Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166320 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4605 on: February 02, 2022, 05:53:49 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/brian-flores-sues-nfl-for-discrimination-after-sham-giants-interview/

Brian Flores is an angry man.

Should he be?
Yes.

Does he have a case provable Steve? Belichick doesn't work in any capacity for the New York football Giants. So is that hearsay evidence? Do we have any audio footage or witnesses of the Dolphins owner saying any of what he's accused of?
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4606 on: February 02, 2022, 05:58:34 PM »

https://nypost.com/2022/02/01/brian-flores-sues-nfl-for-discrimination-after-sham-giants-interview/

Should he be?
Yes.

Does he have a case provable Steve? Belichick doesn't work in any capacity for the New York football Giants. So is that hearsay evidence? Do we have any audio footage or witnesses of the Dolphins owner saying any of what he's accused of?
It is evidence, but we do not know what is behind BBs statements or who made them. Hearsay is admissible way more often then you think.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4607 on: February 03, 2022, 10:42:29 AM »

Should he be?
Yes.

It is evidence, but we do not know what is behind BBs statements or who made them. Hearsay is admissible way more often then you think.

Would Flores need some sort of actual documentary proof, or witnesses, to back up his other claims to be more than he said she said?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4608 on: February 03, 2022, 10:44:36 AM »

The Washington Football Team has a new nickname....

The Washington Commanders

Commanders is code for Commanders-in-chief (DC ese)

Chief is short for REDskins.

IOW THE Washington RedSkins live on.

They considered Liars and crooks, but it just didn't seem catchy enough.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4609 on: February 03, 2022, 10:50:53 AM »

Jones, first rounder and second rounder for Wilson
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4610 on: February 03, 2022, 11:30:57 AM »

And Bellechick text proves this?

The official hire of Daboll was when?

And the Flores interview?

Was Flores given the chance to knock the Giants socks off?  To show Schoen he had something other than  years HC experience that Daboll lacked?

I would say YES.  He was.
No, the Belechick tests are evidence that the interview was a sham interview designed to pay mere lip service to the Rooney Rule. There are reasons to question what BB actually knew and how, of course, but they do show the Giants made the decision to hire Daboll before ever interviewing Flores.

Uh, no. They don't prove that at all.

You can be high on a candidate, and then say, wait...we gotta look at one more, and then say, well, we still like the other guy.

So prove that wasn't the case.
I did not use the word prove for a reason. It is evidence that they reached a decision and the interview with Flores was a sham. As I noted, other explanations can be conceived of, based on what BB heard and was told and who told him. But on its face it is some evidence to support the claim Flores makes about his interview being not in good faith, and a violation of the Rooney Rule.

"On its face".

Where this "case" will flop.

The Giants had decided that they wanted an offensive minded coach, not a defensive minded coach. Flores can try to prove otherwise, but he won't be able to do so. That is all the Giants need to say. He wasn't what we were looking for, and we thought, okay, let's see if he can change our minds. He didn't. On him, not them.

He wants to be Curt Flood. He's not. 

He had three OC's in three seasons in Miami. Why??

And why did he stop talking to his own staff. In NOVEMBER?

It is being reported by Dolphins beat writer Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN that Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach stopped communicating to his coaching staff around Thanksgiving time. Per Louis-Jacques,

He stopped communicating with his staff somewhere around really Thanksgiving and even about things like daily meeting plans.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-stopped-talking-to-his-staff-around-thanksgiving/

Maybe he's just a guy who cannot get along with others. And who wants that persona as their head coach? Oh, wait...he's black, better give him a chance because of his skin color.

That's fucked up. The Rooney Rule is racist.

The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4611 on: February 03, 2022, 01:47:27 PM »

The Washington Football Team has a new nickname....

The Washington Commanders

Commanders is code for Commanders-in-chief (DC ese)

Chief is short for REDskins.

IOW THE Washington RedSkins live on.

They considered Liars and crooks, but it just didn't seem catchy enough.

I thought Washington Lobbyists would work....the DC. K Street crowd would chip in for the free PR!

Their goal was to aim for a more inclusive presence within the organization. "Commanders" is an authoritarian term. I'd say they've failed to reach their goal. Lobbyists might have been better, as it seems everyone has a lobby in DC.

Red Hogs, which many of their fans like, would include lobbyists.

But PETA would be upset, as would those who advocate for colors other than Red.

Until they get a QB, I think their fans will call them by many different names.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #4612 on: February 03, 2022, 02:17:22 PM »

Commands at the Washington Football Team: I command you not to look at or speak to Daniel Snyder! I command you to get some more lewd pics into that video! I command you to sit next to me so I can grab your thigh.

Gee, maybe that name really works.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/six-former-washington-employees-make-new-allegations-against-daniel-snyder-at-u-s-house-committee-hearing/

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4613 on: February 03, 2022, 07:55:38 PM »

All kinds of thoughts on Bellechick in this matter  was it just an honest mistake?

One thing for sure - Flores was more flustered going into the interview due to BB's gaffe.

Giants today say that BB is full of beans since they had only spoken to Daboll for 20 minutes via Zoom prior to meeting with Flores - and would never hire someone off just that one contact.

And ELWAY says Flores is full of beans as well regarding his interview with the Broncos (tale of DEN execs including Elway showing up late and "disheveled and hung over".

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4614 on: February 03, 2022, 08:48:04 PM »

All kinds of thoughts on Bellechick in this matter  was it just an honest mistake?

One thing for sure - Flores was more flustered going into the interview due to BB's gaffe.

Giants today say that BB is full of beans since they had only spoken to Daboll for 20 minutes via Zoom prior to meeting with Flores - and would never hire someone off just that one contact.

And ELWAY says Flores is full of beans as well regarding his interview with the Broncos (tale of DEN execs including Elway showing up late and "disheveled and hung over".
Well, of course there are denials. The real question is how BB knew that the Gs would hire Daboll? Who told him, and why? Those are the questions that need to be answered, unless you are Forrest and will accept the word of whites in power over the claims of an African American evwry time, without question. There are a range of possible answers from innocent to damning. What apparently has never been denied is that BB texted Daboll was going to be hired by the Gs before Flores was interviewed and the Gs hired Daboll. That is definitely suspicious and needs investigation.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2022, 08:51:09 PM by Hairy Lime »
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4615 on: February 03, 2022, 08:49:36 PM »

And Bellechick text proves this?

The official hire of Daboll was when?

And the Flores interview?

Was Flores given the chance to knock the Giants socks off?  To show Schoen he had something other than  years HC experience that Daboll lacked?

I would say YES.  He was.
No, the Belechick tests are evidence that the interview was a sham interview designed to pay mere lip service to the Rooney Rule. There are reasons to question what BB actually knew and how, of course, but they do show the Giants made the decision to hire Daboll before ever interviewing Flores.

Uh, no. They don't prove that at all.

You can be high on a candidate, and then say, wait...we gotta look at one more, and then say, well, we still like the other guy.

So prove that wasn't the case.
I did not use the word prove for a reason. It is evidence that they reached a decision and the interview with Flores was a sham. As I noted, other explanations can be conceived of, based on what BB heard and was told and who told him. But on its face it is some evidence to support the claim Flores makes about his interview being not in good faith, and a violation of the Rooney Rule.

"On its face".

Where this "case" will flop.

The Giants had decided that they wanted an offensive minded coach, not a defensive minded coach. Flores can try to prove otherwise, but he won't be able to do so. That is all the Giants need to say. He wasn't what we were looking for, and we thought, okay, let's see if he can change our minds. He didn't. On him, not them.

He wants to be Curt Flood. He's not. 

He had three OC's in three seasons in Miami. Why??

And why did he stop talking to his own staff. In NOVEMBER?

It is being reported by Dolphins beat writer Marcel Louis-Jacques of ESPN that Former Miami Dolphins Head Coach stopped communicating to his coaching staff around Thanksgiving time. Per Louis-Jacques,

He stopped communicating with his staff somewhere around really Thanksgiving and even about things like daily meeting plans.

https://dolphinstalk.com/2022/01/brian-flores-stopped-talking-to-his-staff-around-thanksgiving/

Maybe he's just a guy who cannot get along with others. And who wants that persona as their head coach? Oh, wait...he's black, better give him a chance because of his skin color.

That's fucked up. The Rooney Rule is racist.

Is there any chance the Players Union has a role in any of this?
No. Coaches are not in the Union and I do not believe the Rooney Rule is a part of the CBA.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4616 on: February 04, 2022, 08:30:58 AM »

Well, of course there are denials. The real question is how BB knew that the Gs would hire Daboll? Who told him, and why? Those are the questions that need to be answered, unless you are Forrest and will accept the word of whites in power over the claims of an African American evwry time, without question. There are a range of possible answers from innocent to damning. What apparently has never been denied is that BB texted Daboll was going to be hired by the Gs before Flores was interviewed and the Gs hired Daboll. That is definitely suspicious and needs investigation.

Giants have answered thi

Cant you see this as Mara and BB had a conversation where Mara said he really liked Dabol (this after just the 20 minute meeting).  BB takes that and runs with it, texting who he thought was Daboll a congratulatory, "I heard they really like you, that's great".....

Anything else is either sinister on BB's part or reeks of a Giants lie.  Are you calling them liars?

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4617 on: February 04, 2022, 09:11:02 AM »

The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4618 on: February 04, 2022, 09:21:52 AM »

Hue going 1-31 and claiming he got offered money to lose is just WAY funny.  Let it not be lost on anyone either that Flores started 0-7 that first season.  May have felt guilty after tanking the first seven for cash (was 25-18 afterward, to his credit)

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4619 on: February 04, 2022, 09:27:20 AM »

The money for losse thing is the funniest part of this all - especially that it allegedly happened in the league more than once.

Owner certainly would never fess up to either offering or actually paying it out.  Coach would never admit if he took the cash.  So what we are left with is  Flores and Jackson's accusations toward ownership - same guys that let them go from their jobs - not a good look.  Now, if there was a third party that knew of actual payment...

NFL is a mess, between race/gender, officiating, fan hatred on players, social media out of control, etc......but BUCKS and interest are still there, so its a muddy survival to say the least.
Pages: 1 ... 306 307 [308] 309 310 ... 329