Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247174 times)

bankshot1

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3570 on: January 14, 2020, 12:18:29 AM »

tough night JB

but you lost to a helluva team

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3571 on: January 14, 2020, 01:17:09 AM »

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3572 on: January 14, 2020, 01:33:24 AM »

Nail in the coffin coming up.

Lights out, Good-bye Elba until Oct.
Thank God.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3573 on: January 14, 2020, 04:30:31 AM »

Anyway, it is good to see a new team as champion. My old cyberpal Becky should be happy.

If it is any consolation, jbott, ClemSIN is in pretty good shape to be back next year. ClemSIN and The enter into the season with elite level quarterbacks, while most of the other the other elite contending teams - Alabama, LSU, Georgia, Michigan State, Oklahoma, Oregon - have big questions to answer at the game's most important position.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3574 on: January 14, 2020, 04:48:26 PM »

I agree that it is good to see some turnover at the top.  It was getting pretty boring for all the rest of us when only two teams could win.

...well, three if you count Michigan State, of course.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3575 on: January 14, 2020, 05:41:55 PM »

The CFP has a new Champion, but the format is not changing anytime soon, if ever.
Bill Hancock the front man for the old BCS and now the CFP was reappointed yesterday reaffirming his support of the college Predidents and the CFP Committee and, moreover, their desire not to change the four team format. With still six years left on the CFP contract with ESPN  all stakeholders seem contented not to change a system that keeps producing undisputed champions.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2020, 05:43:29 PM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3576 on: January 14, 2020, 05:49:12 PM »

LSU’s passing game coordinator Joe Brady has told people today that he is planning to return to the NFL and the Carolina Panthers, per league sources.
Enjoy the replays of 2019, LSU without Burrow and Brady, may not be the same again.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3577 on: January 14, 2020, 06:03:23 PM »

I agree that it is good to see some turnover at the top.  It was getting pretty boring for all the rest of us when only two teams could win.

...well, three if you count Michigan State, of course.
Odds to win the NCAA National championship next year have been released. MSU is 500 to 1. In my best Jim Carrey voice... "So you're saying we have a chance!"

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3578 on: January 14, 2020, 06:27:39 PM »

LSU’s national championship game victory against Clemson drew nearly 26 million viewers to ESPN, up slightly from last year’s final.

ESPN said Tuesday that viewership for the three-game College Football Playoff increased 4% from last season, when Clemson beat Alabama in the championship.

The network’s championship game megacast, which includes ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU and ESPNews, drew 25.6 million viewers. Last year’s megacast had 25.3 million viewers. The ESPN-only audience was also up over last year, from 24.3 million to 25 million.

Joe Burrow, the Heisman Trophy winner, led No. 1 LSU to a 42-25 victory Monday night in New Orleans. The game was 28-25 in the third quarter before LSU surged and put away the title early in the fourth quarter.

Overall, the television audience for New Year’s Six games were down 4% over last year for ESPN

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3579 on: January 15, 2020, 11:30:34 AM »

Overall, the television audience for New Year’s Six games were down 4% over last year for ESPN

Does this include the "play off" games that were not held on New year's day?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

REDSTATEWARD

• View Profile
« Reply #3580 on: January 15, 2020, 04:41:00 PM »

Yes.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3581 on: January 15, 2020, 04:42:40 PM »

Yes.
Why is REDSTATEWARD answering questions meant for Espnthree?
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3582 on: January 15, 2020, 07:01:02 PM »

I assume that is a rhetorical question?

In any case, since the answer was yes, the reason for the down turn in ratings on NY6 games is simply because they were "not" all on New Year's Day?  And everyone still seems to be learning that lesson?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3583 on: January 15, 2020, 09:26:59 PM »

I assume that is a rhetorical question?

In any case, since the answer was yes, the reason for the down turn in ratings on NY6 games is simply because they were "not" all on New Year's Day?  And everyone still seems to be learning that lesson?
“Everyone has figured it out” . The problem is no one has away to solve it.
 Not as long as the Pac12, the BIG, and the Rose Bowl remain in contract along with the SEC and the Sugar Bowl.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3584 on: January 18, 2020, 12:31:29 AM »

Pages: 1 ... 237 238 [239] 240 241 ... 329