Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: Education  (Read 7659 times)

Administrator

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Education
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:18:28 PM »

Who needs it? Discuss.

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
Re: Education
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2018, 07:54:45 PM »

Antelope Valley College’s Aircraft Fabrication & Assembly Rapid Training Program. This program is a great partnership between AVC and local community partners. Cohorts of 24 students take classes in compressed 8 week sessions, gaining valuable hands on training in aircraft fabrication while earning transferrable college credits. The program is rigorous with students spending well beyond 40 hours per week in this classroom and lab setting. With two cohorts, classes begin at 6:30 a.m. and end at 10 pm, six days per week. The program has a 90% job placement rate.

Link...

https://www.avc.edu/

Salute,

Tony V.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2019, 07:59:34 PM »

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/01/hampshire-college-seeking-long-term-partner-amid-financial-challenges-may-not-admit-freshman-class-this-year.html?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=masslivedotcom_sf

The notion of a college's announcing they may not admit their freshman class, after many colleges' admissions deadlines have come and gone, seems suboptimal. Then again, so does the announcement until and unless they are ready to reduce their chance of surviving.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
College closing, more threatened
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2019, 10:05:30 PM »

https://www.masslive.com/news/2019/01/hampshire-college-seeking-long-term-partner-amid-financial-challenges-may-not-admit-freshman-class-this-year.html?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=masslivedotcom_sf

The notion of a college's announcing they may not admit their freshman class, after many colleges' admissions deadlines have come and gone, seems suboptimal. Then again, so does the announcement until and unless they are ready to reduce their chance of surviving.

https://www.educationdive.com/news/vermonts-green-mountain-college-to-close-and-more-are-on-the-rocks/547082/
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

FlyingVProd

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2019, 05:23:33 PM »

The leader of I-Source Leadership Training, Tim Randolph, just died. He was friends with my buddy Jon, and Jon and my Uncle Dennis were the ones who got me involved with leadership training. I went through Basic Leadership Training, and Advanced Leadership Training, with I-Source.

The workshops were all about learning to take responsibility and stop blaming others, and being a person of your word, and being a giver, and coming from a place of abundance. There were other aspects too, such as forgiving your parents, and loving yourself, and after the Basic Training many people dressed in white because they felt fresh and clean. It was pretty heavy duty training, it was powerful stuff.

I am glad that I went to Leadership Training, it was good for me, and Tim Randolph was a cool guy, who helped a lot of people.

May Tim rest in peace.

Salute,

Tony V.

« Last Edit: February 22, 2019, 05:47:38 PM by FlyingVProd »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2019, 02:22:46 PM »

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/03/190315110913.htm

40% of all studies of methods to improve teaching fail to provide useful data.

Hey, that's a lower percentage than I would have guessed!

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2019, 08:44:17 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Educational child abuse
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2019, 11:49:40 PM »

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Pages: [1] 2 3