Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166362 times)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #3540 on: July 22, 2021, 09:15:55 PM »

Dude fuckin died.  Holy smokes.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: July 23, 2021, 02:39:59 AM »

Dude fuckin died.  Holy smokes.
That makes that headline all the worse.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3542 on: July 23, 2021, 05:32:56 PM »

Idiotic Moments in Sports Fandom:

One man is dead after an overnight shooting at the popular Pat’s King of Steaks in South Philadelphia.

Police said the shooting happened around 1 a.m. Thursday after two men got into an argument while waiting in line for food at Ninth and Wharton Streets. According to Pat’s general manager Tom Francano, the two men were fighting in part about football — one was an Eagles fan, and one was a New York fan.

“They were arguing and it turned into a fight,” Francano said. “One guy grabbed the other guy and got him in a grip, and the other guy pulled out a gun and shot him in the torso. It was one shot. The cops came right away.”

The shooter fled but was later arrested outside Independence Hall in Center City. The 23-year-old victim was rushed to Jefferson Hospital, where he died a short time later, police said.

https://www.inquirer.com/crime/pats-steaks-shooting-philadelphia-genos-20210722.html

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: August 03, 2021, 07:40:25 AM »

https://www.cnn.com/2021/08/02/us/florida-robert-kraft-spa-video-destroyed/index.html

The Robert Kraft video will never see the light of day, if this judge has his way.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: August 07, 2021, 08:06:03 AM »

Is Ironman still a thing?
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Fred88

• View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: August 10, 2021, 08:41:54 AM »

This season should be very interesting.
Chiefs and Bucks will play in the Super Bowl again? 8)
By the way, this year I will not take Game Pass, I will watch all matches for free on https://nfl-video.com/

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: August 10, 2021, 12:14:32 PM »

By the way, this year I will not take Game Pass, I will watch all matches for free on https://nfl-video.com/

So... is this spam or should I leave it be?

New poster with a link, but on topic...

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: August 10, 2021, 12:52:38 PM »

So... is this spam or should I leave it be?

New poster with a link, but on topic...
To me, the tell is the use of the word "matches" instead of games. It is clearly...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcY3W5WgNU

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: August 10, 2021, 01:03:24 PM »

without doing a deep dive into the site, its a streaming platform, with no apparent affiliation with the NFL, but it might be a decent way to find a stream to out of market games. Whether you get a virus (mild to virulent) from it, is a wild guess. 80/20 probably

From the site

Disclaimer: nfl-video.com is only video embeddeding website. All of the videos found here come from 3rd party video sites such as YouTube, Openload, Ok.ru… We do not host any of the videos.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2021, 01:04:55 PM by bankshot1 »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3550 on: August 11, 2021, 05:56:33 PM »

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2021/8/11/22619561/nfl-announces-increased-enforcement-of-taunting-infractions

The NFLPA, coaches, and competition committee have all made a strong statement regarding respect among everyone on the field. We saw an increase in actions that are clearly not within the spirit and intent of this rule and not representative to the respect of opponents and others on the field. Game officials have been instructed to strictly enforce the taunting rules and players and coaches are reminded that two taunting penalties committed by an individual player will result in automatic disqualification. In addition, the taunting player may be fined and or suspended depending on the severity of the action.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: August 13, 2021, 10:39:04 AM »

Mac Jones, from the Saban School of Football had a decent showing in Foxboro last night. He looked pretty good against the unskinned team from DC, albeit 2nd skinners. While you can't take much from exhibition games, it seems we now have the foundation for a decent QB controversy, Cam v Mac or Mac v Cam.

I'm not a Cam guy, but last year was not a fair shot for him, but I suspect by mid-season, Mac may prevail.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3552 on: August 16, 2021, 12:50:03 PM »

NFL Network has 2 nice replays today

Steelers at Eagles

Wash at Patriots

4 PM,  8 PM
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: August 16, 2021, 01:36:23 PM »

NFL Network has 2 nice replays today

Steelers at Eagles

Wash at Patriots

4 PM,  8 PM
If there is a greater waste of time than watching preseason football, it has to be watching a replay of preseason football.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3554 on: August 16, 2021, 01:41:17 PM »

The use of the NFL's nomenclature "preseason football" means you're not minimizing it enough.  I prefer to use "exhibition game" or  "practice game" (though I'm not sure use of the word "game" diminishes it enough). 
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 329