Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258352 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2430 on: September 10, 2019, 12:57:53 PM »

LSU has a QB. Didn't see that coming😀
Guess you missed him at LSU last year.

Jim seems to think that somehow because Burrow was just a backup at osu that it somehow glorifies osu.

Cool. By is thinking then anything that osu this year glorifies Georgia and poor old osu needed a backup from the SEC. LMAO
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2431 on: September 10, 2019, 01:14:15 PM »

Or he thought Burrows played fairly well last year and was a good bet to improve, which I suspect you and I also did.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2432 on: September 10, 2019, 02:41:58 PM »

Or he thought Burrows played fairly well last year and was a good bet to improve, which I suspect you and I also did.

Which by itself would hold some water. If that was all there was to it.

But Skippy has been hinting around for over a year about this. Maybe you simply don't remember all of the posts he's already made about Burrow being a backup at osu. And posts about how the LSU offense needed the help of an osu backup QB to amount to anything.

Doesn't matter, the evidence is clear. But I'm not going to go back and pull all of them up for you. My memory works just fine and I suspect yours does too.

But I will give you the benefit of the doubt that you just didn't take note of it. This will save you the trouble of avowing said same.

So, my statement remains. According to Skippy, if osu does anything of note this year it will be with the help of the SEC and a Georgia backup QB.

« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 02:58:57 PM by CaptainCargo »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2433 on: September 10, 2019, 03:07:25 PM »

Well, I also made the point about Burrows being a back up at the THE. Made it Sunday, in fact.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2434 on: September 10, 2019, 03:24:04 PM »

Well, I also made the point about Burrows being a back up at the THE. Made it Sunday, in fact.

Yes, one isolated comment.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2435 on: September 10, 2019, 03:55:49 PM »

So, my statement remains. According to Skippy, if osu does anything of note this year it will be with the help of the SEC and a Georgia backup QB.
Fields has the harder road to hoe considering the footsteps he has to fill ( Haskins, Barrett, Miller, Jones) Fields will be a failure to the Buckeye hard-core if OSU loses to Michigan, does not make the B1G playoff or the National playoffs.
The bar at LSU is much lower.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2436 on: September 10, 2019, 04:03:59 PM »

Fields has the harder road to hoe considering the footsteps he has to fill ( Haskins, Barrett, Miller, Jones) Fields will be a failure to the Buckeye hard-core if OSU loses to Michigan, does not make the B1G playoff or the National playoffs.
The bar at LSU is much lower.

Well luckily for him he is one of the weaker conferences.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2437 on: September 10, 2019, 04:57:48 PM »

I am morally certain I have made others. The opportunity to dig into the soft underbelly of the God's Conference toadies is not something I am likely to pass up, even as I am aware that not only the Big Flexible Amount's second best program is quarterbacked by a God's Conference reject, so is its leading overrated wannabe flagship program.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2438 on: September 10, 2019, 06:37:15 PM »

I am morally certain I have made others. The opportunity to dig into the soft underbelly of the God's Conference toadies is not something I am likely to pass up, even as I am aware that not only the Big Flexible Amount's second best program is quarterbacked by a God's Conference reject, so is its leading overrated wannabe flagship program.

Morally?

LOL

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2439 on: September 10, 2019, 06:38:19 PM »

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/27581991/lsu-locker-room-lacking-c-texas

Sounds like the sort of bush league thing you'd expect from an ex-THE coach.

Did Texas make LSU players pile their gear in the parking lot and then go through security before
Letting them into the Un-AC locker room?

Good point D.J.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2440 on: September 11, 2019, 10:22:15 AM »

Morally?

LOL
Yes, morally certain. As opposed to mathematical certainty. Do you really not know what that phrase means?

"Moral certainty is a concept of intuitive probability. It means a very high degree of probability, sufficient for action, but short of absolute or mathematical certainty."

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2441 on: September 11, 2019, 11:02:54 AM »

Morally?

LOL
Yes, morally certain. As opposed to mathematical certainty. Do you really not know what that phrase means?

"Moral certainty is a concept of intuitive probability. It means a very high degree of probability, sufficient for action, but short of absolute or mathematical certainty."

Dude, I know what it means. Ease off the trigger.

I just found it funny you put it that way. If you want to say your posts about the subject mirror Skippy's it's your prerogative.

They don't but you're free to go off on that tangent. Slipping the word morally in while doing it is a bit hypocritic though.

Skippy is the world biggest homer. The Big ten exits and emits from his two largest orifices with copious frequency. He contributes little here past telling us he is an OSU/Big Ten homer.

And though I'm loathe to bring it up as it will undoubtedly set you off as it always seems to, you always come to his rescue. News flash, you ain't Superman, Batman, or the Green Hornet bra. Let Skippy fight his own battles Lancelot.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2019, 11:05:52 AM by CaptainCargo »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2442 on: September 11, 2019, 11:50:19 AM »

Morally?

LOL

"Moral certainty is a concept of intuitive probability. It means a very high degree of probability, sufficient for action, but short of absolute or mathematical certainty."

....Slipping the word morally in while doing it is a bit hypocritic though.
Are you sure you know what the phrase means? Because that second sentence makes it seem pretty clear you do not.

I give not a flying wallenda who you think my posts mirror. My posts and thoughts are my own.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2443 on: September 11, 2019, 11:56:58 AM »

Morally?

LOL

....Slipping the word morally in while doing it is a bit hypocritic though.
Are you sure you know what the phrase means? Because that second sentence makes it seem pretty clear you do not.

I give not a flying wallenda who you think my posts mirror. My posts and thoughts are my own.

Yeah that's it, I must not know what you mean or it means.

Same old deflecting Stevo. You win Skippy is saved.

I'll let it drop Skippy ain't worth it.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #2444 on: September 11, 2019, 12:31:02 PM »

I will note.that while Burrows looked great against Texas the Pure Prairie League is not currently noted for its defensive strength and a hell of a lot of really crappy QBs have gone 31/39, 471, 4/1 or so against PPL defenses.

But let's discuss something really important, like whether Brian Lewerke has already sewn up the Heisman, or if he has more he needs to do.

Which reminds me. I was personally offended that you think jim is the world's biggest homer. Do you not read ANY of my posts?
Pages: 1 ... 161 162 [163] 164 165 ... 329