Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250649 times)

Espnthree

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #4830 on: September 27, 2023, 01:36:05 PM »

Michigan State made the firing of Tucker official.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4831 on: September 27, 2023, 10:36:17 PM »

Sadly,MSU is in a sad state off affairs and it will not be over for a long while.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4832 on: September 28, 2023, 01:54:04 PM »

Sadly,MSU is in a sad state off affairs and it will not be over for a long while.
While it was seem long to me -I was be pleasantly surprised to win two more.games this year- how long it will take.to rebound will depend.in large measure on the hire, how the recruits respond, and the portal. Much easier to turn a program around quickly now.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4833 on: September 28, 2023, 09:08:17 PM »

While it was seem long to me -I was be pleasantly surprised to win two more.games this year- how long it will take.to rebound will depend.in large measure on the hire, how the recruits respond, and the portal. Much easier to turn a program around quickly now.
10 years, minimum.
This is not the Big Ten( in numbers) anymore.  And there a lot of more appealing places to use the portal.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4834 on: October 02, 2023, 05:21:22 PM »

10 years, minimum.
This is not the Big Ten( in numbers) anymore.  And there a lot of more appealing places to use the portal.
Depends on the hire. Schools have rebounded quickly from bad situations.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4835 on: October 02, 2023, 06:30:38 PM »

10 years, minimum.
Depend on the hire. Schools have rebounded quickly from bad situations.
Trouble for MSU is USC,UCLA, Oregon,and Washington are now in th B!G.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4836 on: October 02, 2023, 07:07:21 PM »

10 years, minimum.
Why is that a problem? They were huge programs before, and they still are. They have access to Big Whatever recruiting markets and we have access to theirs. The right hire, the right recruiters and the program can turn around. Wrong hire and we are Illinois.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #4837 on: October 05, 2023, 01:58:24 PM »

10 years, minimum.
Why is that a problem?

Because those four will now be part of the Big Ten Tv contracts with three major networks  and the Big Ten Network, leading to more TV exposure and more TV revenue.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4838 on: October 05, 2023, 02:15:39 PM »

10 years, minimum.
Why is that a problem?

Because those four will now be part of the Big Ten Tv contracts with three major networks  and the Big Ten Network, leading to more TV exposure and more TV revenue.
Yes, but MSU will also have increased exposure in other markets as well,.particular on the left coast. That was the idea of expansion.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2023, 10:27:21 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4839 on: October 06, 2023, 11:24:27 AM »

My attempts to fix formatting have made it worse.

Anyway, the Big Whatever has released its in conference scheduling for the next five years, including announcing 12 protected match ups based on traditional geographic and trophy rivalries. What strikes me as odd is that none of the rivalries involve the Penn State. OK, I can see shelving the Land Grant Trophy game - we do not deserve it and it is such an ugly trophy - but why did the Big Whatever not protect the the PSU v the game? I would think the broadcast partners would demand that. But then, they do not have the and USC playing for two years, so they may not be as beholden to ratings concerns as I thought.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4840 on: October 19, 2023, 06:47:38 PM »

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/news/ncaa-investigates-michigan-for-alleged-in-person-scouting-michigan-state-notified-ahead-of-week-8-game/

Fucking cheaters should be forced to forfeit every game this year, including the ones they have not played. Or at least this Saturdays game.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile

Oilcan

• View Profile
« Reply #4842 on: October 23, 2023, 10:50:36 AM »

Came over to Sports to post that but of course the Michigander has it covered.  Not really that transgressive if it was just a trivia quiz, but the timing was horrible. 
Punch, brothers, punch with care!
Punch in the presence of the passenjare!

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4843 on: November 11, 2023, 09:05:16 PM »

I am beginning to think it is just possible Michigan State may not.be bowl eligible this year.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #4844 on: November 25, 2023, 07:30:00 AM »

Well thank God that is over. Bring on Jonathan (Not John and No L) Smith.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2023, 07:32:01 AM by Hairy Lime »
Pages: 1 ... 321 322 [323] 324 325 ... 329