. You have no idea what you are saying.
Yes. I do.
Why is ESPN3 speaking for Red?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19836 on: September 03, 2019, 10:15:26 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19837 on: September 03, 2019, 10:17:58 PM »

bambu.

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19840 on: September 03, 2019, 10:43:47 PM »

The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.  RedStageWarJimESPN3 and 4 and 5

The Comstitution was ratified by 9 of the 13 states BEFORE the Bill of Rights (including the 2nd Amendment) was written.  Something that didn't exist was KEY to the US Constitution being
Ratified?
Yep.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19841 on: September 03, 2019, 11:09:17 PM »

The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.  RedStageWarJimESPN3 and 4 and 5

The Comstitution was ratified by 9 of the 13 states BEFORE the Bill of Rights (including the 2nd Amendment) was written.  Something that didn't exist was KEY to the US Constitution being
Ratified?
Yep.

Yep?  Try NOPE!
Nope.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19842 on: September 03, 2019, 11:27:49 PM »

Before and after pictures from the Bahamas:

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19843 on: September 03, 2019, 11:40:34 PM »

Uh, no.

The US Constitution was ratified on June 21, 1788.

The 2nd Amendment (which was the 4th one put up, not the 2nd) was proposed on Sept. 25, 1789, along with 11 others. It was not ratified until Dec. 15, 1791, nearly 3 and a half years after the Constitution.

No, the subsequently enumerated 2nd Amendment was not key to the ratification of the Constitution.

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19844 on: September 03, 2019, 11:42:26 PM »

If you said that to anyone but a shit eating troll, they would agree.
Will the Supreme Court grant trump work release to attend the republican national convention?

For a successful technology, reality must take precedence over public relations, for Nature cannot be fooled.

Richard P. Feynman
Pages: 1 ... 1321 1322 [1323] 1324 1325 ... 4288