Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Installed latest version of forum software, had a large number of incompatibilities with older version, unfortunately needs to be a clean reboot.  I did attempt to import users from last iteration.  There seems to be a login bug where you have to click the login link and go to the login page to get in. Not sure why yet. 

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 2016 times)

TrojanHorse

• View Profile
You will not be punished for your anger. You will be punished by your anger.
                                                         -The Budda

CaptainCargo

• I see you eyeballing that French girl
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #181 on: Today at 08:54:35 AM »

'dichotomous'

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”  Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn

whiskeypriest

• What does it matter? All is grace.
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: Today at 09:29:53 AM »

It's that careless disrespect/I can't take no more baby/It's the way that you don't love me/When you say you do baby.

CaptainCargo

• View Profile
'dichotomous'

“To paraphrase Oedipus, Hamlet, Lear, and all those guys, "I wish I had known this some time ago.”  Roger Zelazny, Sign of the Unicorn

CaptainCargo

• View Profile
« Reply #184 on: Today at 09:40:47 AM »

https://thespun.com/big-ten/ohio-state-football-news/brett-mcmurphy-polled-16-ads-on-whether-they-think-urban-meyer-will-be-fired

Unsurprisingly, the decisions were mixed. The answers ranged from “there’s no way you can keep him” to “I think they will keep him if they can’t 100 percent fire with cause.”

...Most of the 16 ADs believe Meyer will not remain the head coach at Ohio State, though many left it up to the investigative process

'dichotomous'

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #185 on: Today at 09:44:37 AM »

Meyer is a much closer case than Durkin who I assume has his bags packed already
Reach out your hand if your cup be empty. If your cup is full may it be again. Let it be known there is a fountain that was not made by the hands of men.

CaptainCargo

• View Profile
« Reply #186 on: Today at 10:03:33 AM »

Doyel: Urban Meyer will be fired unless Ohio State values winning above truth

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/columnists/gregg-doyel/2018/08/04/urban-meyer-fired-unless-ohio-state-values-winning-above-truth/907484002/

"...Or not.

Ohio State will not fire Urban Meyer because he has admitted his mistake, admitted his lie, learned his lesson, surely won’t ever do that again. Ohio State will not fire Meyer because he did, ultimately, do the right thing when he fired Smith on July 23 after a report surfaced about a pattern of domestic violence allegations against Smith. And Meyer did, ultimately, do the right thing by clarifying what he knew about the 2015 allegation and when he knew it.

Also, Ohio State will not fire Urban Meyer because he is the second-most successful coach in college football, behind only Alabama’s Nick Saban, and because Ohio State needs Meyer’s football program to generate enough money to fund just about every other sport on campus – and because Meyer’s $90 million football program does it. Ohio State will not fire Meyer because the school cannot simply replace a force of nature like this, not with any reasonable expectation of staying among the top five programs in college football.

Unless Ohio State decides winning isn’t everything.

In which case, Ohio State will fire Meyer because he didn’t merely tell a lie. What he did was so much worse. What he did was take a known allegation of domestic violence – known to him, because the alleged perpetrator, Zach Smith, had told him about it in 2015 – and pretended it never happened.

Insisted it never happened.

Ohio State will fire Urban Meyer because he took a page out of the Lance Armstrong Liar’s Playbook and went far beyond lying to protect himself. Ohio State will fire Meyer because, when he lied at Big Ten media day about the 2015 incident, he turned the tables on his accusers – and undermined the alleged victim, Courtney Smith – by saying: “There’s nothing … I don’t know who would make a story like that.”

Meyer lied so forcefully, he made whoever was telling the truth out to be the bad guy.

That’s why Ohio State will fire Meyer, and not because – though it really deserves to be mentioned – he has a track record of talking tough about domestic violence and swinging a very small stick

Remember Meyer’s reign of terror at Florida, where dozens of his players were arrested – literally, more than 30 Gators were arrested in his six years there  –including a running back named Chris Rainey, who was charged with aggravated stalking after he texted a woman that it was “time to die.”

Meyer let Rainey play again because Rainey was fast. And fast players beat less fast players. Florida didn't fire Meyer for that egregious lack of human decency because Florida was spineless.
"

Is OSU also spineless? We will see.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:09:37 AM by CaptainCargo »
'dichotomous'

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #187 on: Today at 10:56:38 AM »

While i am only about 85% certain Meyer will coach in 2018, I am 100% certain he will coach in 2019, if he wants to. And the majority of those Red Queen ADs polled will be the ones knocking at his door.
« Last Edit: Today at 10:58:32 AM by whiskeypriest »
It's that careless disrespect/I can't take no more baby/It's the way that you don't love me/When you say you do baby.

CaptainCargo

• View Profile
« Reply #188 on: Today at 03:36:39 PM »

Clemson and LSU schedule home and home games:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24382930/clemson-tigers-lsu-tigers-schedule-games-2025-26-seasons

It's a ways off but I'm likin it.
'dichotomous'

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #189 on: Today at 05:00:24 PM »

Also, Ohio State will not fire Urban Meyer because he is the second-most successful coach in college football, behind only Alabama’s Nick Saban, and because Ohio State needs Meyer’s football program to generate enough money to fund just about every other sport on campus – and because Meyer’s $90 million football program does it. Ohio State will not fire Meyer because the school cannot simply replace a force of nature like this, not with any reasonable expectation of staying among the top five programs in college football.
Every coach at tOSU since the 1950’s has run a football program that underwrites the majority of the costs of the Athletic Department. Even John Cooper.
« Last Edit: Today at 05:02:08 PM by Espnthree »

whiskeypriest

• View Profile
« Reply #190 on: Today at 05:17:13 PM »

Clemson and LSU schedule home and home games:

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/24382930/clemson-tigers-lsu-tigers-schedule-games-2025-26-seasons

It's a ways off but I'm likin it.
About time ClemSIN stopped scheduling nothing but low life wimps out of conference. Maybe now they will step up and finally schedule Indiana.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13]