Escape from Elba

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Poll

Will all the Bowl games be played this year?

Yes
- 0 (0%)
No
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: October 22, 2020, 02:05:59 PM

Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 329

Author Topic: College Football  (Read 250646 times)

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
Re: College Football
« Reply #3315 on: December 13, 2019, 12:28:50 PM »

For the life of me I can't imagine why you'd want to expand the field to 8 teams in a 4-2-1 playoff system, which would allow for the full paricipation of all the conferences and all the teams with a decent shot at a championship to get a shot, and would entail a cumbersome and grueling one more week of football when you can have the current 4-team, 2-1, format determined by 13 committee members holed up in a 5-star resort sucking down cocktails. Although the 4 additional football games and TV rights might cover the cost of the commitee getting room upgrades and comped mini-bar privledges.

LOL A master of sarcasm Rich.

Me personally I like the 5 or 6 team playoff. Eight wouldn't end my world though.
How does 5 work? A single play in game? It would have to be at least one week before the semis. Co-opt the Boca Raton Bowl?

The 4 and 5 ranked teams in the final CFP Rankings would play one game two weeks after Championship Saturday at the home site of the No. 4 team or a neutral site. That gives both teams two weeks to rest up and prepare for that game. I say two weeks because I don't want to take anything away from Army/Navy week. But I suppose they could play that week and the winner gets two weeks for the 4 team playoff. Either way works. Use an existing bowl game or create a new one.

And then the winner gets a week to get ready for the College Football Playoff.
What do farmers and the media have in common?
They both spend a lot of time spreading shit.

Hairy Lime

• I'm not eating one iota of shit.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: December 13, 2019, 12:33:26 PM »

For the life of me I can't imagine why you'd want to expand the field to 8 teams in a 4-2-1 playoff system, which would allow for the full paricipation of all the conferences and all the teams with a decent shot at a championship to get a shot, and would entail a cumbersome and grueling one more week of football when you can have the current 4-team, 2-1, format determined by 13 committee members holed up in a 5-star resort sucking down cocktails. Although the 4 additional football games and TV rights might cover the cost of the commitee getting room upgrades and comped mini-bar privledges.

Me personally I like the 5 or 6 team playoff. Eight wouldn't end my world though.
How does 5 work? A single play in game? It would have to be at least one week before the semis. Co-opt the Boca Raton Bowl?

The 4 and 5 ranked teams in the final CFP Rankings would play one game two weeks after Championship Saturday at the home site of the No. 4 team or a neutral site. That gives both teams two weeks to rest up and prepare for that game. I say two weeks because I don't want to take anything away from Army/Navy week. But I suppose they could play that week and the winner gets two weeks for the 4 team playoff. Either way works. Use an existing bowl game or create a new one.

And the loser?
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: December 13, 2019, 08:15:25 PM »

And the loser?

Gets to watch the Pinstripe Bowl.

They should be riveted.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: December 13, 2019, 09:15:38 PM »

And the loser?

They should be riveted.
Well, sarcasm appreciated but aside, you are keeping a top program out of the bowl season or you risk putting a demoralized and unmotivated team in an NY6 game. I was liking a 6 team playoff with a 3/6 , 4/5 set of games, but I think it works better for all to play the additional games after the NY6 rather than before.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2019, 09:18:20 PM by Hairy Lime »
The pellet with the poison's in the vessel with the pestle; the chalice with the palace has the brew that is true!

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: December 14, 2019, 06:26:55 PM »

And the loser?

They should be riveted.
Well, sarcasm appreciated but aside, you are keeping a top program out of the bowl season or you risk putting a demoralized and unmotivated team in an NY6 game. I was liking a 6 team playoff with a 3/6 , 4/5 set of games, but I think it works better for all to play the additional games after the NY6 rather than before.

The loser get a postseason game and a shot at the playoffs. I would think any of the teams at #5 would make tht trade in a heartbeat. The fans get one extra game. As to unmotivated that risk factor is already there IMO. One prime example will be Michigan vs Alabama.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: December 14, 2019, 06:59:26 PM »

And the loser?

They should be riveted.

The loser get a postseason game and a shot at the playoffs. I would think any of the teams at #5 would make tht trade in a heartbeat. The fans get one extra game. As to unmotivated that risk factor is already there IMO. One prime example will be Michigan vs Alabama.
ROFL!
In a an expanded playoff the extra teams would play in Existing Bowls. The loser(s) are done. As they should be. No bowl is going to be “ created “ for a playoff loser or losers.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: December 14, 2019, 07:50:58 PM »

And the loser?

They should be riveted.

ROFL!
In a an expanded playoff the extra teams would play in Existing Bowls. The loser(s) are done. As they should be. No bowl is going to be “ created “ for a playoff loser or losers.

Maybe, no shit Sherlock, and don't bet on it.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2019, 09:09:30 PM by CaptainCargo »

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: December 14, 2019, 08:15:06 PM »

And the loser?

They should be riveted.

ROFL!

Maybe, no shit Sherlock, don't bet on it.
I would.
In a heartbeat.

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: December 14, 2019, 09:10:59 PM »

Well maybe not created. More like a spot/s reserved.

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: December 14, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »

Spot/s reserved for losers ?
Don’t think so.

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: December 14, 2019, 11:14:53 PM »

If Tlaw and Etienne win the championship they won’t be crying like a little bitch, JoBu...

jbottle

• View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: December 14, 2019, 11:16:04 PM »

Jk, he was awesum

CaptainCargo

• Yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: December 15, 2019, 10:06:46 AM »

Spot/s reserved for losers ?
Don’t think so.

One country heard from.

Hairy Lime

• View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: December 18, 2019, 03:34:33 AM »

RIP Haden Fry. 

Espnthree

• View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: December 18, 2019, 03:01:49 PM »

At least three Oklahoma players, defensive end Ronnie Perkins, running back Rhamondre Stevenson and receiver Trejan Bridges, reportedly have been suspended for the Peach Bowl because they failed drug tests. Perkins would be a big loss since he is the team’s best pass rusher.  The Tigers have allowed a lot of sacks this year.
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 329