Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250225 times)

jbottle

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2730 on: October 12, 2019, 04:04:11 PM »

; 2.  The act of collosal failure by any favourite by a failure of discipline or coaching, particularly in the manner of Thomas Bowden...

bankshot1

• View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: October 12, 2019, 04:19:13 PM »

and Bama takes the hit and lands a 1, 2

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: October 12, 2019, 04:20:03 PM »

Wait, transitive??

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: October 12, 2019, 06:34:24 PM »

That never happens.

The transverse property has Heels beating Cocks beating Dogs.

Don’t feel as bad about our surviving in Chapel Hill.

My reliable source who played the game quipped about our struggle there:  “It’s all about adrenaline...”

The great equalizer.

But Cocks doing that on the road is impressive with a 3rd stringer to boot.

SC's defense was the star IMO.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: October 12, 2019, 09:12:09 PM »

7-6 at halftime. Not a bad game if you don't include the Iowa guy trying to blind our QB.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: October 12, 2019, 09:53:51 PM »

That never happens.

My reliable source who played the game quipped about our struggle there:  “It’s all about adrenaline...”

The great equalizer.

LOL.
Georgia piled up 500 yards of offense, the Cocks 297.
The Bulldogs self destructed, Fromm was mediocre and Kirby was smart(less).
Georgia has a lot of big games left ( LSU, Florida, Auburn.) But this loss  is an embarrassment which the Committee will penalize Georgia for and rightly so.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: October 13, 2019, 09:00:34 AM »

Well, I learned my lesson.  I will not be picking MSU to win this Saturday,  that's for sure.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: October 13, 2019, 10:21:59 AM »

It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: October 13, 2019, 04:06:46 PM »

What came first the Irish Referee or the Legend of Notre Dame, you have to blow them out, it’s the only and final solution.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: October 13, 2019, 06:14:06 PM »

Notes from Saturday

Every Purdue touchdown in a 40-14 win against Maryland involved a freshman.

Since taking a 49-17 lead against UCLA, Washington State has been outscored 126-61 and hasn’t won a game.(3-3 including a loss to UCLA)

Undefeated Minnesota has won eight consecutive games for the first time since 1948-49(6-0 and ranked #20)

Wisconsin is the first FBS team since 1967 Oklahoma to have four shutouts in its first six game

Of the 62 first place votes in the AP poll 30 went to Alabama, 32 were split between LSU, tOSU, and Clemson (the Coaches’ 1st place votes were 44-21 Alabama)

7 of the top ten teams ( both polls) are from the SEC and the B1G

« Last Edit: October 13, 2019, 06:17:40 PM by Espnthree »

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: October 14, 2019, 03:38:35 AM »

TOP 25 slate for WEEK 7

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/scoreboard/top25/

Picks (vs spread) to come

Missed quite a few.....

(50-63)

Arizona State  +1  vs  Washington St    W

Alabama  -17  at  Texas A and M     W

Wisconsin  -9.5  vs  Michigan State    W

Houston  +8.5  vs   Cincinnati     L

Clemson  -26.5  vs   Florida St      W

Texas Tech  +10.5  at   Baylor     W

Iowa  +3.5  vs   Penn State      L

Wake Forest  -7  vs   Louisville      L

USC  +10.5  vs   Notre Dame      W

Utah  -15  at   Oregon State       W

Florida  +14  at   LSU       push

Boise State  -13  vs   Hawaii       W

8-3 slate
9-4 week

58-66 season
« Last Edit: October 14, 2019, 03:40:20 AM by kiidcarter8 »

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: October 14, 2019, 06:56:11 PM »

That never happens.

The great equalizer.

LOL.
Georgia piled up 500 yards of offense, the Cocks 297.
The Bulldogs self destructed, Fromm was mediocre and Kirby was smart(less).
Georgia has a lot of big games left ( LSU, Florida, Auburn.) But this loss  is an embarrassment which the Committee will penalize Georgia for and rightly so.

They made the plays when they needed to, ball watcher.

Georgia didn't have a run over 14 yards and only 2 over 10 yards, and if you've been paying attention Georgia is known for their big play running. It's their bread and butter. SC picked off Georgia 3 times, stopped the Dawgs on a critical 4th down play and recovered a fumble by Fromm. Fromm went 28 for 51 through the air, setting career highs for pass attempts and incompletions. They had Fromm all nervous and jerky throughout the game.They also held the Dawgs to only a 50% success rate on 3rd down tries.

Mistakes? Georgia only had 6 penalties to SC's 11. And don't count the interceptions as only Georgia mistakes. The DB's still have to catch that ball or it's just an incompletion. And lastly SC's weak offense meant the Cock's defense had to be on the field for 36 minutes of the game. The end result is they hold the Dawgs to 17 points or about three TDs below their average. Yeah, defense Skippy. Defense.

Stick to playing with yourself, something you're good at.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2742 on: October 14, 2019, 06:59:38 PM »

Well, I learned my lesson.  I will not be picking MSU to win this Saturday,  that's for sure.

Funny.

I gotta tell you I had expected the Sparties to have a bit better O than they've shown so far Steve. A little speed to the outside running the rock would help I think.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: October 14, 2019, 07:03:02 PM »

TOP 25 slate for WEEK 7

https://www.cbssports.com/college-football/scoreboard/top25/

Picks (vs spread) to come

Missed quite a few.....

(50-63)

Arizona State  +1  vs  Washington St    W

Alabama  -17  at  Texas A and M     W

Wisconsin  -9.5  vs  Michigan State    W

Houston  +8.5  vs   Cincinnati     L

Clemson  -26.5  vs   Florida St      W

Texas Tech  +10.5  at   Baylor     W

Iowa  +3.5  vs   Penn State      L

Wake Forest  -7  vs   Louisville      L

USC  +10.5  vs   Notre Dame      W

Utah  -15  at   Oregon State       W

Florida  +14  at   LSU       push

Boise State  -13  vs   Hawaii       W

8-3 slate
9-4 week

58-66 season

Really good stuff Bro. Sorry I didn't have time to get them in before game time.  You'll have to get them up a little faster on Friday.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2744 on: October 17, 2019, 01:46:30 PM »

THE 42, Northwestern 3

NU has a stout defense, but it is not as good as Former Eventual National Champion Michigan State’s. They have a bad offense, one that is even worse than Former Eventual National Champion Michigan State’s.  The is rolling, and outside of Wisky and maybe the Pennsylvania State University, it is hard to see a team on their schedule that will get in their way.  This may be the best The team I have seen since Troy Smith’s senior season (note: did not end well), but then the last two years The lost to Iowa and Purdue, so there is the chance of a fatal lapse.

Florida 31, South Carolina 10

All right, time to believe in Florida.  The Cacks shot their wad last weekend.  Hilinski is back, which is nice – there is no one in CFB outside of East Lansing I want better for – but while the Cacks ran against a Clemsoning Georgia, I expect Florida to have taken notice.

ClemSIN 52, Louisville 31

I do not think Louisville is any damn good, but they sure seem to be entertaining, in an are you sure they are not coached by Mike Leach sort of way.  They can put up some points on the SIN, but I doubt they can stop ClemSIN from scoring at will.

Wisconsin 49, Illinois 10

At this point, I am trying to cover all of the power 5 unbeatens, which is the only reason to waste brain cells calculating how big a margin of victory this is going to be.  One thing CFB 2019 has proven beyond any reasonable doubt: Wisky is better than any college team in the State of Michigan by a pretty large margin.

the Louisiana State 47, the Old Missississippi State 17

Burrows passed his test.  This is a high powered, quick strike offense backed by a good but not great defense.  Cannot wait to see them against Alabama.  God’s Conference has maybe five or six of the top 15 teams in the country… and a bunch of meh and dreck.  LSU is one of the Top 4 teams right now.  State is meh.

Minnesota 35, Rutgers 3

While there is better depth in the Big Whatever than in God’s Conference, Rutgers is at a MAC level of badness.  Minnesota is going to be 7 – 0, and they are not good.

Oregon 32, Washington 17

Oregon’s the PAWCP’s last best chance to make the playoffs, but they need to run the table.  I still have my doubts about Herbert’s ability to actually function well in an offense, as opposed to function brilliantly in workouts, but he looked good against the Buffs last week.  Maybe he is going to start matching result and talent.

University of California* 28, Arizona 14

Zona still have a RichRod style quarterback, and I do not think it serves them well.  I wonder how long before they move on to Gunnell permanently.

* Southern

Utah 28, the Arizona State 24

The Fightin’ Herms have been better than reports I had made them out to be, but I think the Utes are a better balanced, better rounded team.

the Pennsylvania State 27, Methchicken 9

Methchicken allowed a pretty spirited Illini come back last week, but I still like their defense.  PSU’s defense seems a little better, and their offense can function at a higher level than Methchicken’s.  I don’t think either team will be more than a speed bump to what may be the best The team I have seen since etc, but PSU does have the chance to be.

the Boise State 35, BYU 23

the Boise State is the best of the Gang of 5 teams, I think. BYU beat SC on its third string QB, but have not looked good the other two games they played against quality competition.

Alabama 50, Tennessee 3

When is the last time a former assistant beat Nick Saban? I do not know (Just looked it up: Never.), but I know when the next time won’t be.

the Oklahoma State 35, Baylor 21

I think I have covered the major unbeatens… I am glad Baylor is rising from the ashes of the Briles era.  They still have a ways to go though.

Maryland 27, Indiana 26

I always try to cover the alma maters/favorite teams of our forum regulars.  Sometimes doing so is a real fucking chore.

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 329