Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166259 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3495 on: June 22, 2021, 04:15:12 PM »

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eli-manning-officially-rejoins-giants-in-new-front-office-role-will-have-no-10-jersey-retired-this-season/

...The Giants announced Monday they've hired the former Super Bowl champion to fill a new role in their front office, with Manning set to contribute to New York's business operations and fan engagement staff before having his No. 10 jersey retired and joining the club's Ring of Honor this fall.

Eli, in sworn deposition, said the #10 jersey was game-worn.

For Pats fans, it will always be DEFLATING to remember how well Eli handled the Pats in Super Bowls.

heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3496 on: June 22, 2021, 04:32:44 PM »

Figures you would be more excited about the dolt who would prefer to retire than to be vaccinated than the person who came out of the closet.

"I'd rather die actually living."

What an idiotic statement.

Who made you the Sheriff if Excitement? To each his own.

As for coming out, if it's okay to be gay, what does it mean to come out? If you're gay, you're gay. Who gives a fuck?

I have always been the Sheriff "if" Excitement, Ham. Used to be one of my taglines, though I spelled it "of."

And you're hilarious with your "if it's okay to be gay," since you know full well it is not okay with a huge chunk of this country.

Who gives a fuck?

It's "okay" to be Jewish, too, but that sure doesn't seem to mean that nobody gives a fuck.

False equivalency, Josh. Do you remember Julian Edelman holding a press conference to announce he was a Jew?

Why didn't he?

And thanks for catching the typo. If acceptance means what it means, then there is no need to announce you're gay, or to riff on typos.

Just go be fucking gay, and live with errors that come from tiny keyboards on smartphones.
it is not unknown for people to hide racial, ethnic or religious background, although it is not common. His point is valid. Just because people have the right to be what they are does not mean that there are not antii-semites, racists and homophobes (in ascending order) out there ready to make life hell for you if tbey can. Homophobia may be the last real socially acceptable bigotry - although some are trying to stage a comeback.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3497 on: June 22, 2021, 04:55:16 PM »

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/eli-manning-officially-rejoins-giants-in-new-front-office-role-will-have-no-10-jersey-retired-this-season/

...The Giants announced Monday they've hired the former Super Bowl champion to fill a new role in their front office, with Manning set to contribute to New York's business operations and fan engagement staff before having his No. 10 jersey retired and joining the club's Ring of Honor this fall.

For Pats fans, it will always be DEFLATING to remember how well Eli handled the Pats in Super Bowls.

heh

I was wondering how long until the bait would be taken.

HEH

With 6 SB wins those losses became dealable

The SB 42 loss was a tough one.

As to Eli handling the Pats, he played well enough in low-scoring games. Defense won both those games.

SB 42 was 7-3 Pats going into the 4th qtr. and SB 46 was 17-15 Pats (with G-Men scoring 2 pts off a bogus safety called on Brady)

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3498 on: June 22, 2021, 04:56:57 PM »

Figures you would be more excited about the dolt who would prefer to retire than to be vaccinated than the person who came out of the closet.

As for coming out, if it's okay to be gay, what does it mean to come out? If you're gay, you're gay. Who gives a fuck?

I have always been the Sheriff "if" Excitement, Ham. Used to be one of my taglines, though I spelled it "of."

And you're hilarious with your "if it's okay to be gay," since you know full well it is not okay with a huge chunk of this country.

Who gives a fuck?

It's "okay" to be Jewish, too, but that sure doesn't seem to mean that nobody gives a fuck.

False equivalency, Josh. Do you remember Julian Edelman holding a press conference to announce he was a Jew?

Why didn't he?

And thanks for catching the typo. If acceptance means what it means, then there is no need to announce you're gay, or to riff on typos.

Just go be fucking gay, and live with errors that come from tiny keyboards on smartphones.

Had I written what you wrote, you would have asked me, instead, "Who made you the Sheriff if False Equivalence.?"

You can pretend that nobody cares about whether people are gay or not, Ham. Can't stop you.

But it's pretense.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3499 on: June 22, 2021, 05:05:37 PM »

I'll note that on multiple occasions, it has mattered that I was Jewish to people I was around.

One occasion, the child sitting at the table wanted to know where my horns were, as he'd been told by his parents that we had them.

Another occasion had a co-worker who felt compelled to explain how attacking the Jews and Israel was wrong and would destroy whomever attacked them, because the Jews were the Chosen people (and would all accept Jesus in the end).

Press conferences are not the only way to come out.

But from Sandy Koufax to Joe Lieberman, folks have been getting public flack for their Jewish beliefs. Nor has it stopped since then.

No, no press conference for Edelman. He didn't mind playing on the Sabbath. OTOH, you seem to have no issue with the presser for Beasley.

Must be your straight privilege speaking.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3500 on: June 22, 2021, 05:22:16 PM »

heh

I was wondering how long until the bait would be taken.

HEH

With 6 SB wins those losses became dealable

The SB 42 loss was a tough one.

As to Eli handling the Pats, he played well enough in low-scoring games. Defense won both those games.

SB 42 was 7-3 Pats going into the 4th qtr. and SB 46 was 17-15 Pats (with G-Men scoring 2 pts off a bogus safety called on Brady)

Super Bowl MVP in both games. yeah, he "played well enough".

LMFAO
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3501 on: June 22, 2021, 05:24:53 PM »

Who gives a fuck?

Why didn't he?

Had I written what you wrote, you would have asked me, instead, "Who made you the Sheriff if False Equivalence.?"

You can pretend that nobody cares about whether people are gay or not, Ham. Can't stop you.

But it's pretense.

I'm not saying nobody cares. I'm saying nobody should care. I don't because someone's sexuality has nothing to do with playing the game of football.

If you were truly accepting of someone being gay, you wouldn't care either.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3502 on: June 22, 2021, 05:41:14 PM »

I'm not saying nobody cares. I'm saying nobody should care. I don't because someone's sexuality has nothing to do with playing the game of football.

You may have meant to say nobody should care, Ham.

It's not what you said. It's not what your words meant.

And what it has to do with playing football depends on your teammates and coaching staff (and owners and refs and opponents). Again, nobody should care.

People care.

Further, staying away from the microphone leaves a ton of very isolated kids out there, wondering if there can be a place for them in the world. It is more likely to help others than it is to help him.

They care, too, and with good reason in modern America.

I long for the day when it won't be important, but today is not that day.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3503 on: June 22, 2021, 05:47:29 PM »

And what it has to do with playing football depends on your teammates and coaching staff (and owners and refs and opponents). Again, nobody should care.

People care.

Further, staying away from the microphone leaves a ton of very isolated kids out there, wondering if there can be a place for them in the world. It is more likely to help others than it is to help him.

You know what's okay, josh? It's okay for you to go fuck yourself, you tedious, pedantic twit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3504 on: June 22, 2021, 05:51:54 PM »

People care.

You know what's okay, josh? It's okay for you to go fuck yourself, you tedious, pedantic twit.
Pedantic? Even if your post said what you now.claim it did and which it didn't,  you still demanded the whole idea of "coming out" as meaningless.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3505 on: June 22, 2021, 05:58:35 PM »

People care.

Not my fault you said stuff you now claim not to have meant.

But sure, my fault for being a tedious, pedantic twit.

Whatever you say, Ham.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3506 on: June 22, 2021, 06:55:26 PM »

Is "pedantic" worse than "supercilious"?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #3507 on: June 23, 2021, 08:11:47 AM »

Is "pedantic" worse than "supercilious"?

Peanut gallery still working for you, douchebag?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3508 on: June 23, 2021, 08:21:54 AM »

Is "douchebag" worse than "supercilious" or "pedantic"?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3509 on: June 23, 2021, 10:29:10 AM »

Is "douchebag" worse than "supercilious" or "pedantic"?

From Ham?

They're all the same: a declaration that he has no substantive response.
Pages: 1 ... 232 233 [234] 235 236 ... 329