Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247115 times)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3600 on: January 31, 2020, 06:03:22 PM »

Clearly you are not a stoic.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3601 on: February 01, 2020, 01:25:49 AM »

I think of myself as being sort of like Dennis the Constitutional Peasant. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farcical aquatic ceremony.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3602 on: February 01, 2020, 01:10:34 PM »

I think of myself as being sort of like Dennis the Constitutional Peasant. Supreme executive power derives from a mandate from the masses not some farcical aquatic ceremony.

The first movie I recall seeing at the theater when my stomach actually hurt from laughing so much. But I think it was more like "not because some watery tart threw a sword at you."

« Last Edit: February 01, 2020, 01:12:26 PM by TrojanHorse »
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3603 on: February 01, 2020, 05:56:22 PM »

That is the next line.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3604 on: February 01, 2020, 06:12:08 PM »

That is the next line.
Everything about that movie is classic, right down to the brusque, no-nonsense God.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3605 on: February 02, 2020, 09:50:21 AM »

Amazing. Nearly every word of that post was wrong, except the last sentence.

Well, you've been wrong before...
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3606 on: February 02, 2020, 09:54:48 AM »

I think monarchies are inherently bot benevolent.

Marcus Aurelius  v Caligula

Good example. There are others scattered throughout history. But in this case Steve is probably more correct overall.

That correctness is really meaningless however as government by the "people" can be just as corrupt if not more. For example the current batch of Democratic scum we have in our congress is strangling the lifeblood of this country. But this is really a discussion for the Political Forum.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3607 on: February 02, 2020, 09:55:16 AM »

Amazing. Nearly every word of that post was wrong, except the last sentence.

Well, you've been wrong before...
And will be again.  This time though is an island, nay a continent of being rightness.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3608 on: February 04, 2020, 03:02:18 PM »

Dantonio Retires.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3609 on: February 04, 2020, 04:15:46 PM »

A Golden Era of Spartan Football comes to a close.  He looked like he was getting tired.

Saban looks tired to me also.  I would not be surprised if he retired end of next year if they miss out on the final four again.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3610 on: February 04, 2020, 04:46:40 PM »

Dantonio Retires.
He leaves MSU with a career record of 8 - 5. Which trails only Duffy Daugherty's total of 10 wins.

Luke Fickell the rumored replacement.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3611 on: February 04, 2020, 05:07:52 PM »

Other names I have seen tossed around: Narduzzi, Josh Huepel and... Urban Meyer.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3612 on: February 06, 2020, 06:06:25 PM »

Two names that have also surfaced are Robert Saleh and Pat Shurmer. Saleh makes no sense for him or us. He's clearly on track for an NFL HC job. Shurmer is an alum, but has been unsuccessful as an NFL HC. Nards is apparently out.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #3613 on: February 06, 2020, 07:32:57 PM »

Two names that have also surfaced are Robert Saleh and Pat Shurmer. Saleh makes no sense for him or us. He's clearly on track for an NFL HC job. Shurmer is an alum, but has been unsuccessful as an NFL HC. Nards is apparently out.

I have someone I can send you.  He has "solid" head coaching experience.  I might even pay for the flight out.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3614 on: February 06, 2020, 08:12:00 PM »

I have someone I can send you.  He has "solid" head coaching experience.  I might even pay for the flight out.
No coach with feet of clay.
Pages: 1 ... 239 240 [241] 242 243 ... 329