Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 255380 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #1995 on: January 08, 2019, 06:27:00 PM »

Media verdicts after watching the game last night:

The story of the game was the struggles Alabama's defense experienced going up against Trevor Lawrence and Clemson’s terrific offense

Clemson had mercy, or it would've set the scoring record vs. a Saban Alabama Team

Tigers CRUSH Tide to reclaim throne

Alabama experiences complete collapse in worst game of Saban era

Clemson Won the National Title by Humiliating Nick Saban

Clemson dominated — yes, dominated — Alabama for the national title

Clemson routs Alabama 44-16 to win national title

Jim, the Trump Lover, praises the media!  (As usual without attribution.)

Can't imagine the media wanting to hit back at Saban for his "rat poison" comments or his
Close friendship with Bill Belechik, another coach who doesn't quite respect the press.

Can't imagine media using headlines to attract readers or sell their product.

Can't imagine a writer confusing "mercy" with showing respect.  (I am pretty sure that was Dabo's intention.)

This game could so easily have been a 30-20 affair, given 2 easy TD's for The Tigers.

"Tigers Turnback The Tide!"  (That's my HEADLINE)

Sounds right to me.

:-)
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: January 08, 2019, 06:27:57 PM »

Who was calling the plays for Bama ?  I doubt they got on the plane back home and if he did I wonder if he got off.

I though the same thing.  Presumably Saban will fire the OC over the next week or so. Maybe he'll try to kire Kliff Kingsbury away from Arizona.  ...and Kliff will take the interview

Don't be bitter bro.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: January 08, 2019, 06:31:25 PM »

Who was calling the plays for Bama ?  I doubt they got on the plane back home and if he did I wonder if he got off.

I though the same thing.  Presumably Saban will fire the OC over the next week or so. Maybe he'll try to kire Kliff Kingsbury away from Arizona.  ...and Kliff will take the interview
I think the Alabama OC will simply disappear in shame and hide himself somewhere no one would e er think to look for him. Like College Park Maryland.

Rumor I saw was branch of the Dantonio Coaching Tree Dan Enos was in line for the OC spot. A branch of the Dantonio tree would be a twig from the Saban tree.

Hey, KK lasted longer as your OC than Temple's head coach lasted. That's something.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1998 on: January 08, 2019, 06:56:46 PM »

I think the Alabama OC will simply disappear in shame and hide himself somewhere no one would e er think to look for him. Like College Park Maryland.

Rumor I saw was branch of the Dantonio Coaching Tree Dan Enos was in line for the OC spot. A branch of the Dantonio tree would be a twig from the Saban tree.

Hey, KK lasted longer as your OC than Temple's head coach lasted. That's something.
Well, Enos is the Alabama QB Coach. And obviously a quite good one.  Enos also played for Saban at Mich. State but I don't understand what his Dantonio connection is  Enos was head coach at Central Michigan and then at Arkansas as OC under Bielema.  When Bielema got fired he was hired at Michigan but Saban quickly stole him away  .

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: January 08, 2019, 07:09:21 PM »

Michael Locksley was hired by Maryland over a month ago.  He won the Broyles Award as the top college assistant coach in the country this year and Saban called him the best recruiter he has ever had. Which is the main reason he stayed through the recruiting season.  I think it is silly the number of people  dumping  on an OC after a 14-1 season and the offensive statistics he delivered throughout the year after a loss in the National Championship Game to the best team in the land.

« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:14:33 PM by Espnthree »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: January 08, 2019, 07:11:30 PM »

Well, Enos is the Alabama QB Coach. And obviously a quite good one.  Enos also played for Saban at Mich. State but I don't understand what his Dantonio connection is  Enos was head coach at Central Michigan and then at Arkansas as OC under Bielema.  When Bielema got fired he was hired at Michigan but Saban quickly stole him away  .
Coached under Dantonio at Cinci and MSU before Central.

He did not play for Saban at MSU. Saban was a defensive coach, not head coach when both were st MSU.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:18:47 PM by whiskeypriest »

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2001 on: January 08, 2019, 07:13:08 PM »

My "dumping" on Locksley has little to do with last night's game.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: January 08, 2019, 07:18:07 PM »

Coached under Dantonio at Cinci and MSU before Central.
Thanks

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: January 08, 2019, 07:20:07 PM »

What is your beef with Locksley?

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: January 08, 2019, 07:29:57 PM »

He has a sub Hue Jackson head coaching record. Also, had anger control issues.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: January 08, 2019, 07:41:49 PM »

Yep. Maryland needs a squeaky-clean coach at this point.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: January 08, 2019, 07:42:12 PM »

Footnote:   As much as the haters want to say THE Tide was dominated....
                 The Stats don't quite support that assertion.
The SCOREBOARD doesn't always reflect everything.
Hence the often-said:  "And it really wasn't that close", as the scoreboard might suggest.
Works the other way, too.

I don't recall saying the stats support a "close game",  I said they don't support "total and complete domination" that the Bama-haters want to see.

Deej

I'm not a Bama hater, or SEC hater, (I still think they are the best conferenece in the country and have been for most of the past decade or so)

I just watched the game.

And i wanted a close competitive game and we got one for 1+ qtr.

I'm disagrreing with your post that the scoreboard told a different tale than the stats.

As noted, they really didn't.

IMO 44-16 captured the nature of the game, and Clemson's superiority.

Bama with one of the best offenses and QBs in the country got blanked for the final 3 qtrs.

that shit just don't happen.

Clemson kicked their ass.

And if not for the charity and sportsmanship of Dabo, and taking it easy in the 4th qtr., Bama could have had 50+ dropped on them.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: January 08, 2019, 07:45:25 PM »

Are you answering for YankGuy?

My take, without much research, admittedly, is anyone who had the power and the success he had under Nick Saban, who also kept him on  despite conflicting responsibilities, and with Maryland ties, is a pretty good investment.   

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: January 08, 2019, 07:48:03 PM »

Yep. Maryland needs a squeaky-clean coach at this point.
Where is Lockley not squeaky clean?

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: January 08, 2019, 07:49:36 PM »

Ah geez. Look it up. If you're good with that  and good with 3-31 then I have no argument.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 07:53:00 PM by Yankguy1 »
Pages: 1 ... 132 133 [134] 135 136 ... 329