Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1883630 times)

barton

Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19905 on: September 04, 2019, 08:29:26 PM »

This is where we are now.

Trump makes a false claim about Dorian threatening Alabama.
The National Weather Service, along with multiple other sources, corrects him.
Rather than say he was mistaken, or say nothing, Trump doubles down on the false claim on a number of different occasions.
Trump gets called out again for repeating the false claim.
So as Dorian continues to threaten lives in states on the East Coast, Trump holds a news conference in the Oval in order to present an obviously doctored map with a magic marker circle around Alabama and claims this was the original forecast.
Meanwhile the original NOAA map he used clearly shows no such black line, nor any threat to Alabama.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics/donald-trump-hurricane-alabama-map/index.html

Our "president' is seriously completely bonkers.
But he never lies.

Asked whether the black line over Alabama was made with a permanent marker, Trump said, "I don't know. I don't know."

Our "president" is a walking Monty Python skit.

I think the US has been sold a dead parrot.  But maybe it's just pining for the fjords.

It is remarkable that a country founded on the rejection of a deranged king (porphyria, or just full-blown psychosis, that's still being debated) has never used section four.   And is quite unwilling to implement it for what seems like a textbook case.   I'm not sure the crafters of the 25th really thought it through when they made the procedure so dependent on the VP and cabinet.   A cabinet of lackeys is not going to do the best job of it.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19906 on: September 04, 2019, 08:33:24 PM »

https://t.co/I8aC6cIxWq?amp=1&fbclid=IwAR3Bd5eYrakiiP-fpv5PTWSGl8XkjV6van3OmLpTv-Oy322cAKp567Ako64

"The Trump administration has proposed a change in the way the federal government measures poverty. On the surface, this proposal may appear to be an innocuous, technical adjustment. It’s not. Instead, this change would dramatically reduce the number of people who qualify for vital basic assistance programs, including Medicaid, children’s health care and food assistance."
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19907 on: September 04, 2019, 08:35:35 PM »

Race or racism has nothing to do with anything I posted nor anyone I quoted.

You should read the quotes you post before you post them.
Whatever that is supposed to mean.
It means that before you post.a quote, you should read it.
I always do.

You don't even read what you write, Ward, let alone comprehend it.

You're the guy who wrote this, after all!
The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19908 on: September 04, 2019, 09:04:54 PM »

I always do.

The ratification of the Constitution( of which the 2nd Amendment was a key) was upheld by SCOTUS in the cases I cited.
Which is absolutely true.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19909 on: September 04, 2019, 09:16:00 PM »

The SCOTUS had no role in "ratification" of the Constitution. Perhaps you're looking for another word. You can admit error. We're all friends.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19910 on: September 04, 2019, 09:18:36 PM »

But we'd better run this past Ward - he provides us with his special window into what black Americans think.

ROCK HILL, S.C. — A generational divide among black voters is persisting in the Democratic primary — between the two old white men.

Joe Biden has amassed a staggering lead among older African Americans, commanding nearly two-thirds support of black voters 65 and older in the most recent Morning Consult poll. Bernie Sanders is the favorite of black millennials, though his margin with that group is much smaller. Among all black voters, Biden is leading Sanders, 41 percent to 20 percent.

Politico- September 2, 2019

Millennials came of age with Obama and Biden was his wingman. Boomers know Biden for decades and like him in spite of his policy fuck ups because we know his heart is in the right place.

Bernie came along and millennials had a choice between a guy who challenged the status quo or HRC who represented status quo yet HRC whipped his ass in the primary.

So right now Bernie and Biden have the advantage of big time name recognition and familiarity’s. Both are probably gonna lose to Warren whose organization is formidable.

LarryB September 4, 2019
Both Bernie and Warren are left of Blacks. Their policies on immigration and student loan  forgiveness just two examples.

Do tell...
Matt Yglesias of Vox notes:
“In the past five years, white liberals have moved so far to the left on questions of race and racism that they are now, on these issues, to the left of even the typical black voter. This change amounts to a ‘Great Awokening.’”

Remember the black-face photo of the Governor of Virginia? Nearly every white liberal from Nancy Pelosi on down screamed that the the Governor should resign. But the majority of blacks in Virginia wanted him to stay as their Governor.   And so he has.

Because he is a Democrat and they don’t want to give the GOP control of the Commonwealth after they busted their asses to win. They already lost the legislature by literally drawing the wrong number from a fucking hat. The trifecta of triple scandals exploding around the top three leaders of the commonwealth at the same time...? To quote Clay Davis, “Sheeeeeeeittt!”

Black folks know exactly what the GOP is and that’s why Republicans move heaven and earth to keep us out of the ballot booth.

Northam might be an asshole but he’s our asshole, dig? He survived by the grace of the black constituency and he knows where the bread is buttered.

Old fashioned politics.
Old fashioned thinking by you.
The liberal white elites seem to think any youthful discretion is cause for political exile.
Virginia blacks take a more common sense approach to their perception of adult job performance.
Which is why I argue the elites are far more left than the black voters they covet.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19911 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:23 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2019/09/04/politics/republican-wisconsin-representative-jim-sensenbrenner-retire/index.html

Jim Sensenbrenner is retiring. "Earlier on Wednesday, Texas Rep. Bill Flores said that he would not run for reelection. And on Friday, Illinois Rep. John Shimkus had revealed he would leave Congress as well."

Three in less than a week.

5 in Texas, so far. 2 in Wisconsin.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19912 on: September 04, 2019, 09:21:54 PM »

Perhaps you're looking for language like "the cases I cited upheld certain law as being consistent with (or not violative of) the Second Amendment."  But "ratify"? You're wrong. Educator.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19913 on: September 04, 2019, 09:24:01 PM »

The SCOTUS had no role in "ratification" of the Constitution. Perhaps you're looking for another word. You can admit error. We're all friends.
Pick any word you want.
If my post confuses you a question of clarification is appreciated.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #19914 on: September 04, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »

Educators need to impress on students the importance of using the correct words. C'mon Red, say it: "ratification" is wrong.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19915 on: September 04, 2019, 09:27:07 PM »

I always do.

Which is absolutely true.

The cases you cited said nothing about the ratification of the Constitution.

You might try reading The Documentary History of the Ratification of the Constitution.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19916 on: September 04, 2019, 10:05:52 PM »

Pick any word you want.

Okay.

Why do you seem unable to admit mistakes?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19917 on: September 04, 2019, 10:06:48 PM »

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19918 on: September 04, 2019, 10:10:52 PM »

Pick any word you want.

Okay.

Why do you seem unable to admit mistakes?
what mistake did I make. ?
The second amendment has rock solid endorsement from SCOTUS.
Are you not paying attention? 

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19919 on: September 04, 2019, 10:12:20 PM »

Pages: 1 ... 1326 1327 [1328] 1329 1330 ... 4288