Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

What do you expect on Wednesday?

Reports of protests are overblown. A few incidents around the country, but nothing major.
- 5 (45.5%)
A few major incidents in capitals, but nothing much in DC.
- 5 (45.5%)
A major incident in DC, but nothing much around the country.
- 0 (0%)
More than 10 capitals have major upheavals, but nothing much in DC.
- 0 (0%)
A major incident in DC plus more than 10 capitals with significant upheavals.
- 1 (9.1%)
More than half the capitals around the country have problems with protesters, but DC is quiet.
- 0 (0%)
DC has major problems, while more than half the capitals around the country also have considerable trouble with protesters.
- 0 (0%)
Huge disruption to the day.
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: January 19, 2021, 10:49:21 PM

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 4288

Author Topic: Trump Administration  (Read 1984758 times)

Yankguy1

• View Profile
Re: Trump Administration
« Reply #19965 on: September 05, 2019, 09:26:53 PM »

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/local/fort-campbell/2019/09/05/fort-campbell-middle-school-loses-funding-build-trump-border-wall/2220255001/?fbclid=IwAR0HPqXL4kxLnaX__0fMcTO91R4Mt_0048LWaauC3F31tjEBIh2ogMoawXM

Among the projects that have lost their funding because of the stupid wall.

Some daycares, too.
As long as the U.S. has secure enough borders to make Australian pensioners happy then the money spent on a wall is worth it.
"I've been in and out, I've been up and down.  I don't want to go until I've been all around."--Jack Bruce

facilitatorn

• Bust oligopolies not unions.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19966 on: September 05, 2019, 09:45:04 PM »

Australian pensioners are only happy when they are sneaking up on some poor unsuspecting sheep.
Republicans will deliver only poverty and world war

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #19967 on: September 05, 2019, 10:06:57 PM »

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/progressivesecularhumanist/2019/08/christian-activist-when-they-attack-white-supremacy-theyre-attacking-christianity/?utm_medium=social&utm_source=share_bar&fbclid=IwAR3vsBlXpTY3NsizcE9PbeQrzY_nqRSQYQW6Y9DrWp9VSZ2HRtxxU19cdlM#FbfyojmlfjQB8HH5.01

Christian Activist: When They Attack White Supremacy, They Attack Christianity

"The roots of this country," she said. She's right that white supremacy is at the root of this country, but it's not about Christianity, just white supremacy.
ALERT!
Patheos is a known conveyor of viruses.
You’d think a “ moderator” would know this.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19968 on: September 05, 2019, 10:10:41 PM »

Off-topic:

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19969 on: September 05, 2019, 10:32:47 PM »

In Massachusetts, while one Senator runs for president, the other is being primaried by 2 and possibly 3 other candidates.

I got a letter from one asking me to take a poll. I took it and as soon as I did that, I got a request for money.

So, I asked him why he thought he would be a better senator and also what he would do to be effective if McConnell is still in charge of the Senate.

I got back a bit about his bio and how driven he is to make a difference in the lives of the disadvantaged, but he is still formulating positions through talking with citizens like me.

Today I got a request for me to go to a reception held by another of the challengers, so I sent her the same questions I sent him. Maybe she will answer them, but given that her website, too, has no positions on it, I am skeptical.

Eventually I will send the same note to Joe Kennedy, if he does more to indicate he is running than take out papers. He, at least, has some positions, but he's already in Congress, so that is only to be expected.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19970 on: September 05, 2019, 10:36:45 PM »

Yahoo News is reporting the FBI has been monitoring groups protesting U.S. immigration policy at the border. The FBI Phoenix office has reportedly been tracking the social media accounts of targeted groups and sent an intelligence memo to other law enforcement agencies saying the protesters were armed and “using lethal force.” But almost all the evidence presented in their report involved nonviolent activity.

News, Ward.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19971 on: September 05, 2019, 11:05:24 PM »

https://www.newsweek.com/texas-shootings-gun-policy-1457936?fbclid=IwAR1VRdFUOumguemzGbXPAvmVPM0LJnqvYpujO2PyryHubQ1gYMxSesfH6XQ

Texas Attorney General reportedly stayed quiet for months as a gun owner sent his office threats to kill immigrants

And did nothing about it - after all, it's only immigrants, right?

More news, Ward.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19973 on: September 06, 2019, 12:51:06 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #19974 on: September 06, 2019, 01:10:45 AM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19976 on: September 06, 2019, 01:25:21 AM »

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/sep/05/mike-pence-ireland-shat-on-the-carpet

Not a man with a future in politics. Not much of a man at all really.

facilitatorn

• View Profile
« Reply #19977 on: September 06, 2019, 01:27:45 AM »

http://www.vox.com/2019/9/5/20851538/soulcycle-boycott-attendance-down-data-earnest

Fuck self serving plutocrats. They should take a lesson and sit out this cycle.

NeedsAdjustments

• View Profile
« Reply #19978 on: September 06, 2019, 08:51:15 AM »

The GOP respecting our democracy:

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/09/06/republicans-cancel-primaries-trump-challengers-1483126

The Trump Administration honors and respects our troops and their families:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/09/05/us/trump-border-wall-military-families.html

And of course, Trump has nothing but the greatest respect for the truth:

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-black-sharpie-hurricane-dorian-map-edit-2019-9

And the Trump supporters here can't imagine why anyone would have any problem with the way America is being run right now.

"When you have 15 people, and the 15 within a couple of days is going to be down to close to zero, that's a pretty good job we've done."  -  The impeached "president" on Feb 27, 2020

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #19979 on: September 06, 2019, 10:22:09 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 1330 1331 [1332] 1333 1334 ... 4288