Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250114 times)

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3165 on: December 04, 2019, 11:40:45 AM »

The only "workout" UVa is likely to give ClemSIN is from the players sprinting down the field to join in the touchdown celebration.

The South Atlantic League is abysmal with a touch of ClemSIN, but no one is as unhinged and deranged about the Conference as that stupid stupid man is about the Big Whatever, and no one here has fantasized about being rolled by guys in Georgia.Tech sweatshirts.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3166 on: December 04, 2019, 12:03:00 PM »

The Committee showed a lot of love for Utah moving it to fifth. Lots of praise for the Utes’ consistent play on both sides of the ball, even cutting them slack for the loss to USC when Utah running back Zach Moss missed most of the game.
Still, Utah is without a top 25 win so if LSU opens up the fourth spot by beating Georgia the Committee will have to sort out how Utah and Oklahoma/Baylor performed in CG games.

tOSU  and LSU will face similar scrutiny after the B1G and SEC title games for the top spot.
Even more interesting will be the B1G Bowl placement. The highest rated league team after the Buckeyes will get the Rose Bowl(if the precedent set in 2015 holds).  Right now it is Wisconsin over Penn State 8/10. Does Wisconsin have to win to go to Pasadena ?
If it doesn’t win and PSU moves up then the Badgers have a shot at the Cotton Bowl giving the B1G 3 NYSix  Bowls.
The other January 1 Bowls the Citrus gets Michigan’s and Alabama, the Outback Minnesota and Auburn.

And Cincinnati stayed alive for the non power five Bowl(Cotton) if it can beat Memphis.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 12:04:59 PM by Espnthree »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3167 on: December 04, 2019, 01:30:39 PM »

Methchicken versus Alabama would be the feature.game in my personal Hell.
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3168 on: December 04, 2019, 03:18:43 PM »

You think that the fact that the Coastal Division has had 6 different champs in 6 years attests to the quality of the ACC? Okay let's say we view that differently.
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3169 on: December 04, 2019, 03:59:02 PM »

I guess your view of quality doesn't apply then to the Atlantic Division which Clemson wins every year. And it's fine by me that when Clemson wins by 50 points this Saturday you will  then again talk about the parity, balance and competitiveness of the ACC. But it will sound silly.

You can use profanity. It doesn't bother me.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:05:18 PM by Yankguy1 »
"Well, I left Rome and landed in Brussels.  On a plane ride so bumpy that I almost cried. Clergy men in uniform, and young girls pulling mussels. Everyone was there to greet me when I stepped inside..."-Bob Dylan

Yankguy1

• View Profile
« Reply #3170 on: December 04, 2019, 04:06:51 PM »

And by the way my view of the ACC has nothing to do with Clemson who I view as the best team in the country.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3171 on: December 04, 2019, 04:29:31 PM »

The MAC has had 8 different teams in their Championship game over the last 4 years. If parity, balance and competitiveness are your quality benchmarks then the MAC is the best Conference in the country. I mean, I have always thought the MAC sucked balls, but then I am not a stupid, stupid man.

I should point out that the stupid, stupid man can't even get his own case right. All seven of the Coastal schools have been to the ACC championship game in 7 years. And lost.  Of the Coastal schools, only the Hokies have.ever permanently won the ACC Championship game.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:32:53 PM by Hairy Lime »

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3172 on: December 04, 2019, 04:37:35 PM »

Appearances   School   Wins   Losses   Pct.   Year(s) Won   Year(s) Lost
7   Clemson                    5   1   .833   2011, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018   2009
6   Virginia Tech            3   3   .500   2007, 2008, 2010   2005, 2011, 2016
5   Florida State            4   1   .800   2005, 2012, 2013, 2014   2010
4   Georgia Tech

The ACC has more history than the past five years.....look at the BigWhatever track record keeping in mind that ZeroState's dominance is partially obscured by  eligibityy problems.

No profanity, YG, would never direct such at a good guy like you.
The Big 10 has had 4 different champions in 8 years.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 04:50:02 PM by Hairy Lime »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3173 on: December 04, 2019, 05:59:34 PM »

And quicker whistles by officials.  The NFL officials are much quicker than the college ones in blowing the play dead.

Neither true nor wise in the day and age of replay.
Forward progress is not reviewable so officials have to be sure.
On possible change of possession plays the same holds true. Be sure the fumble( for example) came after being downed or let it play out for the TV cameras to sort out.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3174 on: December 04, 2019, 06:08:42 PM »

You think that the fact that the Coastal Division has had 6 different champs in 6 years attests to the quality of the ACC? Okay let's say we view that differently.

It’s sort of akin to a one party political state. Sure there are two in name but one always wins the “championship” while the other serves up fodder each year and then gives way to another candidate to try the next year.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2019, 06:10:27 PM by Espnthree »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3175 on: December 04, 2019, 07:26:46 PM »

And quicker whistles by officials.  The NFL officials are much quicker than the college ones in blowing the play dead.

Neither true nor wise in the day and age of replay.
Forward progress is not reviewable so officials have to be sure.

When a receiver catches a pass near the first down marker the play is reviewed to determine his forward position or progress.  Happens all the time.
Different rule. Judging the “ spot “ of the ball can be reviewed.

Stopping a play because the official determined forward progress has been halted is entirely different. Any ensuing action, fumble, breaking free, backward pass, etc would be a moot point if the whistle  blew for stopping forward progress.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3176 on: December 04, 2019, 07:46:42 PM »

Player safety is paramount. Ask anyone who has played THE game.
Jock-sniffing spectators need not opine.
No one is arguing otherwise.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3177 on: December 04, 2019, 07:57:00 PM »

Was that supposed to be a response?

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3178 on: December 04, 2019, 08:29:27 PM »

Telling that ThE SiameseStupidTwins rely on the MAC of the powerless 5 as a counter example-
the MAC's main purpose throughout its existence has been to serve as  a Cupcake and Twinkie factory for the BigWhatever.
I chose the MAC because it is weak, you stupid, stupid man. It shows how stupid, stupid your argument using parity, competitiveness and balance as measure of quality is.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3179 on: December 04, 2019, 08:59:19 PM »

Clay Helton and USC fight on!
Chris Peterson looks like he is done (his choice) as a coach.

Last chance for real chaos. (Not my prediction)
LSU beats Georgia (well that is)
Virginia beats Clemson
Wisconsin beats tOSU
12-1 non-champion Clemson
12-1 non-champion OSU
12-1 champion Baylor
11-2 champion Wisconsin
11-2 non-champion Georgia
11-2 non-campion Oklahoma
11-2 champion Oregon

Pages: 1 ... 210 211 [212] 213 214 ... 329