Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250319 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #780 on: October 28, 2018, 10:39:54 AM »

Red Sox win, NU hockey takes out unbeaten St. Cloud State and Cal beats someone with a pulse. Oh and SU puts a hurtin on NC State. A good day and it's a Seven dollar bottle of red tonight

And more than three years old too. :-)
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #781 on: October 28, 2018, 10:47:03 AM »

As I said earlier Army has itself a pretty darned good team. Look out Navy.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=401013372

Army routs Eastern Michigan, clinches bowl eligibility for third straight season:

YPSILANTI, Mich. -- After battling through a 2-10 season as a freshman, Jordan Asberry knows the depth of where the Army football program was when coach Jeff Monken took over in 2014.

Now bowl eligible after Saturday's rainy 37-22 win at Eastern Michigan, the senior running back should close his career in the postseason for a third straight year -- a first for the Black Knights.

"Coach Monken and the staff have turned this program around," said Asberry, who caught a touchdown and ran for another. "We worked real hard, but we didn't really see the fruit of our labor [in 2015].

"That sets the stage for finishing this year strong, but also the next season for the guys that are going to be playing next year."

The streak of three bowl-eligible seasons is the longest in program history for Army, who controlled the clock against Eastern Michigan by outgaining the Eagles 289-34 on the ground, earning its fourth straight win.

Army (6-2), which led the nation averaging 39 minutes of possession per game, had the ball for 45 minutes, 42 seconds on Saturday.

Eastern Michigan (4-5) did not have a first down in the first half of its homecoming game, going three-and-out on its first four possessions and running one play on its fifth before halftime.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #782 on: October 28, 2018, 10:51:43 AM »

Speaking of Kentucky

I believe I said they have a shot at 10-2 a while back.

They may not look pretty, but they have an eat the clock up offense and a stingy little defense. And I still think they still have a shot at that 10-2 mark.

Mark up another win for the Wildcats.

They definitely aren't pretty and it looks like they're doing it with mirrors sometimes. But a winzawin.

http://www.espn.com/college-football/video?gameId=401012322
« Last Edit: October 28, 2018, 11:51:52 AM by CaptainCargo »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #783 on: October 28, 2018, 05:36:42 PM »

So, get ready for some showdowns week.

Four SEC teams in the AP top ten in two games that will likely decide the League Title Game match up.
In the West Alabama at LSU and in the East Georgia at Kentucky.

LSU’s defense ranks 30th  in the nation in yards allowed per play(4.79).
No team ‘Bama has played this year has been ranked lower than 81st in the same stat.  For the Tide on offense quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has yet to take a snap in the 4th quarter of ANY game this year. Alabama has been that dominant.

On the Blue Grass Parkway between Lexington and Louisville  traffic will be heavy both ways this weekend. Horse racing fans will be headed to Churchill Downs for the Breeders Cup. But just as many will be heading to Lexington as the Kentucky Wildcats try to wrap up the SEC East by beating Georgia.
StubHub lists comparable tickets to both events at $300 and up.

In Evanston, Illinois another Cinderella team, Northwestern, is atop the Big Ten West and awaits powerful Notre Dame, probably the biggest test of the year left for the undefeated Irish.

Penn State has played in five games this year decided by 6 points or fewer.
That last happened in 1894.  It could happen again this week in Ann Arbor against Michigan where the Wolverines are clicking right along toward a B1G West Title.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #784 on: October 29, 2018, 11:26:58 AM »

I can't remember when 11 teams in the Top 25 all went down in the same weekend.

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #785 on: October 29, 2018, 11:40:37 AM »

I can't remember when 11 teams in the Top 25 all went down in the same weekend.
Considering all the byes, including Alabama, LSU, Meatchicken and tOSU, that is more than half of the ones that played.

Lincoln Riley will look great coaching the Browns next year.
I like to think you killed a man. It's the Romantic in me.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #786 on: October 29, 2018, 11:40:41 AM »

Four SEC teams in the AP top ten in two games that will likely decide the League Title Game match up.

No team ‘Bama has played this year has been ranked lower than 81st in the same stat.  For the Tide on offense quarterback Tua Tagovailoa has yet to take a snap in the 4th quarter of ANY game this year. Alabama has been that dominant.

On the Blue Grass Parkway between Lexington and Louisville  traffic will be heavy both ways this weekend. Horse racing fans will be headed to Churchill Downs for the Breeders Cup. But just as many will be heading to Lexington as the Kentucky Wildcats try to wrap up the SEC East by beating Georgia.

In Evanston, Illinois another Cinderella team, Northwestern, is atop the Big Ten West and awaits powerful Notre Dame, probably the biggest test of the year left for the undefeated Irish.

That last happened in 1894.  It could happen again this week in Ann Arbor against Michigan where the Wolverines are clicking right along toward a B1G West Title.

LSU will be without their best LB for the first half thanks to another bullshit targeting call. LSU is 7th in the nation in scoring defense. That stat is about to take a bit of a hit.

Kentucky is in trouble. But has a punchers shot.

The Mich defense is a tough nut to crack I have my doubt that PSU can do it.

All of the teams above except PSU is in the Top 15 nationally in scoring defense.(Note: Kentucky is #1)

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #787 on: October 29, 2018, 11:51:10 AM »

LSU will be without their best LB for the first half thanks to another bullshit targeting call. LSU is 7th in the nation in scoring defense. That stat is about to take a bit of a hit.

Kentucky is in trouble. But has a punchers shot.

The Mich defense is a tough nut to crack I have my doubt that PSU can do it.

All of the teams above except PSU is in the Top 15 nationally in scoring defense.(Note: Kentucky is #1)
PSU,beating Meatchicken sets up the real life, non-theoretical, possibility of three conferences having a two loss champion. Be interesting to see what happens if Notre Dame ends the season with only one loss.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #788 on: October 29, 2018, 01:17:55 PM »

If the Irish take NW for granted they will be in big trouble.

In fact every game they have left has potential upset written all over them.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #789 on: October 29, 2018, 08:44:16 PM »

What a roller coaster game that was Scotty. The Trojans came up a bit short.

Yes.  The first 1-1/2 quarters were not much fun, but after that I thought it was an entertaining game. 
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #790 on: October 29, 2018, 08:45:23 PM »

All the best teams lose to the Sun Devils.

:)   so...we have that going for us
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #791 on: October 29, 2018, 08:47:22 PM »

Lincoln Riley will look great coaching the Browns next year.

Not if Jerry Jones has anything to say about it.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #793 on: October 30, 2018, 03:22:13 PM »

Predictions for the first Committee rankings:

1. Alabama
2. ClemSIN
Dead Man's Hand: LSU
4. Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie
5. Georgia
6. Meatchicken
7. Oklahoma
8. tOSU
9. Kentucky
10. Florida
11. Washington State
12. the Pennsylvania State university
13. West Virginia
14. UCF

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #794 on: October 30, 2018, 04:18:13 PM »

It looks like Durkin will return to coaching at Maryland.  Terrible decision.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 329