Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 165707 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3180 on: January 20, 2021, 11:37:25 AM »

The New Prez and "Footie"---which is not the NFL, for sure, but the global game:

https://www.si.com/soccer/2021/01/20/joe-biden-soccer-world-cup-usmnt-uswnt-mls-fifa-daily-cover
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 20, 2021, 11:59:39 AM »

Yawn.

Bottom line, he's won nothing, yet.
I root against the guy too, but Jesus let it go.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 20, 2021, 12:03:05 PM »

Yawn.

I disagree.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 20, 2021, 01:16:51 PM »

Yawn.

I root against the guy too, but Jesus let it go.

This is sports. We never let it go. For example...

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 20, 2021, 02:27:47 PM »

...looks for photo of Santa Claus being pelted by snowballs...
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: January 20, 2021, 03:09:37 PM »

Yawn.

I am sure the Saints and WTF players feel the same way.

You are too funny.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 20, 2021, 03:23:02 PM »

I can understand and empathise with Brown fans and their pain over "the Drive", "the Fumble" and now (have they settled on a name) "the dive" or "the pylon".

Boston fans have "Pesky's held the ball". Bucky Fing Dent" Grady F'ing Little" Tyree's "F'ing helmet". And I could go on and on.

But there is a difference between a fan's elevating their sports anguish to self-flagellation, and denying the demonstrated brilliance of Brady.

The denial was nuts 10 years ago, today its fucking delusional, or pure trolling.

Brady was not born in Kenya.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 20, 2021, 03:35:05 PM »

I agree with the sports analyst who pointed out that it took Brady like 21 seasons to reach an NFC Championship game. How good could he be?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 20, 2021, 03:37:34 PM »

I can understand and empathise with Brown fans and their pain over "the Drive", "the Fumble" and now (have they settled on a name) "the dive" or "the pylon".

Boston fans have "Pesky's held the ball". Bucky Fing Dent" Grady F'ing Little" Tyree's "F'ing helmet". And I could go on and on.

But there is a difference between a fan's elevating their sports anguish to self-flagellation, and denying the demonstrated brilliance of Brady.

The denial was nuts 10 years ago, today its fucking delusional, or pure trolling.

Brady was not born in Kenya.
The Pylon will not be thought of in the same way as the Drive, the Fumble, the Shot, Red Right 88 or the Useless Piece of Horse Manure Blowing a Save By Throwing His Horse Shit Slider to a Batter Who Could Not Have.Cuaght Up to his Fastball If He Was at 70' 7" (Still Working on That One). Too much time to the end of the game. Henne's scramble was more important overall.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 20, 2021, 03:43:37 PM »

I agree with the sports analyst who pointed out that it took Brady like 21 seasons to reach an NFC Championship game. How good could he be?

Many people say that Brady is the Jamie Moyer of football; a compiler who played on good teams that won, and likely would have won without him.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 20, 2021, 03:45:56 PM »

... Useless Piece of Horse Manure Blowing a Save By Throwing His Horse Shit Slider to a Batter Who Could Not Have.Cuaght Up to his Fastball If He Was at 70' 7" (Still Working on That One)
[/quote]

Um...Table that one, for now?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 20, 2021, 04:08:20 PM »

Many people say that Brady is the Jamie Moyer of football; a compiler who played on good teams that won, and likely would have won without him.
I’d be interested in finding one person who said that (and since you’ve never demonstrated any knowledge about football, I’ll discount you) let alone “ many”.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 20, 2021, 04:10:07 PM »

That's great!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: January 20, 2021, 04:13:04 PM »

https://www.yahoo.com/news/many-people-saying-trump-tweet-000000450.html

You're trolling, now, of course.

Moyer never won a single Super Bowl.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 20, 2021, 04:15:31 PM »

I believe that the Patriots' success the last two or so decades was due to the combination of Belichick and Brady and that Belichick remains among the handful of greatest coaches ever, but the fact remains that he's considerably sub-500 overall without Brady as his starting QB.   So those "many people" arguing that the Patriots "likely would have won without" Brady probably have a tough case to make.
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 329