Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166300 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #2940 on: January 03, 2021, 10:57:31 PM »

Josh is such a debating phallus he wont even agree on a basic - really inarguable - point.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: January 03, 2021, 10:58:11 PM »

What was that about Pittsburgh, phallus?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: January 03, 2021, 11:18:21 PM »

Josh is such a debating phallus he wont even agree on a basic - really inarguable - point.

Hahahahahaha!

It's like you haven't been watching the game, having made up your mind.

The Eagles sure look like they've been playing on defense, Kid.

But you cannot agree on a simple factual point. You cannot admit you were wrong.

Nothing new here, either.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: January 03, 2021, 11:19:57 PM »

Ignorance on my part.

I thought your "parlay" meant you were betting on them to win.

How exciting for you that you predicted them to win, beating the spread, and only the latter point mattered.

Make it back to .500 for the year?
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: January 03, 2021, 11:30:29 PM »

12-4, 9-7

Week 15 stumble be damned - reeled it in ok at the end

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: January 03, 2021, 11:36:23 PM »

Nice job by ESPN's Tim Hasselbeck - comparing how HOUSTON handled their meaningless game vs Titans (kept Watson in, took late lead), who needed a win, with what Eagles' Pederson just did

I hope a few Eagles leave the team over this -

TH also relays how it was a phuck you to the league, who had moved their game to prime time

Excellent but short segment with Kenny Mayne, who asked alll the right questions.

Of course Collinsworth was the best

"I just couldnt do what the Eagles did tonight..."

"I may get myself fired here but......"

True pro, CC

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: January 03, 2021, 11:48:30 PM »

Nice job by ESPN's Tim Hasselbeck - comparing how HOUSTON handled their meaningless game vs Titans (kept Watson in, took late lead), who needed a win, with what Eagles' Pederson just did

I thought the coach sucked.

I think you besmirched the defense and won't admit you were wrong.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: January 03, 2021, 11:50:36 PM »

He wasn't besmirching the defense. He was asking why the defense should try if the coach didn't try to win on offense.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: January 04, 2021, 12:28:33 AM »

I think the best retort to Kid would be to simply to say that the Giants should have won more games.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: January 04, 2021, 02:34:33 AM »

Who do the Giants play first round😂😂😂😂

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: January 04, 2021, 03:28:21 AM »

He wasn't besmirching the defense. He was asking why the defense should try if the coach didn't try to win on offense.

No, he was asserting that they would not try.

Not "why should they?" but "why would they?"

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: January 04, 2021, 08:50:54 AM »

No, he was asserting that they would not try.

Not "why should they?" but "why would they?"

I take a backseat to no one in my disdain for Kid.  Your parsing of the distinction between should/would makes no sense to me given the context of the rest of the post.

And that's about as far as I'll go defending anything Kid writes, especially because I don't have all that much trouble with what Pederson did.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: January 04, 2021, 09:58:23 AM »

Philadelphia Eagles just announced their new jerseys for 2021.

For sure, Pedersen tanked the game, and that will be its own Philly mess.

Still, when the Giants lost to Tampa Bay 25-23, after leading going into the 4th quarter, it left them at 1-7. That was on November 2. Two weeks earlier, they allowed a 21-10 in the 4th quarter to slip away and lose to the Eagles. They loss to Dallas two weeks earlier than that, after having a 34-31 lead in the 4th quarter.

So, the Giants put themselves in the position to be held hostage by Doug "Tanks for the Memories" Pedersen's arcane maneuvers, last night.

Still, once again, the NFL has a problem of perception. In an era in which they have fully endorsed sports betting, allowing Pedersen or others to throw games like that, without comment or concern expressed from the Commissioner's office, will continue to damage the brand. After all, the NFL flexed that game to Sunday night. What for? So the nation could watch the fix go in on a game that alleged to have so much import?

Some might even say that such action would call for some kind of federal investigation---fixing games is something that is generally frowned upon, historically. Some might want to consider again what it means to financially gain from throwing a game the way the Eagles did last night.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: January 04, 2021, 10:12:52 AM »

On NBC Sports Philly’s postgame show, Eagles great Seth Joyner said, “I’ve never been more ashamed to be associated with the Philadelphia Eagles than I am tonight.”

DC Schwartz will not retuurn

They ask a good Q today - how can Pederson return and have the respect of the players?

And if he thought he might get fired why would he do this?

Theory - GM at least in on it - if not the owner

"My decision alone...."

Sure, Doug.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: January 04, 2021, 10:31:14 AM »

Make it back to .500 for the year?

you can't tell it from kid's response,  but the results I have show that kid came up short of the "fairly flipped coin" test.

122-127 (48.99%)

no shame in that, as he seems in have fallen with-in  1% of said test.

As predicted that about 95+% of a large population would

I understand that kid has a call into Georgia SoS to find a few more Falcon games that he can tack onto his win totals

Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 329