Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250220 times)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #2775 on: October 21, 2019, 03:28:21 PM »

And the “whiteout” is one of the dumbest things to me, but no doubt it’s legit.  It just seems so “white.”

The rest of the Big Whatever is organizing a suit against Penn State for "White Out Privilege."

Their days are numbered.
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: October 21, 2019, 03:30:44 PM »

Don’t know if I told y’all this though on the college football front, my BIL went with his boys to the A&M game opener and said they couldn’t buy a beer, he said it was nuts how generous their fans were, like thanks for showing up in Texas, your money no good, I was like fuk, good job TX.

I have heard that A&M fans are like normal people compared to Longhorn fans.  Sounds like it may be true?
It's hard to win an argument with a smart person...it's damn near impossible to win an argument with an idiot.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: October 21, 2019, 05:21:44 PM »

Apparently, that can kinda be the case with Ag/Eng land grant universities generally, arguably, but he was pretty emphatic that it was like, everybody, he said they literycouldnt buy a beer...

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: October 21, 2019, 05:46:44 PM »

Eventual 2019-2020 National ChampionMichigan State University 24, the Pennsylvania State 16

For the record, we remain the only defense to hold THE to under 40 points in a game.  Which along with a nickel gets you... nothing. 5 cents doesn’t buy fuck all these days.  Anyway, I do think our defense rebounds from the embarrassment at Wisky, and we manage just enough offense to get by at home. Besides, it is a trap game; the PSU is coming off their win over Methchicken and looking forward to the epic battle with the unbeaten Gophers, and will be looking past us.   Besides, as I have noted before, now is the time for optimism; reality can be dealt with later.

Houston 27, S&MU 21

After Boise’s loss, SMU is next up in the Gang of Five barrel.  The Ponies are unbeaten against a fairly soft schedule, while Houston gave Oklahoma a pretty good game.  Right now, it looks like Cinci is the best bet for the Non-Power 5 team in the Big Six.

THE 35, Wisconsin 13

Weird things happen in CFB.  Wisky loses to a bad Illinois team – one appreciably worse than several teams it handled easily, UNC comes within a bad no call of beating ClemSIN, Maryland looks like good team for a couple weeks.  It would not surprise me if this game was closer than this.  But it is in the Shoe, and THE has a talent and speed advantage pretty much everywhere – well, Wisky’s D Line may be a match for THE’s O Line – and when they execute it is hard to see anyone stopping them.  Execution is a question of preparation, and Wisky will not be catching THE napping.

Oklahoma 45, the Kansas State 13

Like THE, only one team has held Oklahoma to under 40 – Texas.  But in addition to the offense, Oklahoma has shown a relatively pretty good defense – relative to the Pure Prairie League, that is.  KSU is not a bad team, but that is a limited at best bit of praise.

the Louisiana State 35, Auburn 21

LSU, like THE and Oklahoma, has also been held under 40 points once, like THE, it was MSU that limited them.  Auburn put 50 + up on MSU, so fans of the transitive properties of football wins can figure out that math, and factor in Florida.  I do not have great confidence in Auburn’s offense and QB play, despite the occasional explosion.

Minnesota 27, Maryland 17

Really, the Gophers have yet to lose.  Granted, they will wind up with at least three losses, but not this game.  Syracuse must be AWFUL.

Alabama 35, Arkansas 3

Tua’s absence may eventually derail Alabama, but not this week.  I picture Mac Jones singing country songs while driving a pick up truck drunk on his ass on Southern Comfort.  So, perfect for Alabama.  If he was also sleeping with his sister, perfect for ClemSIN. So – I have said before that the Committee will not take a non-champ over a one loss conference champ.  But what if that one loss team is Alabama?  And the loss is to an LSU team, with out, or with a limited, Tua? Would they get in over a one loss ClemSIN, Oklahoma or THE?  Granted, I do not see either of those teams losing right now, but CFB is weird.

Boston College 35, ClemSIN 31

Calling the upset.*  Karma! Suck it jbott!

University of California (Southern) 27, Colorado10

The Men of Troy are on a mission to see if 8 – 4 can save Clay Helton’s job (No.).  Colorado has had one really good half of football this year.

Methchicken 24, Our Lady of the Perpetual Tie 17

Fuck this game.  Just fuck it.  Methchicken has its second loss in conference and is officially irrelevant.  Time to take out the Golden Bedpans.

Oregon 31, the Washington State 28

Oregon played with a second loss last week against UDub.  This one is at Oregon, so I will go with the home team.  The PAWCP is not dead yet, but unless Oregon or Utah win out – far from certain – they are out of the playoffs again.  Really, I think they also need either the Big Whatever or Pure Prairie League champ to have lost twice anyway.

Utah 27, University of California ( ) 7

Last of the real playoff possibilities.  I think we tend to forget about Utah, but they do have only one loss and running the table at least keeps them in the picture.  The difference between Cal and Minnesota is after winning the first four games, Cal started playing teams that do not suck. Well, and Oregon State.

Pittsburgh 35, Miami 13

Is Pitt the class of the South Atlantic League Coastal?  Maybe.  Is it anywhere near being “Coastal”?  The fuck.  Manny Diaz should have taken the Temple job.

Iowa 12, Northwestern 9

Because this is beyond all hope the single most boring game involving a Top 25 team on the board and I want to see if I can induce narcolepsy in cap when he thinks about his picks.

Iowa State 28, Oklahoma State 24

ISU has righted the ship a bit after a sputtering start.  According to my preview article, Oklahoma
State is “7th in the Big 12”, which is deceiving.

* No I’m not. ClemSIN 45, Boston College 14.

Because they are just better, and Jennifer Lawrence’s struggles are mostly relative to last year.

The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 21, 2019, 08:18:00 PM »

I didn't lose a single game I bet on.

I've often been amazed by you.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

kiidcarter8

• View Profile

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 22, 2019, 10:46:28 AM »

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 22, 2019, 01:39:28 PM »

Good that the school took a stand.  You are right though...  Was it really that hard to sit one player for one game?

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: October 22, 2019, 02:42:02 PM »

Mich St. 19, Penn St. 23

Just my luck that this is the week the Spartans get a clue on offense. Thus far they haven't been able to get out of their own way. We haven't been much better at times. Both teams sport decent defenses.

Houston 27, S&MU 37

SMU averages almost 44 ppg. Houston's D is giving up 28 ppg, minus Prairie View. The Washington Cougars, whose defense is beyond bad since they lost their DC, held Houston to 24 points.

THE 39, Wisconsin 17

Every week my gorge gets a little closer to erupting, as I am now nearly certain that the National Champion this year will be the Buckeyed. Someone turn on the Bat signal!

Oklahoma 45, the Kansas State 19

Oklahoma is the team that scarfed Leach's DC.

LSU 30, Auburn 21

Should be a great game to watch. Last team to score...

Minnesota 27, Maryland 17

With the exception of the SDS Jackrabbits the Gophers haven't played a team with a defensive pulse.

Alabama 42, Arkansas 10

Sabin might go into the old run mode. Something they've gotten away from.

Boston College 23, Clemson 41

Another win for Clemson while everyone still acts unimpressed.

USC 37, Colorado 17

SC should win the game. The OL still has issues but the new style of signal calling seems to be gelling. The defense is actually pretty decent.

Michigan 24, Notre Dame 34

You keep hearing how Harbaugh's job isn't in any jeopardy. I don't believe that for an instant.

Oregon 41, the Washington State 28

Wash St's defense is in a shambles. Friggin DC swiping Sooners.

Utah 27, University of California 20

Game stacks up to be watchable I think.

Pittsburgh 35, Miami 29

WTFC?

Iowa 20, Northwestern 18

I'm not sure as to the watchability of this game outside of their local hillbillies.(Watchabillies, I think I just invented a new term) Wait, do they even have hills there?

Iowa State 28, Oklahoma State 24

Beats me who wins. I'll take Steve's score.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 22, 2019, 07:16:44 PM »

“*,” funny whisk, Tlaw not Jlaw, bit of a stretch.

There are a lot of fans who are like “he’s awesum, but I just wish he’d cut that hair...”

I do not care, and fear how the gods of football might judge him.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 23, 2019, 04:06:25 PM »

El Capitan,  the job at Michigan that is in peril is the Offensive Play caller, OC.  He calls plays
Like he has no idea what play he may call next.  He reminds me of how Brian Kelly at ND used to call plays before he realized how bad he was at it.  In a nut shell, they try to figure out what MIGHT work for three quarters and then, finally, score two or three TD's in the 4th quarter.
I don't know if Harbaugh ever calls his own plays, but I think he better start.

Michigan is NOT getting anything close out of their offensive players. And they have some good ones. 

Note to Harbaugh:  wake up and call the plays!!!!!!

You could be right. But He's the Head Ball Coach. The axe could fall on his head, I think, if he has a 7-5 season. And he just might.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 23, 2019, 04:09:02 PM »

There are a lot of fans who are like “he’s awesum, but I just wish he’d cut that hair...”

JB,  remind the Tiger fans what happened to Samson when his hair was cut.

I had hair halfway down my back when I played. Never made me play better.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 23, 2019, 04:24:21 PM »

JB,  remind the Tiger fans what happened to Samson when his hair was cut.

I had hair halfway down my back when I played. Never made me play better.
I still have hair all the way down my back. Top of my head, on the other hand....
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 24, 2019, 10:21:34 AM »

Thursday 10/24 top 25

SMU. -14. at. Houston
- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -

kidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 24, 2019, 10:25:47 AM »

- Prayers for Paul Pelosi -