Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 247165 times)

jbottle

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #705 on: October 20, 2018, 10:58:12 PM »

A funny thin happened on the way to the championship.

Bye

Bye

Bucky

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #706 on: October 20, 2018, 11:13:30 PM »

It's a beeeeeaaaauuutifuuulll night to drink Boilermakers

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: October 21, 2018, 12:00:51 AM »

Bye

Bye

Bucky
Win out and they will be in, unless Alabama does not win God's Conference.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: October 21, 2018, 09:10:38 AM »

Tough break Driver bro.

The good news is that your guys still control your destiny, I think. Although I'm not totally sure if losing to Purdue, at the moment, looks better than losing to Texas or USC.

Now with that being said, please plug your ears bro.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: October 21, 2018, 09:11:38 AM »

Hey Penn State!
0-4 against MSU and tOSU  over 2 years does not get you to the playoffs.

LMAO Skippy, Karma jumped up and took large bite right out of your ass didn't it.

And it could very well be that losing to Iowa and, chortle, Purdue might not get you into the playoffs either. 

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: October 21, 2018, 09:37:26 AM »

As I watched the Bama game Danielson threw out a stat that I had mentioned a couple of weeks ago.

Namely Bama's first half scoring average. I believe I heard him say that the Tide, who is #1 in the nation in scoring average, would still be 28th in total scoring per game if they only used their first half scoring average. So I did some research and discovered that they would now actually be 21st taking into consideration yesterday's game against Tennessee. BAM!  Uh.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: October 21, 2018, 09:43:43 AM »

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/page/roadtochamp102118/ohio-state-buckeyes-loss-felt-college-football-playoff-contenders

How Ohio State's loss will affect other playoff hopefuls

This is why the Big 12 isn't done yet.

It's why the Ohio State-Michigan game just got even bigger -- even though it's also why the Big Ten lost its chance to get both teams into the semifinals.

...Both Ohio State and Michigan should finish with a better schedule strength than Oklahoma, though the Sooners still have a chance to beat a ranked West Virginia team on the road and possibly avenge the regular-season loss to Texas by beating the Longhorns in the Big 12 title game. Ohio State has a neutral site nonconference win against TCU and a road win at Penn State, and it could further impress the committee with a win at Michigan State on Nov. 10 and a home win over rival Michigan on Nov. 24, plus the Big Ten title. Michigan, which could wind up having the best loss in the country if Notre Dame remains undefeated, also would have a playoff-worthy résumé if it wins the Big Ten. The Wolverines are in the midst of a three-game stretch against ranked opponents, having already defeated No. 15 Wisconsin and No. 24 Michigan State.

As Lee Corso says. NOT SO FAST MY FRIEND! :-)

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: October 21, 2018, 10:31:47 AM »

Of course the Pure Prairie League and the Big Whatever are still in the picture. A Notre Dame loss would likely put both leagues in it if tOSU or Meatchicken and Oklahoma or Texas runs the table. And of the two, the Big Whatever champ is most likely in if it comes.to a choice because the league strength gives tOSU and Meatchicken a better schedule of wins.

The analysis you posted has a bit of poll thinking in it. The Committee cares more about who you beat than who you lost to. That Oklahoma lost to Texas and tOSU lost to Purdue means less than tOSU otherwise running the gamut of the Big Whatever East while Oklahoma plays in a down Pure Prairie League. Meatchicken having the "best loss" will mean little if they go on to beat PSU, tOSU and Iowa.

The interesting thing is what the Committee would do with a one loss Washington State or Iowa as conference champions. Historically, the Committee has not considered the resume of a two loss team, even a two loss conference champion, to be equal to the resume of a one loss team. It would be interesting to see how the Committee treats those two compared to,.say, a two loss Georgia that loses to Alabama in the God's Conference title game.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #713 on: October 21, 2018, 10:36:03 AM »

Tough break Driver bro.

The good news is that your guys still control your destiny, I think. Although I'm not totally sure if losing to Purdue, at the moment, looks better than losing to Texas or USC.
As I noted, the Committee cares more about who you beat than who you lost to. We should habe learned that from year one, when the Committee continued to rate TCU over Baylor and wound up putting tOSU in despite having the "worst" loss among one loss teams.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: October 21, 2018, 10:50:42 AM »

Maybe they do maybe they don't, they didn't seem to care about PSU beating OSU a couple of years back. Personally I think they are, and have been, inconsistent and all over the place since their inception.

But really I don't feel like rehashing that argument again.

Bottomline: OSU is no lock if they win out that's for sure. A probable yes as I said to Driver, but not a lock.

All that said dude, lets move on to Purdue and one of the reasons that, eventually, losing to them might not be all that bad.

They've won 4 in a row and have kicked ass in doing it. Winning by an average of almost 25 ppg. In their 3 loses, again all in a row early, it was losing by an average of less than a FG. Should they keep winning(next opponent the Sparties) the loss might not hurt the Buckeyes as much as one would think again assuming they keep winning or at least turn it around and garner themselves a bowl game bid.

Yes? No?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 10:52:16 AM by CaptainCargo »

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #715 on: October 21, 2018, 12:30:48 PM »

Funny how the bucknut traveling contortionist show has begun!!  Beyond your wildest imagination!!  You won’t believe you eyes or nose!!  The bullish!t that defies all reason and mans understanding of the rules of the physical universe!!

The SNOWGLOBE is shaken, not stirred, and with a wetted finger to the prevailing winds of pop whimsy, cautious observers are refusing to roll out the fat lady until the Family Pretzel has performed.  The ooos and aaahs are coming, certainly!!

Really!!

I promise, and with every SWEATINMYVEST, I swear there’s uh-poss (burp)...a poss...a poss...a (burp) possibility (glug)...
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 12:33:25 PM by jbottle »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: October 21, 2018, 12:44:51 PM »

Bye

Bye

Bucky
Win out and they will be in, unless Alabama does not win God's Conference.
I think in your second scenario a one loss Michigan or Ohio State beats out a one loss Oklahoma on strength of schedule for the final spot.  The only definitive result of the Purdue shellacking is the B1G lost a shot at two teams in the final four.
Of course the Buckeyes have to cobble together a running game, stop committing so many penalties, and prevent big plays by lesser teams. I don’t think that will happen.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: October 21, 2018, 12:56:17 PM »

2 teams in the playoffs, please see Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams...”

Get freaking real, dude, that pathetic fake bluster is what defines Biggie Smalls.

Put another way:  You just PLAYED YOURSELF.

You can not make this sh!t up, smh.

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: October 21, 2018, 01:15:03 PM »

Maybe they do maybe they don't, they didn't seem to care about PSU beating OSU a couple of years back. Personally I think they are, and have been, inconsistent and all over the place since their inception.

But really I don't feel like rehashing that argument again.
They have been remarkably consistent, but we can get into that later.

Bottomline: OSU is no lock if they win out that's for sure. A probable yes as I said to Driver, but not a lock.
I think a one loss Meatchicken or tOSU are a lock, over Oklahoma or Texas. WSU would not be in the picture against either. Putting a one loss Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie would make the decision on the fourth interesting.

All that said dude, lets move on to Purdue and one of the reasons that, eventually, losing to them might not be all that bad.

They've won 4 in a row and have kicked ass in doing it. Winning by an average of almost 25 ppg. In their 3 loses, again all in a row early, it was losing by an average of less than a FG. Should they keep winning(next opponent the Sparties) the loss might not hurt the Buckeyes as much as one would think again assuming they keep winning or at least turn it around and garner themselves a bowl game bid.

Yes? No?
Purdue has a great coach. A team to watch that is getting better. I am just glad yankguy didn't send a kid there.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2018, 01:17:06 PM by whiskeypriest »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: October 21, 2018, 01:16:45 PM »

2 teams in the playoffs, please see Roy Orbison’s “In Dreams...”
The SEC has a shot at two teams, no one else, in case you misunderstood me.
Pages: 1 ... 46 47 [48] 49 50 ... 329