Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 255405 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3840 on: October 30, 2020, 10:37:13 AM »

There should not be an issue with ClemSIN's backup stepping up this week at least. Unless you are your sports section's proof reader.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3841 on: October 30, 2020, 10:49:05 PM »

On one hand, Maryland - Minnesota is a surprisingly good game. On the other hand I am watching CFB on a Friday night. Fucking COVID.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3842 on: October 31, 2020, 09:29:37 AM »

Replay showed the nose of the ball over the goal line. Argue all the "physics" you want, Captain Dunning-Kreuger, the officials, who unlike you had no skin in the issue, looked at those replays and upheld the call.  Because that is what the replays showed.

It showed no such thing. I don't "need" to argue physics. Physics speaks for itself. It isn't courtroom hocus pocus bait and switch.

They upheld the call because they "apparently" couldn't be sure. That's their excuse and they are sticking to it. A convenient out that the replay rules supply for them.
So... the refs who unlike you are independent, not partisan and rigorously trained in the use and interpretation of video replays, deliberately decided to award the game to IU because... reasons!

I told you in the post you just quoted. Easy fella, don't have a cow.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3843 on: October 31, 2020, 09:31:56 AM »

Good grief!  Do I have to explain again that the Zoom lense on these TV cameras distort the depth
perception so much that you have no idea where the tip of the football (hidden by the rest of the ball) was before the ball hit the ground and pylon!

IMHO, the  replay official upheld the call because he could not with any certainty say the tip of the ball did not touch the plane (I disagree with the rule as written and the fact that the runner lost control of the ball, in my thinking, would result in a fumble out of bounds, but that's another battle).  If the official on the field had ruled no conversion, the replay official would have gone along with that call (although, being on the Hoosier home turf....)

the official was in the right position and place to make a good call, his depth perception was not distorted by his eyeballs  zooming in, the runner was a good distance from the sideline so this official looked to be locked in on the extended ball which the runner was stretching out two strides away.....therefore, I would say the call was most likely correct and the ruling on the field was correctly upheld.

If another video surfaces with a better look.....

I also think the Lion defender could have taken a better angle to the ball carrier and knock the ball into the empty cheap seats.

A very well reasoned and explained post Deej. I disagree that it was the correct call but then, two things, first one would expect me to disagree being a Lion fan, two you and I can disagree without it escalating into a shouting match.

Happy viewing. :)
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 09:38:19 AM by CaptainCargo »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3844 on: October 31, 2020, 09:34:08 AM »

Fuck that - TWO weeks!

In NYS it would be two weeks.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3845 on: October 31, 2020, 10:33:06 AM »

Crap the website ate my report.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3846 on: October 31, 2020, 11:03:57 AM »

Condensed version.

Bama 41, Miss St 20

Bama's secondary is not quite there yet. But they won't need to be. The Bama offense is stacked. The Tide has one of the best OL's in the nation and I'm especially impressed with their Center.

Florida 30, Mizzou 27

Mizzou's offense isn't that good. LSU's defense is THAT bad. But then the Gators defense isn't all that nifty either.

Texas A&M 35, Ark 20

Jimbo has got the third best team in the ACC. Probably be the best team in the Big 10.

Michigan 31 Michigan State 27,

It will be a battle as usual. I like the young Wolverine QB. We'll see how he handles the hype.

OSU 31, the Penn State 27

The Lions QB looked like schlit last week. The Buckeyed QB looked good. Still it'll be close I think.

Texas 29, Oklahoma State 31

I can't figure out the Horns and I usually get the call wrong with these guys. Good news for Horns fans.

Indiana 23, Rutgers 27

Don't blame everything in the Spartans ineptness(although that had a lot to do with it). And don't give the Hoosiers more credit than the Lions ineptness had to do with it. Either way one of these teams will be 2-0 and make the Big 10's conference ratings "look" better than they are.

Clemson 51, Boston College 17

Well, .... uhhhh, ....yeah.

Oklahoma 37, Texas Tech 20

Oklahoma will do what they do. Offense them into submission.

Kansas State 27, West Virginia 24

K'State, a meat and potatoes team in a 5 Star dining league.

Memphis 3o, Cincinnati 32

Luke Fickell is a very underrated head coach. I think a big time team comes calling on him soon.

Notre Dame 37, Georgia Tech 24

Actually ND is pretty good.

Georgia 33, Kentucky 17

A team that Georgia can beat up on and I'm sure they will.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 11:06:45 AM by CaptainCargo »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3847 on: October 31, 2020, 02:00:51 PM »

Jesus jbot.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3848 on: October 31, 2020, 02:03:44 PM »

Congratulations to YankGuy!
What are you going to do if Maryland really gets good?

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3849 on: October 31, 2020, 02:08:47 PM »

How convenient.
Covered up your pick of Minnesota. lol

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3850 on: October 31, 2020, 02:19:09 PM »

Congratulations to YankGuy!
What are you going to do if Maryland really gets good?
Thanks. It will definitely take away some schtick. But I'm not too concerned.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2020, 02:37:21 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3851 on: October 31, 2020, 02:21:00 PM »

Stupid taunting penalty costs the Spartans.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3852 on: October 31, 2020, 02:27:29 PM »

How convenient.
Covered up your pick of Minnesota. lol
For the record i forgot about yankguy's Maryland connection or i would have included it. And taken Minnesota. Like everyone.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3853 on: October 31, 2020, 02:46:19 PM »

Stupid taunting penalty costs the Spartans.
We keep doing that kind of stupid shit, across coaching staffs, for years. It must be in our DNA.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3854 on: October 31, 2020, 03:45:00 PM »

Much is forgiven.
Pages: 1 ... 255 256 [257] 258 259 ... 329