Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
September 22, 2017, 11:54:02 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  
Author Topic: Western Europe  (Read 47877 times)
bambu
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #90 on: April 29, 2016, 09:04:01 PM »

There's no 'Eastern Europe' forum so I'll post this here;

http://www.msn.com/en-au/news/world/bulgarian-town-bans-women-from-wearing-full-face-veils/ar-BBslqjQ

The central Bulgarian town of Pazardzhik has banned the wearing of full-face veils in public in a move the local government said would prevent tension among communities and boost security.

The ban on Wednesday, the first of its kind in the Balkan country, was backed from politicians across the political spectrum in the town of some 70,000 people, where wearing full-face veils had become common among some women from the Muslim Roma minority.

#####

Good idea...not having people in society with their faces covered.

Peace...and God bless the kuffar.
FlyingVProd
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: July 28, 2017, 06:43:21 AM »

Shakespeare at Rome's Globe Theatre
From 22 Jun 2017 to 15 Oct 2017

http://www.wantedinrome.com/whatson/shakespeare-at-romes-globe-theatre-4.html

-------

Salute,

Tony V.
FlyingVProd
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: July 28, 2017, 06:55:11 AM »

An American Sequel To Cinecittà's Dolce Vita
By JASON HOROWITZ
JUNE 25, 2003

http://www.nytimes.com/2003/06/25/movies/an-american-sequel-to-cinecitta-s-dolce-vita.html

--------------

Salute,

Tony V.
FlyingVProd
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: July 28, 2017, 07:44:27 AM »

When I was in Rome I met an actress who was part of a theatre group, and they were doing Moliere in Italian. I wish I could have attended a performance before I came back to America.

They have great Opera in Rome, and they have good Theatre, and Cinecitta is great, etc. I lived right across the street from the Saint Louis School of Music, and Italy has a vibrant music scene.

Salute,

Tony V.
FlyingVProd
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: July 28, 2017, 08:39:17 AM »

I met a lady when I lived at the Oban Hotel in Hollywood, California, who said that she was Federico Fellini's niece, her boyfriend was a guy named Jon Bellini, and we called them the "Bellini and Fellini show," they were very funny. They threw a party for me on my Birthday. She told me that if I wanted to make it in the entertainment industry then I needed to drink more, she told me that I did not drink enough. There were some interesting people at the Oban.

And I went to Cinecitta when I was in Rome, I showed up at the front gate with a stack of manila envelopes with headshots and resumes, and I was going to pass out photos and resumes to the production offices, but they would not allow me on the studio lot. Maybe someday I will have a production office at Cinecitta, we will see.

Salute,

Tony V.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7]
  Print  

Jump to: