Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247150 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3645 on: May 19, 2020, 07:41:58 PM »

I'm really getting tired of yardwork and home repairs.

Getting a lot done though I suppose.

What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3646 on: May 27, 2020, 02:15:50 AM »

Did anyone catch the exciting marbles competition in ESPN2 over the weekend. It was just marbles racing each other in various set ups. Word is The wants to play them in football

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3647 on: May 27, 2020, 12:31:24 PM »

When I was a kid I used to have jars full of marbles. Most of them were hand me downs from earlier generations. I remember my dad showing me how he used to play marbles when he was a kid.

Needless to say, I lost my marbles a long  time ago. 

Cap nice job, the yard looks spiffy, but the bush on the right needs a little trimming.

stay healthy folks

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3648 on: May 27, 2020, 01:12:04 PM »

Did anyone catch the exciting marbles competition in ESPN2 over the weekend. It was just marbles racing each other in various set ups. Word is The wants to play them in football
Re: Marbles. Oddly, your hatred of The has caused you to lose yours.
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3649 on: May 29, 2020, 05:47:17 PM »

When I was a kid I used to have jars full of marbles. Most of them were hand me downs from earlier generations. I remember my dad showing me how he used to play marbles when he was a kid.

Cap nice job, the yard looks spiffy, but the bush on the right needs a little trimming.

stay healthy folks

Thanks Rich. Took your advice and cut the darned thing down. Looks bare there now though.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3650 on: May 30, 2020, 01:15:57 PM »

stay healthy folks

Thanks Rich. Took your advice and cut the darned thing down. Looks bare there now though.

Some prefer the no-bush look, others letting it grow wild and naturally.

I'm partial to a well-trimmed bush.

As an aside I remember cutting down some mature bushes only for them to sprout again so I had to do some serious digging to get to the roots. That worked. 

Happy gardening cap and stay healthy.  :)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3651 on: June 06, 2020, 04:59:48 PM »

stay healthy folks

Some prefer the no-bush look, others letting it grow wild and naturally.

I'm partial to a well-trimmed bush.

As an aside I remember cutting down some mature bushes only for them to sprout again so I had to do some serious digging to get to the roots. That worked. 

Happy gardening cap and stay healthy.  :)

I've given the stump a stern glare. If that doesn't work maybe I can have Skippy talk to it. That might make it disappear.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3652 on: June 06, 2020, 05:24:05 PM »

or bore it to death

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3653 on: June 18, 2020, 06:12:32 PM »

We have to wait until 2027. Satan will likely be gone by then, but this will likely still be epic.

https://ohiostatebuckeyes.com/ohio-state-versus-alabama/

The interesting thing is getting the home/home series. Bama prefers neutral sites.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 06:14:14 PM by Hairy Lime »
Well, it made me sick to see it; and I was sorry for them poor pitiful rascals, it seemed like I couldn't ever feel any hardness against them any more in the world. It was a dreadful thing to see. Human beings CAN be awful cruel to one another.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3654 on: June 18, 2020, 06:53:52 PM »

https://www.bostonglobe.com/2020/06/18/sports/university-florida-ends-popular-gator-bait-cheer-citing-racist-origins

ST. PETERSBURG, Fla. — The University of Florida is ending its “gator bait” cheer at football games and other sports events because of its racial connotations, the school’s president announced Thursday in a letter making several other similar changes on campus.

Florida president Kent Fuchs said in a letter to the university’s faculty, students and staff that the cheer has a “horrific historic racist imagery” involving Black people, especially children, being used as bait for alligators.

“Accordingly, university athletics and the Gator Band will discontinue the use of the cheer," Fuchs wrote.

This reminds me of Hunter Thompson's openings in  one of his Fear and Loathing essays-books.

Maybe Florida State can lend the Gators the tomahawk chop.   

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3655 on: June 23, 2020, 03:23:51 PM »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3656 on: July 09, 2020, 07:25:02 PM »

The Big However Many cancels its OOC schedule. I'm guessing the whole season, for everyone, follows anon.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3657 on: July 10, 2020, 10:40:50 PM »

I'm patiently waiting for the SEC'S announcements that they're doubling the amount of games their teams play and are adding an extra deck to each of its team's stadiums.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3658 on: July 13, 2020, 04:05:41 PM »

Ivy League cancels all fall sports.

Usually I'd say something like, will anyone notice. But in this instance is it the first of many?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3659 on: July 13, 2020, 05:19:12 PM »

Ivy League cancels all fall sports.

Usually I'd say something like, will anyone notice. But in this instance is it the first of many?
Patriot League follows.
Pages: 1 ... 242 243 [244] 245 246 ... 329