Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 254593 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3060 on: November 22, 2019, 12:21:09 PM »

Went East for five weeks with no internet and couldn't get back into the site. Changed my password and it let me back in. Was going to make it ohiostsucks
I was thinking of starting a Faulkner discussion just to see if you were dead.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3061 on: November 22, 2019, 12:37:09 PM »

Next week Alabama plays a nobody.
Then it plays a 3 loss (albeit primary Rival) Auburn.
Absent chaos from the rest of the contenders the Tide probably falls from five based on SOS alone.

But that has nothing to do with the facts this year.

Here's a few facts for you:

Three loss Auburn beat #6 Oregon. And their three losses were to the #1, #4, and #10 teams in the nation, by an average of only 7 points per game. So their metrics actually look very good.

Making them out to sound like they're the same as the 7-3 Indiana Who?siers is patently fatuous.
You have a point, but consider, Alabama's hope to improve their SoS will be a win against a four loss team in at best, the 20s range in the Committee rankings. Compare that to who the teams around them will be playing.  Without a conference championship on their record - which would also give them a better win - Alabama is going to be hurt for the God's Conference luck of the draw this year. I suppose they might be in the argument if there.are a couple of two loss champions - the committee really, really hates that second loss - but only if LSU beats Georgia.

And you have a good point/s too.

I don't know how much leeway the committee has for just good old fashion common sense.(If they have any at all)

Also SOS isn't everything, and at this juncture that "quality" loss they have couldn't get any better than what it is.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3062 on: November 22, 2019, 02:39:41 PM »

Do not underestimate the chance of chaos. All it takes is for Texas to beat Baylor and Oklahoma to lose the championship game

Big 12 equivalent of beating a dead horse. That conference can’t make it with a one loss champion.
Not over another one loss Conference champ,  but if Wisky wins out and there are four one loss Conference champs?
If Wisconsin does win out it will finish with wins over 2 top ten teams and easily jump Oklahoma who can’t match that finish.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3063 on: November 22, 2019, 02:43:14 PM »

Absent chaos from the rest of the contenders the Tide probably falls from five based on SOS alone.

Three loss Auburn beat #6 Oregon. And their three losses were to the #1, #4, and #10 teams in the nation, by an average of only 7 points per game. So their metrics actually look very good.

Making them out to sound like they're the same as the 7-3 Indiana Who?siers is patently fatuous.
Indiana is not ranked. No one is comparing them to Auburn.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3064 on: November 22, 2019, 03:42:36 PM »

You did.

But the point being made is that there are 3 loss teams that are eh, and then there are 3 loss teams that aren't eh.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

bosox26d

• View Profile
« Reply #3065 on: November 22, 2019, 04:28:09 PM »

Went East for five weeks with no internet and couldn't get back into the site. Changed my password and it let me back in. Was going to make it ohiostsucks
I was thinking of starting a Faulkner discussion just to see if you were dead.
😂😂

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3066 on: November 22, 2019, 04:42:46 PM »

You did.
No.
But the point being made is that there are 3 loss teams that are eh, and then there are 3 loss teams that aren't eh.
Which will be a factor should Indiana beat Michigan and end 9-3 with two of its losses to tOSU and PSU. Auburn would have to beat Alabama to finish 9-3.  A loss to the ‘ Tide would leave them at 8-4 It’s quality win over Oregon might be the deciding factor to finish higher than Indiana.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3067 on: November 22, 2019, 05:07:45 PM »

You did.
No.
Which will be a factor should Indiana beat Michigan and end 9-3 with two of its losses to tOSU and PSU. Auburn would have to beat Alabama to finish 9-3.  A loss to the ‘ Tide would leave them at 8-4 It’s quality win over Oregon might be the deciding factor to finish higher than Indiana.
The deciding factor ought to be the other team IU lost to.
There was not a needy person among them, for as many as were possessors of lands or houses sold them, and brought the proceeds of what was sold and laid it at the apostles' feet, and distribution was made to each as any had need.

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3068 on: November 22, 2019, 05:13:15 PM »

Isn't there a rule about games against D3 teams not counting.
"Can you deny, there's nothing greater, nothing more than the travelling hands of time?"-Jay Farrar

kiidcarter8

• View Profile
« Reply #3069 on: November 22, 2019, 05:27:13 PM »

Hey, we have internet in the east. This ain't South Park.

Nice to see you back Bo.

I think he was at East Rikers

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3070 on: November 22, 2019, 05:46:34 PM »

You did.
No.
The deciding factor ought to be the other team IU lost to.
LOL!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3071 on: November 22, 2019, 05:57:06 PM »

Isn't there a rule about games against D3 teams not counting.
Those are factored in using ‘ common sense’ by the Committee.
:)

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3072 on: November 23, 2019, 02:59:47 PM »

Alabama squeaks out a hard fought win over mighty Directional State.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3073 on: November 23, 2019, 03:25:33 PM »

Thank God for Rutgers.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3074 on: November 23, 2019, 03:46:15 PM »

I may stop watching the IU - Methchicken game. Because that way as far as I can tell, Methchicken loses.
Pages: 1 ... 203 204 [205] 206 207 ... 329