Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all of the NFL teams make it through the whole season?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 1 (100%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:04:36 PM

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 329

Author Topic: National Football League  (Read 164790 times)

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
Re: NFL
« Reply #30 on: August 11, 2018, 11:17:41 AM »

heh

some people watch highly acclaimed HBO shows

some indecent loser trolls stalk people on the internet.

go figure.

And you do both.

Peddy.

troll-it took you 9 hours to come up with that?

You fucking cretin stalker.

I asked you to go figure and you can't even add 1 + 1

now go fuck yourself you indecent piece of shit

I could see bankshit doing this:https://www.yahoo.com/news/facebook-fight-between-keyboard-gangsters-ends-shooting-113941003.html

Get help for that anger you're displacing here. Just because you're depressed and angry about your failed personal life, it doesn't mean you gave to be the dickhead that you show yourself to be here each day.

Sad, little man.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2018, 11:19:26 AM by MrUtley3 »
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 11, 2018, 11:28:19 AM »

troll you spend far too much time obsessing about me.

now go fuck yourself.

The sub-topic is over for everybody, not just for Banks.

Banks can't acknowledge that the deaths of blue state citizens, of democratic party voters, of POC, was intentional on the part of the Trump administration. He keeps insisting it was "only" incompetence.

So, he cannot see the parallel.

Our repeating to him that the intentionality of those deaths creates a parallel is not going to get anywhere.

So, let us just accept that his sensitivity on this issue precludes dialog, drop it, and move on.

All of us.

Biden's $1.9T budget goes smart as expected

-get America healthy-control beat covid
-covid relief for individuals and municipalities
-re-prime and jump start the economy

in a 50-50 senate he has to avoid the obvious traps of going to big too far left

it may be hard to argue for fiscal restraint by repubs as Americans and the economy are sick, but they may find their old-timey fiscal conservatism just to be assholes

Goodnight Josh thank you for keeping us safe from something.

LMAO

Cancel culture comes to Elba, courtesy of the extreme leftists in the Democratic party, of course. In other words, don't buck the narrative, banks.

I think Josh wanted to play the role of 800 lb gorilla but nobody noticed.

So he stomped his feet and pounded his chest and tried to mark his territory, but instead he pissed on his leg.

After I rebutted his  territorial droppings he deleted the rebuttal. 

LMAO

That was bullshit and pure cancel culture

So I mocked Josh and his silly monkey business.

Going big

Green New Deal
Medicare for at least All who want it
National policing standards
Financial transparency
Statehood for DC & Puerto Rico
Forgiveness of student debt
Decriminalization of cannabis
Strict gun control
ERA
Wealth & Inheritance & Financial transaction tax
Fully fund IRS & EPA & FSA & USPS
Initiate non-profit postal banking
Free two year college, any associates at any time
Heavy investment in minority owned small business
Heavy investment in low income areas and all public schools
Paid sick and parental leave
Transparency and public auditing of all non classified government activity
Mandated voting seats for workers on all corporate boards

I have to say that 4 years of Trump won't be so awful if the end result is the Dems get the WH and a unified Congress.

Winning the House in '18 was important.  It really slowed down the GOP and got Trump impeached and knocked the wind out of his hairpiece.

I think early voting begins in September in many states.

While I'd like to be optimistic, and fervently want a massive BLUE wave to cleanse America in 2020, the depth of the stain that Trump will  leave on the fabric of America will not be so easily washed away.

From domestic issues: race divsions, the economy, healthcare, voter suppression efforts, environmental, to foreign policy: rebuilding long-term alliances that have served us well, rechecking and assessing complicated and contentious relations with China and Russia, and showing to the world we side with democracy and not authoritarian oppressive countries. Biden and the Dems have a lot to do rebuilding the ability to effectively govern that Trump and Repubs have activelt tried to dismantle.

And they will likely meet with a lot of head-wind from Repubs. And lets not forget the a conservative SC and the hundreds of federal judges Trump and McConnell hand-picked to bend law and justice to favor the rich and powerful. 

But I'm hopeful that a Biden Admin wil be focused and smart and start fixing America step by step, ((I'd focus on the economy, jobs (infrastructure) aide to tax starved states and fixing O-care/healthcare and slapping sanctions on Russia). Let's see Repubs run against that in '22.

And i agree taking the House in '18 was critical in denying Trump the complete legal power to enact more damaging legislation. And in that regard keeping the House in '20 (which should be a lock) but also in '22 and '24 will be critical. And retaking the Senate would be huge in sctually fixing America,

IMO if we get a Biden presidency he will inherit a shit storm of problems, too numerous to discuss in depth now, that he will be tasked with fixing. And it won't be easy and may make him and a D-congress easy targets for the hypocritical republicans, who will demand quick cures for the diseases they brought to our country.

IMO the 4-years of suffering Trump-16 (and lets pray its just 4 years) will leave scars and have a damning legacy far beyond that happy day when we're cured of the Trumpdemic.

Banks, it sounds like you are saying America had a chance to become a better place in the mid sixties but pissed it all away with the war in Vietnam.

It’s a good reason to support Rev. Senator Warnock and his efforts to get us further up the mountain especially where republican monstrosities have a strong grip and are choking the life out of the people.

My point was that often times we do not live in a b&W world, but one with a lot of shades and nuance that we should consider

And that from time to time a monochromatic take on good and evil and right or wrong is often lacking needed depth and context.

Im pleased to see Bankshot has me in the category ofRed, Kid and Uno.
Larry you're a faceless poster, just like they are.

I've had disagreements with most of the posters here, most minor run of the mill bullshit, but some far more contentious than any disagreement we've had.  I just listed the 3 posters I've most often disagreed and interacted with. (though I think Red has had me on iggy for about 5 years-I think I annoy him, so you may want to consider that option).

When I disagree and feel motivated to post my disagreement I do. And as I noted sometime ago I agree with you on most of your positions, at least in direction, if not in magnitude. But I reserve the right to disagree and when I do I will tell you why.

If you'd like to be treated differently than other posters, say so.

Elba's cancel culture crew appears to be happiest or the least conflicted cancelling 5,000 years of anti-semitsm, pretending it hasn't shaped current events or their view of how Israel should properly defend its sovereign right to exist in a very hostile world.

6/22/21
No Larry the death of democracy if it comes, will be a result of extremists (from right or left) insisting they have the cure, that we must take their cure, and if we don't, they will jam the cure down your throat or up your ass, whether you like it or not. Moderates seeking to work together to find answers may not be fast enough for you, but they will not be the death of democracy, it is in fact democracy at work, No matter how loud or how often you scream your frustrations doesn't make it true.Having said that this latest dance with Repubs may get half a loaf of infrastructure, but and as noted above, has its political risks in '22 and '24. And the Machivelli's on both ends of the political spectrum are hoping to attract the moderate middle. its democracy.

Bart I think you're being too hard on Fac and his performance art. While I don't agree with Fac and would prefer reason and discussion and the rule of law to settle our differences, rather than resort to threat of bodily harm, coercion or violence, I found his approach consistent with his affinity for minority rule. We all know that Fac's a tried and true revolutionary, a modern day Sam Adams, a performance artist of yore who's fiery rhetoric   inspired steeping tea in Boston harbor. But it seems Fac prefers tyranny, terrorism and torture to Twinings.

By the way - I move to amend Bankshot's sentence from 3 days to time served

All in favor?

I ended it yesterday.
I still get the message on my computer that I am banned which is not set to expire. I am posting this from my phone. Would please remove the block on my  IP or whatever to allow me to post from my Computer? Thanks.

I didn't block your IP, only your name.

You probably need to clear the cookie associated with this or reboot or something.

Not something I can fix on my end.
it seems ok now.

We have some matters to discuss.

As you are well aware a virus wiped out about 11 years of posting history. Just because you could not find a specific reference in posts that go back only 3 years, does not mean that information was not posted in prior posts.

I could,  if you like,  give you detailed paragraphs of several posters here from stuff they've posted from 1997 to today. Where they grew up, lived, went to college, wives, ex-wives jobs, kids, etc. Just because you can't find it doesn't mean I doxxed anyone. It means it was posted here and I've a very good memory.

Nonetheless you never got a reply from Hammy about whether he deleted his ass-kicking hustling post. I was not part of that conversation, so I don't know the post in question. I do know yank made a reference to Hammy's hustling.

Just as when I asked Hammy (post-satire) if he ever made the claim about hustling pool WBW, he would not address the question.

My satirical post was in response to yankguy who wanted to know about Hammy and his pool hustling days. Apparently yank was aware of Hammy's claims of hustling pool as a kid. And my guess is yank has a good memory too.

But what I found particularly galling was you know Hammy's doxxing history, he has doxxed me, and you, and Red and threatened yank with disclosure of private information.

And you know he's a liar.

But for reasons which remain very murky, you banned me, upon his claim that I doxxed him, without asking me a single question, or the origins of my satirical post of Hammy's hustling days.

I just got banned.

Hammy has posted about growing up in Delaware (I don't recall the city). In my spoof I used Dover.

How many cities beyond Dover and Wilmington would most readers ID as Delaware locales?

Dover and dumb ass and Dupont worked together.

it was poetic license.

I don't doxx people.

Now as for "proof" as to the substance of my satire,

Here you go

if you had searched for Hamilton Samuels and hustling you might have found this from a few months ago.

I had a seasonal business starting when  I was 10 or so, raked leaves in the fall, shovelled driveways in the winter, some lawns and caddied in the summer. Carried doubles, two loops. It wasn't bad money for a kid in '63.

The only thing I could draw was a conclusion and I figured out by 19, driving a fork lift wasn't a great career path.

Picked fruits and veggies at a local farm and sold pints and quarts of them by pulling a wagon through the neighborhood going to door to door, age 9. Had the morning paper route, 100 houses, at age 12, and then I learned how some folks don't pay their bills, and never will. Cut lawns for cash at 13-14. By 15 was working summers as a lifeguard and other odd jobs during school days. Hustled 8-ball and 9-ball in bars as a 19 year-old to pay for college tuition, and worked 3 other jobs (restaurant, pub, and stadium concessions) while taking full course loads.

My first car wasn't until I was 24, and then it didn't have reverse. My first new car was in 1981. Got a great deal on a Toyota Celica ST, and beat the man for a loan that had only 12.5% interest. Ahhhh...the good old days...

The point is, there are lots of people here who made something of their lives without having things handed to them.

They also didn't catch a break by getting hired for because of their skin color or gender, and as time went on, though they are resented for that which they did to earn their living and for taking care of their families.

Many of us here do not need to apologize to anyone for what they've earned, and for the breaks they've had, and for seizing the opportunities that emerged for them.

And we were too busy making our lives work to go about oppressing yours or anyone else's. And in many cases, our work was actually enabling the success of others.

So fuck off with the racist labels, Larry and Little Stevie of AZ, and the rest of you SJW Klan members. Your overly simplistic view of our world is as narrow as any bigots' anywhere.

So Josh anytime you want to profusely apologize, as you said you would in the PM to me, please do. as you owe me one.

Hey josh, is banks still banned, banned again, or is he MIA because of another adolescent snit?

Asking for a friend.

On a unilateral basis I decided to pull back, and see if I missed the place or not. I have posted in the baseball and NFL forums, less contentious. I check in here from time to time and pick-up mail. Josh's memory seems a little foggy, I advised Josh we should move on, although noted I would miss mocking him. 

OC-I can't speak for yank, but did speak to him, as we've been "internet friends" for about 25 tears.  From what we discussed, we shared many of the same feelings, not all, nor to the same degree, about this forum, but my impression is your impression as to linkage is faulty. Though given the timing I can understand it. I think it accurate to say both of us have reduced our posting here over the past year or so, as signal to noise ratio became very low. But it you prefer to blame me for his departure, feel free. Much like I was accused of being a racist with no evidence, and became a troll over night, 

« Last Edit: November 18, 2021, 06:31:45 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2018, 10:22:09 AM »

Finally caught Hard Knocks Browns edition E1-it was pretty entertaining and educational.

Jarvis Landry is fun and can play 1-handed, got a lesson in finance 101 how to turn $1 into $64

and that Hue jackson should probably watch his back around Todd Haley.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 16, 2018, 04:59:04 PM »

Pats-Iggles kick it off tonight at the Blade.

Brady expected to see first half action.

Butler probably not.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 16, 2018, 05:01:57 PM »

Jets-Skins also tonight

next test for legend in the making Sam Darnold

I'm pretty sure Butler won't play in this game either.

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 16, 2018, 09:03:14 PM »

Eagles won last time they played Pat's, didn't they?

Philly- Dilly.

Heh
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 16, 2018, 11:13:09 PM »

Pats D, particularly D-line, looked much improved and faster and brought a lot of pressure and was very disruptive. Rookie LB Bentley looked real good.
Biggest play of the game was a pressure/fumble by Foles returned for TD Foles injured his wing on the strip. It didn't look good.

Brady was Brady, played the first half, his receivers are mediocre. Cordelle Paterson made some plays and is fast, but more a gadget guy. With Edelman out first 4 games wouldn't be a shock if they are active in the WR market.

They played better than I thought they would.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 11:15:23 PM by bankshot1 »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 17, 2018, 12:31:25 PM »

Pats 1st rounder right tackle Wynn out for season with Achilles heel injury.

sucks

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 17, 2018, 11:09:42 PM »

Hamilton Samuels

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 18, 2018, 08:35:37 AM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 18, 2018, 11:12:38 AM »

Takes aways from Hard Knocks E2

does anyone really need 1000 pair of sneakers?

I think thats a tell.

And maybe Hue was jealous so shipped Corey Coleman to the Bills for a 7th rounder

and a dozen pairs od Air Jordans.

What is it with the Browns and wacky WRS?

And is adding Dez to the mix a smart move?

Is Carl really that bad a name for a kid?

the gloves were pink.

Myles Garrett is a poet and I'm rooting for "Juice"

Browns have some talent and are on the come.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 18, 2018, 06:01:15 PM »

Josh Gordon is back today. And yes a WR room with him, Landry,  Dez and Galloway could be a challenge.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2018, 11:39:05 PM »

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 21, 2018, 12:25:39 PM »

that cop had some burst

nice take-down.

The NFL's punchline and America's favorite u-dog is starting to draw some action

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24434899/cleveland-browns-attracting-high-number-bets-las-vegas

IMO a little early, but the Browns as noted earlier look to be on the come.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 21, 2018, 04:29:25 PM »

that cop had some burst

nice take-down.

The NFL's punchline and America's favorite u-dog is starting to draw some action

http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id/24434899/cleveland-browns-attracting-high-number-bets-las-vegas

IMO a little early, but the Browns as noted earlier look to be on the come.
Pissing money away. We will be better but not that much better.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 329