Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 258590 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4125 on: September 06, 2021, 11:21:54 PM »

Four targeting ejections in Louisville Ole Miss Game
Cargo must be throwing furniture

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: September 07, 2021, 09:18:40 AM »

Maybe if he can earn a status equal to Lorenzo White or LaVeon Bell
He is on pace for 3300 yards and 72 touchdowns. I fully expect him to reach, if not exceed, those totals.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: September 07, 2021, 09:25:43 AM »

Yardage gained against academic powerhouses don't count.  Any yardage he gains against the school in Ann Arbor will be similarly discounted.  If he could somehow gain yards against his own school, though, it would count twice.  So maybe they could figure a way to do that.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: September 07, 2021, 09:39:20 AM »

Speaking of Leveon - I hear RAVENS are looking (fantasy nugget of the day)
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: September 07, 2021, 11:05:10 AM »

Yardage gained against academic powerhouses don't count.  Any yardage he gains against the school in Ann Arbor will be similarly discounted.  If he could somehow gain yards against his own school, though, it would count twice.  So maybe they could figure a way to do that.
Ann Arbor Undergrad Academics are highly overrated.  Except their School of Nursing.
I too once met a girl in Central Park, but it is not much to remember. What I remember is the time John Wayne killed three men with a carbine as he was falling to the dusty street in Stagecoach, and the time the kitten found Orson Welles in the doorway in The Third Man.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: September 07, 2021, 11:49:26 AM »

Ann Arbor Undergrad Academics are highly overrated.  Except their School of Nursing.
Solid save.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: September 09, 2021, 05:39:37 PM »

EVENTUAL 2021 NATIONAL CHAMPION MICHIGAN STATE 45, Youngstown State 3

I am guessing this series is a holdover from the Dantonio era.  I hate these kinds of games; they can only hurt you. I mean, even if Eventual 2021 Heisman Trophy Winner Kenneth Walker III goes off for 275 and 4 TDs again, what have you gained? Well, fine, 275 yards, but you know what I mean. But if you struggle or pull a Meatchicken and lose, your season and early momentum is sunk. We should handle the once mighty Penguins with ease. That is what worries me.

Iowa 27, Iowa State 21

This is the first time ever these teams have met when both were ranked in the Top 10.  Iowa handled a Top 25 team with ease while ISU struggled against FCS Northern Iowa, but I am not high on the IU D and noted earlier NIU is not a cakewalk.  I did not get to see either team, or even highlights (As odd as this seems to say, by the way, if you get the chance to stay at the Best Western in Great Falls Montana, with a river view room, do it.) so I am just going off general impressions here. That is tru, by the weay, for most of the games here.  I had better things to do than watch football.

the 37, Oregon 20

Oregon struggled to hold off a decent Fresno State, while the pulled away from a good Minnesota team.  Stroud looked good, as did his receivers, and Williams and Henderson kind of eleviate my concerns about the running game and I have questions about the defense after last week, but I will take them here.

Meatchicken 31, Washington 17

MONTANA?  Seriously?  This is why I hate playing Youngstown State.  THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES? By the way, I saw a grizzly
« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:51:17 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: September 09, 2021, 05:44:45 PM »

Meatchicken 31, Washington 17

MONTANA?  Seriously?  This is why I hate playing Youngstown State.  THE MONTANA GRIZZLIES? By the way, I saw a grizzly at an appropriate distance in Yellowstone on my vacation.  Awesome.

University of California* 27, Stanford 10

Boy, Stanford looked outclassed against Kansas State

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: September 09, 2021, 05:49:23 PM »

University of California* 27, Stanford 10

Boy, Stanford looked outclassed against Kansas State Fighting Nepotists.  Not that long since they were a top tier program, but it sure seems that way.

ClemSIN 17, South Carolina 3

I mean, sure, Georgias defense could be that good, but that was not even close to top level offensive football.  Probably just a blip, but you do need to wonder if ClemSIN has seriously hurt its Tournament chances.  Sure, you can overcome one quality loss, but ClemSIN does not play anyone currently ranked for the rest of the season.  How impressive can their wins be?

Tennessee 27, Pittsburgh 21

Two so so teams that are really looking to be bowl eligible, maybe move up a spot in their conference rotations with a win.  Who says there is nothing worth fighting for in the world anymore?

Utah 23, BYU 17

Da Utes have won 9 in a row in the Holy War or this version of it. That actually surprises me.  BYU celebrates its impending admission to the Pure Prairie League which has exactly 0 schools in a comfortable two days drive from Provo, in the traditional way: losing to another Power 5 school.

Syracuse 24, Rutgers 16

I think it was Alcibiades in the Peloponnesian War, 415 B.C. He said, if Syracuse falls, all Sicily falls, and then Italy. He knew that Syracuse was the jugular of the island. Old Alcibiades always went for the throat. Syracuse will not fall. Rutgers will be bad this year.

the Pennsylvania State University 21, Ball State 0

Either Wisky and the PSU have elite defenses, or those two teams are in a world of offensive hurt. Or, I guess, both. PSU should be able to fight off the Battling Lettermen.

Texas 31, Arkansas 13

I am probably not the only one here old enough to remember this one being anointed the Game of the Century, winner takes the National Championship game by Richard Nixon.

* Southern

« Last Edit: September 09, 2021, 05:58:09 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: September 09, 2021, 05:50:32 PM »

Apostrophes and dashes apparently end posts when I copy and paste.

josh

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: September 09, 2021, 05:54:59 PM »

If you edit, putting the dash in, save, then edit and put the stuff after the dash in, it has worked for me.
The day Richard Nixon failed to answer that subpoena is the day he was subject to impeachment because he took the power from Congress over the impeachment process away from Congress, and he became the judge and jury." ~Lindsey Graham

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: September 09, 2021, 05:59:36 PM »

If you edit, putting the dash in, save, then edit and put the stuff after the dash in, it has worked for me.
The key word there is work. Which i am not doing for this.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: September 10, 2021, 01:12:24 PM »

Four targeting ejections in Louisville Ole Miss Game
Cargo must be throwing furniture

LOL.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: September 10, 2021, 01:18:18 PM »

Big 12 not dead yet. A good crop of teams actually all things considered. Houston is a large population center. UCF gets them in Florida. BYU has a decent following Cincy gets them in a good football region.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: September 10, 2021, 02:46:59 PM »

Big 12 not dead yet. A good crop of teams actually all things considered. Houston is a large population center. UCF gets them in Florida. BYU has a decent following Cincy gets them in a good football region.
Those are good points, but the Pure Prairie League has swapped TAMU, Missouri, Oklahoma and Texas for UCF, Houston,  Cincinnati and BYU. And while three of the schools are new markets, I doubt anyone would find it even a level swap. No one in Ohio thinks of Cinci when they think football. It is a commuter school, and its reach is purely local. Houston is a huge market, but even in its home it is at best the #3 program. Likewise UCF, which is probably #4 even in Orlando. I think these four teams are the best the Conference can do, but some team - or better two - has to step up strong to keep them relevant in football. Who is your traditional power now? Baylor? TCU? Iowa State? Okie State? Good.programs, but it is like if Iowa or NC State were the marquee program. In a playoff world, it is hard to see the current relevance.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 329