Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Campaign Trail  (Read 2433 times)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Campaign Trail
« Reply #45 on: February 05, 2020, 02:07:03 PM »

Biden is closer to Klobuchar and 5th place than he is to Warren in 3rd.

But Warren is closer to Klobuchar than she is to Sanders.

Still, at least thus far, only three people look to get any national delegates out of this. And for all that Buttigieg is still behind in raw vote. (Sounds familiar, somehow...) And in that regard, Warren is substantially closer to 1st and 2nd in votes than Biden is to her, let alone Klobuchar.

But it's still only 71+% of the vote.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 08, 2020, 06:37:55 PM »

You mean "wishful thinking forecast," don't you?

I think I am pulling for Biden.

Joe I think can be satisfied LOSING this primary, then he can say, "see, I told you to back me" when Pete or Bernie loses.

And fade off into retirement comfortably, with many thanks for his lifelong service.

Losing the election to Trump might be uglier for him.
- Rest in peace, George Floyd -

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 12, 2020, 12:57:27 PM »

https://www.cnn.com/2020/02/11/opinions/bloomberg-recording-racism-stop-and-frisk-filipovic/index.html

Bloomberg has made so many questionable decisions and statements that one would think he had no chance... except that Trump has shown us that that is not the case.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 12, 2020, 01:30:11 PM »

He is second in national polling and believed to have the biggest staff - known to have the most cash

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2020, 02:31:45 PM »

He is second in national polling and believed to have the biggest staff - known to have the most cash

I don't know what polls you are looking at, but it sure looks like he's third in national polling to me!

I expect that to change if Biden doesn't thrive in the next two states. I expect both Buttigieg and Klobuchar's numbers to climb, as well.

But Bloomberg's rise has prompted the long knives to come out and some of them have teeth.

barton

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2020, 11:38:40 AM »

'Promises keptí mantra doesnít always match Trumpís reality

https://apnews.com/2dd1c6a4413f882e90a1aae1e9e3cc56

If a conservative reader actually reads these fact checks,  and concedes the mismatch,  I may require a defibrillator. 

"History doesn't repeat itself, but it often rhymes. "
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]