Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 256969 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3885 on: November 08, 2020, 08:21:36 PM »

Maryland's hiring of Locksley was a masterstroke.

Getting that QB to transfer from Bama helped loads too.

Wait...didn't someone here pan the hiring of Locksley?
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3886 on: November 08, 2020, 09:03:01 PM »

Who could that have been?
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3887 on: November 08, 2020, 09:15:52 PM »

Who could that have been?
Someone who is a firm believer in reverse motor. Like with the Trump pick.

I was thinking about using reverse mojo next week and take IU over my beloved Spartans but I think that is not so much reverse mojo as sanity.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3889 on: November 09, 2020, 12:28:30 PM »

On Michigan football....thoughts by former coach

https://247sports.com/college/michigan/Article/Michigan-Wolverines-admission-policy-Rich-Rodriguez-defends-Jim-Harbaugh-154245969/?fbclid=IwAR3sT4oovgRIWn8JskoUvV9OMQQ5exNCOSO0ckFKiEqBp29UdeG-SjmsDAk
Typical Rodriquez bullshit.
Rodriguez has the lowest winning percentage (.405) of any coach in Michigan football's history. He also went 0–3 against Ohio State and 0–3 against Michigan State. Not to mention 0-1 against TOLEDO in the Big House.
His Michigan teams couldn’t play defense and, except when Denard  Robinson came along, his lackluster spread offense was a bust.
His coaching style was dehumanizing to the players and, worst of all, he was a cheater.
His own Michigan players blew the whistle on his illegal tactics before he coached one game in Ann Arbor.
Michigan, in effect, pled guilty, self imposed sanctions, and took NCAA probation.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3890 on: November 09, 2020, 03:43:48 PM »

Personally I miss RichRod.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3891 on: November 10, 2020, 05:25:03 PM »

EVENTUAL 2020-212021-22 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 28, Indiana 18

Even I do not believe this, but as long as there is a ship I intend to go down with it.

the 42, Maryland 24

A suddenly interesting game. It seems like the loses a bit of intensity when out to a big lead. I think the Turtles scored a nice coup in getting baby Tua. I have seen nothing from Maryland defensively that indicates to me that they can stop Fields and company. Maryland is still the same team that got dusted by Northwestern. Yankguy’s boys still have Rutgers and Meatchicken is on the schedule, plus maybe one other game they should probably win… can’t think who that might be, but I am sure it is there… so a 5-3 record before the plus 1 is a real likelihood.Cancelled due to COVID on Maryland.

Wisconsin 0, Meatchicken 0

I do not think this game is going to be played. If it is, I will update. For now, let me just note that I do not think the talk of Harbaugh being ousted has any validity at this point. I think the budget for the Athletic Department is taking a huge, huge hit, and this is a bad time to be searching for a high priced head coach. As for the game, if played, Wisky has not been on the field for three weeks. They haven’t even been practicing in a real sense. As bad as Meatchicken has been this year, I think they would win this one.

Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 27, Boston College 10

Well, I did not expect the offense I saw last week. I till think they are a mirage until proven otherwise, but BC had its one great half of football for the year.

Alabama 49, the Louisiana State University 10

I know the LSU lost a ton of talent last year, and I expected a drop, but not this steep of one. Ogeron would be on the “would be most fired but for COVID list” with Harbaugh were it not for the fact that you simply cannot fire a coach one year after a championship unless they do something like black up and spout the n word while naked in the company of three men none of whom are his wife. Game has been cancelled. Lucky break for the LSU.

the Pennsylvania State University 27, Nebraska 21

You know, thirty years ago or so this would have been a great bowl game. Nebraska has not been nationally relevant in over a decade, though, and Penn State has been beatable this year. the Pennsylvania State has been the most disappointing team for me, personally, even though I thought that they were overrated at the start of the season. Turn overs + Bad Defense = loss. Where else would that equation be relevant….

University of California* 38, Arizona 27

Again, a game I am not sure will be played. Tucson is a COVID hot spot. I know it is one game, but USC’s defense does not look good. Still like their offensive weapons and Scottsdale’s Own looks like he has both talent and moxie.

*Southern

Cincinnati 35, East Carolina 17

OLotPT beating ClemSIN probably keeps any Gang of Six team out of the playoffs this year, unless OLotPT or ClemSIN gets a second loss this year. Too bad, really. I don’t think Cinci would have much of chance against Alabama as a 4 seed, but it would be nice to see them try.

Coastal Carolina 35, Troy 17

Troy – the traditional cupcake of top ranked teams. My parents live about three miles on the seaward side of CCU for years. That is all I got. I have seen a few CCU games this year, on the WWLiS, but only until I remind myself I am watching Coastal Carolina play football which means my life clearly sucks.

Not that you have seen it, but my repeated and inexplicable difficulties in being able to spell/type “myself” means I am required to post this:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wj5VODa-eTY

Texas A&M 42, Tennessee 17

Somewhere along the line, UT is going to regret the decision to not hire Schiano. Oh wait… that day may be here.This game has also been postponed.

Florida 27, Arkansas 17

Two pieces of relevant information: 1. Arkansas has played three ranked teams this year and lost to all three (while winning all of their games against non-ranked teams) 2. Florida is ranked. I am aware that there is a very good argument that this is at the very least three facts.

Oregon 27, Washington State 17

The game is at Pullman, which remains the single most God Forsaken Outpost on the Power Five map. Anyway, Oregon did not have much trouble with Stanford. I expect WSU to take it up the wazzu. As the saying goes.

Georgia 17, Missouri 6

I was surprised by what Florida did to Georgia’s defense. I do not expect a repeat performance. This is starting to look like a great weekend for yardwork.

Miami 37, Virginia Tech 31

I wasn’t going to pic on this having no real thoughts, but with all the cancellations, I need something.

« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 05:30:33 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3892 on: November 10, 2020, 08:02:46 PM »

Enjoyed the Clemson-ND game.  First time in a while I actually watched a full hour or more from college ranks.  ND tight end was sensational.

Best of all was the virus spreaders crashing the field and demonstrating the limits of their education at one of the most overrated colleges in the history of the United States.

Assholes.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3893 on: November 10, 2020, 08:18:36 PM »

Enjoyed the Clemson-ND game.  First time in a while I actually watched a full hour or more from college ranks.  ND tight end was sensational.

Best of all was the virus spreaders crashing the field and demonstrating the limits of their education at one of the most overrated colleges in the history of the United States.
Hey, you are stealing my shtick!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3894 on: November 11, 2020, 03:06:35 PM »

COVID-19 hits 8 Maryland players   
Ohio State Game this Saturday called off  Won’t be rescheduled.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3895 on: November 11, 2020, 06:32:07 PM »

I imagine Wisconsin-Michigan is on thin ice as well.

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #3896 on: November 11, 2020, 07:46:44 PM »

fucking global warming!

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3897 on: November 12, 2020, 07:48:57 PM »

Ivy league cancels all winter sports. Once again common sense prevails over idiocy

Hamilton Samuels

• America is my country, and Paris is my hometown.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3898 on: November 12, 2020, 09:40:14 PM »

Ivy league cancels all winter sports. Once again common sense prevails over idiocy

Actually common sense is quite uncommon.
The artist's job is not to succumb to despair but to find an antidote for the emptiness of existence.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3899 on: November 12, 2020, 10:35:58 PM »

fucking global warming!
😁
Pages: 1 ... 258 259 [260] 261 262 ... 329