Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247145 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2220 on: July 15, 2019, 02:16:58 PM »

I'm not sure we can sink much lower...

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/la-sp-usc-football-uc-davis-fcs-opponent-20190712-story.html

Maybe we will put names on the back of the jerseys next.
We were a long time hold out on that too, until 2011. Now Dantonio keeps giving Ytown a payday every couple of years.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: July 16, 2019, 01:23:20 PM »

What does it matter if SC plays UC Davis or Fresno State? 

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: July 16, 2019, 08:24:50 PM »

Really?  Or are you just piling on?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: July 17, 2019, 08:30:44 AM »

The Fightin' Raisins are occasionally decent, depending on the sexual activity and fertility of Mr. and Mrs. Carr.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: July 18, 2019, 09:33:54 AM »

It matters to the new world of juggle the numbers. Or, to put it another way, the whiners that complain(Too much IMO) about OOC SOS.

That is not to say OOC SOS doesn't matter. But lately it seems that for some it is the Holy Grail tell-all of what team is better.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 11:03:21 AM by CaptainCargo »
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2225 on: July 18, 2019, 04:31:57 PM »

Right on cue. Delany obviously reads this site and pays attention to what I say. ;-)

Delany critical of CFP selection committee:

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27216204/delany-critical-cfp-selection-committee

Big Ten commissioner Jim Delany thinks the College Football Playoff selection committee must remember its mission to value conference championships and schedule strength in determining the four participating teams.

Delany said he didn't understand how Ohio State, the 2018 Big Ten champion at 12-1, finished sixth in the final CFP standings, behind SEC runner-up Georgia. ...

Big Ten, Big 12 and Pac-12 teams all play nine-game conference schedules and typically at least one non-league Power Five opponent. The ACC and SEC play eight-game conference schedules, with most teams adding one non-league game against Power Five opponents and some playing two such contests.

"I've been disappointed, quite honestly, about the strength of schedule," Delany said. "We're not going to change. There may be pressure to change, but I think that's short-selling our fans, our players, our TV partners. I'm hoping that the committee catches up with the intent of the founders."

Playing only 8 game conference schedules obviously didn't stop Bama and Clemson from clearly being the two best teams in the nation. No Delany, it won't be your way or the highway. No matter how much you squawk. You want nine games? Who the fuck is stopping you? The Committees job, and what the Founders intended, was to get the two best teams into the Championship game. Don't piss and moan Jim it's unmanly. Do your job and make your teams better. And let the Committee do their job.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2019, 04:39:47 PM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2226 on: July 19, 2019, 03:15:26 PM »

Cappy Notes:

Michigan State: OL Notes

First let me say putting Brad Salem in charge of the offense may be the smartest thing Dantonio has done in quite a while. Salem will, I’m sure, be able to get the best out of the Spartan’s 3 Star talent players.

Next, Dantonio put Jim Bollman back where he belongs. In the trenches coaching the hogs. This alone should transform the Spartan offense from an absolute disaster last year into a much more consistently successful group for the 2019 season. Bonner is/was not a good fit at OC IMO, never was even though he held the position at several schools.

The first thing I’ve noticed in this change is a large offseason weight gain on the OL. A group whose personnel returns basically intact from last year. However, it should not be the inept Three Stooges effort group of last season. Were they bad? No, they were REAL bad. I expect them to be not only bigger, but also actually quicker because of it in a couple of cases.

I know that sounds counter intuitive but sometimes quickness is gained from more muscle. Not speed, but quickness. Yeah I know, what’s the difference? I’ll explain. In the case of the big guys I judge quickness in how soon you can get from your stance to your blocking stance and/or where you need to be, complete with the power and positioning/leverage to get your assignment accomplished. Sometimes a little more muscle gets you that.

And for a squad that I judged to be slow to get to their blocks or positions poorly in order to complete the task too many time last year this will be a key part of them getting better. Quickness will help their overall timing and with it their power IMO.

Because the old adage that it all starts in the trenches is true.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2227 on: July 19, 2019, 08:57:43 PM »

No Delany, it won't be your way or the highway. No matter how much you squawk. You want nine games? Who the fuck is stopping you?
The Big Ten plays a nine game schedule and has for the past two years.
The Committees job, and what the Founders intended, was to get the two best teams into the Championship game.
Its job is to get the top rated FOUR teams to a playoff.
I thought you followed stuff like this?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2228 on: July 20, 2019, 03:41:10 PM »

No Delany, it won't be your way or the highway. No matter how much you squawk. You want nine games? Who the fuck is stopping you?
The Committees job, and what the Founders intended, was to get the two best teams into the Championship game.
Its job is to get the top rated FOUR teams to a playoff.
I thought you followed stuff like this?

No shit sherlock. I can read. I know they play 9 games. Sorry you can't read and get what I was saying. Not surprised though. Edited in for Jim: Cappy has read the article Skippy. The article states that the B10 plays a nine game conference schedule. Yet Skippy feels he needs to tell Cappy that they play nine games thinking he is so clever. Skippy should have realized that Cappy knew that they play nine games anybody that read the article would no they play nine games. So instead of being snarky Skippy should have realized that Cappy was actually telling Delamey nobody was stopping he and the B10 from continuing to play nines games. Anyone with a ninth grade education could have deciphered that. Cappy is sorry that Skippy is too stupid to make the simple connection. Believe me, Cappy is REALLY sorry.

I'm telling him to continue to do it if he wants too. He intimated that he was not going to go to 8 games because he 'loves his fans and it makes his games look shiny'. So keep doin it Jimmy D boy, nobody is stopping you. But don't act like it's the tell all of who should be in there stumpin for your conference.

As to the second part of your reply. No, it's their job to get the two best teams into the championship game. They use a four team format for that, but the ultimate goal is the get the two best teams into the championship game. Always has been. If they go to a six team format or an eight team format the ultimate goal will still be to get the two best teams into the championship game.

Nice to see you're still around though Skip. No go mow the lawn.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 04:32:35 PM by CaptainCargo »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2229 on: July 20, 2019, 03:59:35 PM »

No shit sherlock. I can read. I know they play 9 games. Sorry you can't read and get what I was saying.
Oh, okay.  You can read you just have trouble putting into words what you mean until asked for clarification;

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2230 on: July 20, 2019, 04:14:32 PM »

No shit sherlock. I can read. I know they play 9 games. Sorry you can't read and get what I was saying.
Oh, okay.  You can read you just have trouble putting into words what you mean until asked for clarification;

You know most of the time I tell myself that you just can't be that stupid. You make it hard for me to believe that though.

Lawns still waiting. Don't cut your foot off.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2231 on: July 20, 2019, 06:03:02 PM »

.....but the ultimate goal is the get the two best teams into the championship game. Always has been. If they go to a six team format or an eight team format the ultimate goal will still be to get the
Well. From 1998 until 2013 every Championship was decided by the number one and two teams.
In very first year of the CFP the number four team beat the number two team.
Hmmmmm. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2232 on: July 20, 2019, 06:23:20 PM »

.....but the ultimate goal is the get the two best teams into the championship game. Always has been. If they go to a six team format or an eight team format the ultimate goal will still be to get the
Well. From 1998 until 2013 every Championship was decided by the number one and two teams.
In very first year of the CFP the number four team beat the number two team.
Hmmmmm.

In case it has escaped your attention it hasn't been repeated since then. And IMO, and I'm sure the opinion of many others, it is unlikely to happen again in the near future.

But, not surprisingly, you fail to see the point again. So of course you continue to beat a dead horse. No that's not correct, rather you continue to beat a horse that was never alive in the first place.

The objective is to get the two best teams in the playoff championship game. Whether it's the 3 and 4 teams or any other combination, the objective is to get the two best teams into the championship game. Please sit back for a second and let your cognitive skills, such as they are, evaluate that.

And that lawn is not going to mow itself Skip. Hop to it. It's hot, remember to hydrate.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2233 on: July 20, 2019, 06:52:54 PM »

In case it has escaped your attention it hasn't been repeated since then. And IMO it won’t be in the near future.
The objective is to get the two best teams in the playoff championship game. Whether it's the 3 and 4 teams or any other combination, the objective is to get the two best teams into the championship game.
Hmmmm. For 15 years we had a system to do that.
Then it was changed to the top four.
But you said the Committee is charged  with getting the top two? 
Thats not true.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:05:31 PM by Espnthree »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2234 on: July 20, 2019, 08:48:20 PM »

In case it has escaped your attention it hasn't been repeated since then. And IMO it won’t be in the near future.
The objective is to get the two best teams in the playoff championship game. Whether it's the 3 and 4 teams or any other combination, the objective is to get the two best teams into the championship game.
Hmmmm. For 15 years we had a system to do that.
Their was changed to the top four.
But you said the Committee is charged  with getting the top two? 
Thats not true.

Nope, didn't say that. Try and twist it Skippy but it's not happening. I said they were charged with getting the two best teams into the Championship Game. Just as the BCS was charged with getting the two best teams into the Championship game. That's their job. If OSU was a team that belonged in there they would have been there. They weren't. Delany is stumping for his conference. But none of the committees guidelines is a tell all do all mean all guideline.

And that lawn isn't going to mow itself. 
« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 09:02:24 PM by CaptainCargo »
Pages: 1 ... 147 148 [149] 150 151 ... 329