Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
October 21, 2017, 02:24:13 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Poll
Question: Is Britney's career over?
Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
  Print  
Author Topic: Celebreality  (Read 6723 times)
Dzimas
Superhero Member

I thought you said your name was Nobody.

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #495 on: June 18, 2008, 05:41:51 AM »

Things seem to be going from bad to worse for poor Brit,

Commissioner Grants Jamie Spears Permission To Sell Britney's Home

LOS ANGELES, Calif. -- Jamie Spears, the father of Britney Spears, was given permission to sell the pop singer's home in Studio City, a Los Angeles court commissioner ruled Tuesday.

During a hearing in a downtown LA courtroom earlier today, Commissioner Reva Goetz also ruled that a July 31 hearing will be used to review evidential matters related to the Britney Spears case, Reuters reported. Specifics were not immediately made available by the courts

http://omg.yahoo.com/commissioner-grants-jamie-spears-permission-to-sell-britneys-home/news/9916?nc

She was such a cute young thing before success hit her like a ton of bricks,

If it wasn't for Madonna's kiss, things might have turned out different?
madupont
Superhero Member

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #496 on: June 18, 2008, 10:45:07 AM »

Just the person I wanted to see, Dzimas.

Saves me from interupting the serious considered opinions of Campaign Forum or Bush Administration for that matter with further info for weezo.

The delicate subject:  Lee: 'Eastwood is an angry old man'
Wednesday, June 11 2008, 09:04 BST

By Beth Hilton, Entertainment Reporter

Spike Lee has hit back at Clint Eastwood for telling him to "shut his face".

The filmmaker accused Eastwood of sounding "like an angry old man" in his response to Lee's accusation that he did not feature enough black actors in his films.

Lee had previously criticised his fellow director for failing to depict any African-American troops in Iwo Jima dramas Flags Of Our Fathers and Letters From Iwo Jima. However, Eastwood insisted that the movies were historically accurate, adding: "A guy like him should shut his face."

Lee told ABC News: "First of all, the man is not my father and we're not on a plantation either. He's a great director. He makes his films, I make my films.

"The thing about it though, I didn't personally attack him. And a comment like 'a guy like that should shut his face' - come on Clint, come on. He sounds like an angry old man right there."

He added: "If he wishes, I could assemble African-American men who fought at Iwo Jima and I'd like him to tell these guys that what they did was insignificant and they did not exist.

"I'm not making this up. I know history. I'm a student of history. And I know the history of Hollywood and its omission of the one million African-American men and women who contributed to World War II."

more:
http://www.boston.com/ae/movies/blog/2008/06/lee_vs_eastwood.html

Now, I'm curious to read that Friday,June 6th. interview of Eastwood at The Guardian (which is sometimes a trip to work with finding anything) but thus far this morning the connection for some mysterious reason does not get through. Do you suppose Bush is back there again, on his tour?

Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #497 on: June 19, 2008, 12:59:10 AM »

To be honest, maddy, I found the whole thing a bit silly for two directors with reputations like they have, but then I remember that Wim Wenders and Francis Ford Coppola went at it over something even more silly years ago, so egos are a very fragile thing even at this level.  I can agree with Spike's point that Black service tends to be overlooked in WWII and that it would have been no skin off Clint's nose to have a black or two in the background to at least show their presence at the famous flag-raising.  But then I haven't seen the movie to really be able to judge the matter.
Dzimas
Superhero Member

View Profile WWW

Ignore
« Reply #498 on: June 24, 2008, 11:05:37 AM »

I think a third option for the poll above could have been, "Does it Matter?"  At some point, dear Brit will reinvent herself and all will be forgiven.  Look how many times Madonna has re-invented herself.  I thought her career was over with Shangai Surprise,

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JIApchGSWTY&feature=related

and for that matter Sean Penn.  Too bad.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2008, 11:11:08 AM by Dzimas » Logged
barton
Superhero Member

View Profile Email

Ignore
« Reply #499 on: September 28, 2017, 12:10:27 PM »

9 years in the future, a lover of Lagomorphic women will die at age 91. 

"Nothing more foolish than a man chasing his hat!"
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34]
  Print  

Jump to: