Escape from Elba
Exiles of the New York Times
October 23, 2017, 06:28:52 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: As you may have noticed, this is a very old backup, I'm still working through restoring the site.  Don't be surprised if you post and it all goes missing....

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
  Print  
Author Topic: Comedy  (Read 5824 times)
MrUtley3
Superhero Member

Willie Randolph's Real Killers

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #405 on: June 24, 2008, 08:50:43 AM »

You know how you're always getting those "heartwarming tales" of miracles in your e-mail.

Well, here's one to pass along to those friends of yours who forward you those tear-jerkers:

They say Elephants never forget...

Believe me, this is worth the read until the very end!

In 1986, Peter Davies was on holiday in Kenya after graduating from Northwestern University .   On a hike through the bush, he came across a young bull elephant standing with one leg raised in the air. The elephant seemed distressed, so Peter approached it very carefully.

He got down on one knee and inspected the elephant's foot and found a large piece of wood deeply embedded in it. As carefully and as gently as he could, Peter worked the wood out with his hunting knife, after which the elephant gingerly put down its foot.  The elephant turned to face the man, and with a rather curious look on its face, stared at him for several tense moments.  Peter stood frozen, thinking of nothing else but being trampled.  Eventually the elephant trumpeted loudly, turned, and walked away.   Peter never forgot that elephant or the events of that day.

Twenty years later, Peter was walking through the Chicago Zoo with his teenaged son.   As they approached the elephant enclosure, one of the creatures turned and walked over to near where Peter and his son Cameron were standing.  The large bull elephant stared at Peter, lifted its front foot off the ground, then put it down.  The elephant did that several times then trumpeted loudly, all the while staring at the man.

Remembering the encounter in 1986, Peter couldn't help wondering if this was the same elephant.  Peter summoned up his courage, climbed over the railing and made his way into the enclosure.  He walked right up to the elephant and stared back in wonder.  The elephant trumpeted again, wrapped its trunk around one of Peter legs and slammed his stupid ass against the railing, killing him instantly.

Probably wasn't the same elephant.   

This is for all of my friends who send me those heart-warming stories.

"That guy over there played with Ty Cobb," said Phillies bench coach Jimy Williams, pointing to Chase Utley. "He's been here before."  quoted in the Boston Globe
KBY

View Profile

Ignore
« Reply #406 on: June 24, 2008, 09:21:38 AM »

brilliant!!

I get a lot of those emails from my sister-in-law unfortunately  Wink

Like all dreamers I confuse disenchantment with truth
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28]
  Print  

Jump to: