Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 166340 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: National Football League
« Reply #4695 on: March 18, 2022, 07:20:43 PM »

Accused serial abuser Watson has limited his choice to Atlanta or Nawlins. So we dodged a bullet there.

Just a flesh wound.
The accused serial abuser is the only QB they passed on in the draft in those years that in real time I wanted them to take. But with what is hanging over him I would not have touched him.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: March 18, 2022, 10:09:31 PM »

On the bright side, I can ignore Mock Draft stories for the next three years.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: March 19, 2022, 09:23:33 AM »

Wait... what?

Hahahahahahah

Funny stuff, eh, Whisk.

Embrace it - you guys may be very good.  Though drafts night may suck.
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: March 19, 2022, 10:18:49 AM »

Wait... what?

Hahahahahahah

Funny stuff, eh, Whisk.

Embrace it - you guys may be very good.  Though drafts night may suck.
Oh, I liked Baker more then a lot of people but Watson is a significant improvement, which is important in a division with Burrow and Jackson and a conference with Mahomes and Allen. I do not like it in terms of draft.capital given up and hate it in terms of what if even some of the allegations are true. If only the thought that Roethlisberger got a 6 game suspension for one sexual assault allegation where nothing was proven in civil or criminal court..what do you get for.24? And to invest that much in someone with all that over him, and make him the face of the franchise? Granted, watching him play down the road next February might make it worth it.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: March 19, 2022, 10:43:03 AM »

I dont thik the NFL comes down too hard on Watson.  6 games.  Depending on if he wanted to appeal as Ben did.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2022, 10:50:44 AM by kidcarter8 »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: March 19, 2022, 10:52:19 AM »

I dont thik the NFL comes down too hard on Watson

Didnt Ben pay (settle) to get charges dropped?  Sort of an admission of guilt?
Well, there may be a reason for that 45 mil signing bonus.

From a legal standpoint, settlement is not an admission and there are a lot of reasons people settle. Roethlisberger got suspended based on an independent investigation. I assume the Browns did due diligence - Andrew Berry and Peter Brand seem to know what they are doing - and are comfortable with Watson and potential penalties.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: March 19, 2022, 05:13:20 PM »

Traded Keenum, brought in Bassett, which strikes me as a move you make when you think your QB is going to miss 6 to 8 games.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: March 21, 2022, 05:59:00 PM »

Matty Ice to Baltimore!
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: March 21, 2022, 06:37:04 PM »

Updated picks board after that deal

https://www.nfl.com/news/2022-nfl-draft-every-team-s-full-set-of-picks

Great job by Falcons, who turn and add Mariotta.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4705 on: March 23, 2022, 03:06:12 PM »

Maybe is because he has pissed me off for years on my fantasy teams, but Tyreek Hill for Juju Smith-Shuster does not seem like an improvement.

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: March 23, 2022, 07:36:44 PM »

Hahaha

Only the JETS could make headlines that they were in talks to get a key All Pro (Hill), then have the guy go to a division rival just one day later

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: March 24, 2022, 08:21:30 PM »

Patriots to let Providence use team jet for game. Class act by a Class organization

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: March 31, 2022, 02:19:15 PM »

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10031291-buccaneers-bruce-arians-retires-from-coaching-todd-bowles-named-replacement

Apparently the timing of Arians' decision and Brady's unretirement is suspicious to some - though whether there is causality involved or not is a matter of conjecture.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: April 01, 2022, 11:17:24 AM »

I rejoice at the change in OT rules which now allow both teams at least one possession in the overtime period.

It's about fucking time!
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 329